Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Jonathan Peters Sound Factory Cd......

Originally posted by magilicuti

and yet on the jp cd, "Live with Jonathan Peters" i can't find one track here that was ever on a ktu playlist, strange :rolleyes:

i'm sorry.. guess i shoulda have just said plain cheesy tracks as opposed to putting the KTU in front of it[even though so many are]

didn't know i was goign to be taken THAT literally :rolleyes:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by PFloyd40

see now i caught a glimpse of what was an intelligent response from someone in this thread where they actually spoke about how he's spinning, as opposed to lashing out like a little baby..

if he's changed then enlighten me.. but until then, settle down w/ all the shit talking, b/c i was merely presenting an opinion WHICH I FORMULATED THROUGH MY OWN EXPERIENCES..

no one here seems to be able to back your "experiences." and has he changed? well i never knew of a time when he was playing ktu vocal at sf so you tell me. i'm saying you said you went to sf awhile ago and now you think you have the right to hate on the place and say whatever the hell you want. shit like download a ktu vocal and loop it. you know for a mother fucking fact that is not true about factory. your responses are full of shit and i don't think your experiences are far from it, peace

now we are changing our response from ktu vocal to cheesey tracks? alright cool. so now that would have been a little bit better because its a fact that no ktu vocals are played at sf. so now that you were corrected on that you can just say cheese tracks and cheese is your opinion.

so let's hear what your opinion of a cheese sf track.

quoth asked for a copy of jp's cd and you response by calling sf music cheese so let's hear what you thought was cheese. from your exeriences that you formulated awhile back what tracks did you hear that cheesed you out?

Originally posted by PFloyd40

see now i caught a glimpse of what was an intelligent response from someone in this thread where they actually spoke about how he's spinning, as opposed to lashing out like a little baby..

if he's changed then enlighten me.. but until then, settle down w/ all the shit talking, b/c i was merely presenting an opinion WHICH I FORMULATED THROUGH MY OWN EXPERIENCES..

all im gonna say is because everyone has an opinion and everyone is entitled to it... so basically there is no right and there is no wrong... its an opinion.... a dj will never ever ever make every single person in a room happy... his job is to play the majority... if you arent the majority in that room then im sorry... but honestly i will tell you jp has gotten alot better since he has cleaned up... i dont know if you watch the sf board.. but when i used to post on it.. week in and week out.. i would come home from sf and post one comment... and that was

JP SUCKS BIG HAIRY MOOSE COCK!!!!! all of the people i chill with in the club each and every one of them have all as of late have heard the the following words come outta my mouth while in the club...

"JP is off the fucking hook tonight!!!" i wasnt able to say that at all for a long time and as of late i have been sayin it every week... so in my "opinion" the music has improved drastically... he is rotating his set weekly so we arent getting bored with the same music each week.. he is coming up with atleast one to two new songs a week... he is changing his mixs of songs each week he isnt playing alicia keys for an hour... so in my book i give him two thumbs up as of late....

for those who have heard him in the past... he still does not compare to 98 or 99 but he is on his way back....

my personal opinion is he needs to get outta factory because he is soo limited as to his crowd... if he actually had a tour then i believe he would get better only because he would have to prove himself each time he was out there.. being at sf its his house and he can do what he wants and the people will be happy with it because thats what they are used to.... make it so he has to prove himself and watch what he can do... he is extremely talented and has some talent that most dj's could dream of...

just out of curiousity, why is it that you refuse to let me have an opinion?

anyway..

no one here seems to be able to back your "experiences."

don't understand what it is your trying to say here...

and has he changed? well i never knew of a time when he was playing ktu vocal at sf so you tell me. i'm saying you said you went to sf awhile ago and now you think you have the right to hate on the place and say whatever the hell you want.

nope not think, know i have the right..

::...JoNaThAn PeTeRs aT tHe sOuNd FaCtOrY...........::

....u will not experience jp on a cd.....and unfortunately u cannot go back and experience jp in the past

:(

....threads like these gimme the itch to pay a visit to la factoria:D

Originally posted by hawaiiguestlis

all im gonna say is because everyone has an opinion and everyone is entitled to it... so basically there is no right and there is no wrong... its an opinion.... a dj will never ever ever make every single person in a room happy... his job is to play the majority... if you arent the majority in that room then im sorry... but honestly i will tell you jp has gotten alot better since he has cleaned up... i dont know if you watch the sf board.. but when i used to post on it.. week in and week out.. i would come home from sf and post one comment... and that was

JP SUCKS BIG HAIRY MOOSE COCK!!!!! all of the people i chill with in the club each and every one of them have all as of late have heard the the following words come outta my mouth while in the club...

"JP is off the fucking hook tonight!!!" i wasnt able to say that at all for a long time and as of late i have been sayin it every week... so in my "opinion" the music has improved drastically... he is rotating his set weekly so we arent getting bored with the same music each week.. he is coming up with atleast one to two new songs a week... he is changing his mixs of songs each week he isnt playing alicia keys for an hour... so in my book i give him two thumbs up as of late....

for those who have heard him in the past... he still does not compare to 98 or 99 but he is on his way back....

my personal opinion is he needs to get outta factory because he is soo limited as to his crowd... if he actually had a tour then i believe he would get better only because he would have to prove himself each time he was out there.. being at sf its his house and he can do what he wants and the people will be happy with it because thats what they are used to.... make it so he has to prove himself and watch what he can do... he is extremely talented and has some talent that most dj's could dream of...

na i havent' posted on the deeper board in a couple years...

i'm glad for your sake that he's picking it up... maybe at some point i'll hear a review that will really entice me to go back again.. i don't doubt for a second that the man has skills... not at all.. but at the same time i have an opinion on him that is my own.. thanks for responding in a way that sheds a little more light on what he's been doign as of late.. sounds like if there were more cats like you in the club that things would be even better.. yet so many out there seem to just defend jp to the ends of the earth, no matter how bad he plays..

