Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lunatarium???????

Lunaterium

decor varies from party to party....its basically an industrial loft, stripped to the brick walls (probably to remove asbestos)

parties usually have some art shows involved

sound system ok...acoustics very good

tends to get very warm very easily

concrete floors (ouch!)

usually set up very well...very diverse crowd...very diverse selection of music...nice vibe

hopefully you'll get to catch some fire eaters or some wacked out performance....

:D

I was just there this passed Saturday. It's a pain in the ass to actually GET to the building because of the numerous ONE WAY streets. DUMBO section of Brooklyn.

This one was my first so I wouldn't know how the rest of them are like, but IMO it gets to be too much. Jungle, D&B, breaks... just non-stop all mixed in together. Difficult to get through the whole night there.

But yeah, it's a good place to hang out for a while. There was a fire eater this passed Saturday.

Definitely worth checking out.

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

I don't know if I spelled that right, but has anybody been there before? It's in Brooklyn on Jay st. And if so, what's like, decor, atmosphere, vibe, set up, etc, etc. etc.....

Quoth has been there numerous times he can tell you all about it.

i'll make a deal with u...

u come with me one time to luna and i'll come with u one time for that 'fish bowl' :tongue:

::youfuckingslackerfucku::

p.s. spoke to anthony lately?? i can never get in touch with that motherfucker...then again i would be pimpin out my S2000 as well if i had one :laugh:

Originally posted by mugwump

That place is full of hippies

and art fags..and they play many genres

of music..Who the fuck would ever want to go

there?

not to mention...

guys passing around flavored tobacco...games like "toss the ring on the cock"....and last but not least..ABSINTHE...i mean..who the fuck would ever want to drink that shit :drunk:

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

I am going for a private party, so I am assuming that it will not be as"dramaatic" as some of you have said.

. . Its a really big, quite bare, wearhouse in Brooklyn . . .Just think o fa large cavernous industrial space . . no frills, and you have Dumboluna . . .

i like it. my friends who i have been there with have had varied opinions of the place though. my one girlfriend hated it, she thought it was a young, classless crowd. my other guy friend liked it for the same reasons i do, it is laid back, interesting & a fun place... no dress code, good atmosphere/crowd.

Originally posted by somebitch

i like it. my friends who i have been there with have had varied opinions of the place though. my one girlfriend hated it, she thought it was a young, classless crowd. my other guy friend liked it for the same reasons i do, it is laid back, interesting & a fun place... no dress code, good atmosphere/crowd.

Yea...

Kind of tough for some Clubbers

to realize that there IS a nightlife

beyond a "dresscode" isn't it....

It's nice to expose uptight people

to a wearhouse party..

(Kinda like a time warp to the way

things USE to be around here before

all of NY jumped on the pretty, Velvet rope

hoochie goochie band wagon.)

luna's my favorite venue around... the view is amazing at night, and sunrise is even better...

definately a bare-bones place... the best part... is that you know no one is going into no-where brooklyn for image... they're all there to hear some music... (not to sound too much like mugz :tongue: )