Originally posted by misk

::...JoNaThAn PeTeRs aT tHe sOuNd FaCtOrY...........::

....u will not experience jp on a cd.....and unfortunately u cannot go back and experience jp in the past

:(

....threads like these gimme the itch to pay a visit to la factoria:D

Mosey on down there Missy. :D

And in 98 and 99 he was amazing. I say this partying totally sober. He does not show the creativity he used to show back then, but irrespective of the fact that he doesn't have the international recognition that a Danny Tenaglia has, he has SO MUCH talent. When he is ON, not many DJs can touch him.

JP does play vocals, but they don't fall into the CHEESE category IMO, certainly not KTU cheese. He has been playing more progressive house as of late, which is a positive IMO e.g., tracks by That Kid Chris, Echomen, Afro Beat Kingz etc. I'll be the first to bash JP when I think he sucks. Last time I heard him he was good, and based on what regulars have been telling me the past few months, he's been great.

hmmm...ok - your opinion is that jp plays cheese - that's cool. i'm sure lots of people don't like what you listen too either so whatever.

i haven't been going to SF of late, however, i've been in and outta there and the old location for about 8 years now. with the exception of tracks that KTU plays that aren't exclusively KTU cheese tracks (as in songs that got play on lots of stations and by lots of DJs - just that KTU does a cheesier version of it) - i really can't think of many songs that he EVER played that fit your derisive initial description of KTU vocal loops.

personally if i ever here his madonna mix again it'll be too soon though.

i'm curious as to who you do like to listen to btw

everyone has their bad nights and JP definately had a couple himself. but for people to keep responding that jp completely sux and all this is nuts. you yourself said you know when's he's good he's good. so why completely bash him for a couple bad nights? some ppl here hate on jp just to hate on him and the sf crowd.

everyone has their bad nights and JP definately had a couple himself. but for people to keep responding that jp completely sux and all this is nuts. you yourself said you know when's he's good he's good. so why completely bash him for a couple bad nights? some ppl here hate on jp just to hate on him and the sf crowd.

then i think your confusing me w/ someone else bro..

i really didnt' "hate" on him like you keep saying... i've actually complemented him a few times if anything...

as for the person who asked what i listen to.. a looooot of stuff ;) but plenty that i'm sure many on hear would label as crap..

for example, a lot of people on here probably would voice their dislike for deep house.. or true techno(not tech house) of which i happen to love both.. electro(only some as theres a ton of bad electro out there thats nothing but noyze), atmospheric breaks.. we all have our own likes and dislikes, those are just some of mine :)

oh and the music he has been playin right around the end of the night... i dont know what to call it but the people who are there will know what im talking bout...

the music that sounds like you are in jamaica and you hear like a sax or a trumpet or something playing... and he sits there letting it play out for like a good half hour... that completey turns me off... it was what he was playing at the closing last week... before he threw down the awesom kristine w. track...

agreed with magiclutti what the fuck are you talking bout... name one ktu song he is playing right now... and those hour long loops havent been dont in weeks... jp has been clean for over 2 months.. hense why the music has been alot and i mean alot better in the last 2 months plus... i havent missed a sat night there in over a year and a half... i have been there for his ups and his downs... and i will tell you last week the music sucked which usually happens after a theme party... but the theme party and the two weeks before that the music was off the fucking hook... i seriously think that you all hate on sf just to bitch about something.... i used to hate on jp more than prolly anyone out there about 4 or 5 months ago.. and as of late he has been off the hook... with the exception of last week.. but i will promise you tonight is gonna be sick if it compares to labor day weekend last year....

oh and the cd if you want i can send it to you online i have it on mp3.... let me know

:laugh: :laugh: clean for 2 months guess u didnt see him at temps and surf or the house party afterwards a few weeks back

Originally posted by wakeup

:laugh: :laugh: clean for 2 months guess u didnt see him at temps and surf or the house party afterwards a few weeks back

i caught a few of those pics of him at temps.. hahaha

i think you factory heads need to make and avatar of jp all fucked up like mine of sasha ;)

it was what he was playing at the closing last week... before he threw down the awesom kristine w. track...

Kristine W. - Letting Go (Hani Mix) he played it the last two weeks around closing.

I'm with hawaiiguestlis on this I love JP..Been a follower for a lot of years. Everyone has there ups and downs. JP had it great, I remember coming in to a club at 2 am and coming out the next day at 5.6 PM Every track he dropped was insane. I had a few years break from SF, came back last summer he was good but not as I remember him. This summer in the beginning he was really down, I don't know maybe because of the drugs change or what ever the reason. But I can tell now he is coming back slowly but surely.

Last year Labor was SICK! So i hope tonight he will be as good as at least last year i will be a happy camper!!!

:D

Originally posted by edwardt

I'm with hawaiiguestlis on this I love JP..Been a follower for a lot of years. Everyone has there ups and downs. JP had it great, I remember coming in to a club at 2 am and coming out the next day at 5.6 PM Every track he dropped was insane. I had a few years break from SF, came back last summer he was good but not as I remember him. This summer in the beginning he was really down, I don't know maybe because of the drugs change or what ever the reason. But I can tell now he is coming back slowly but surely.

Last year Labor was SICK! So i hope tonight he will be as good as at least last year i will be a happy camper!!!

:D

man how fuckin cool am i????

This thread has made this guy who registered in sept 1999 come out of the wood work and respond....

welcome my old skool brotha.

no one here seems to be able to back your "experiences." and has he changed? well i never knew of a time when he was playing ktu vocal at sf so you tell me. i'm saying you said you went to sf awhile ago and now you think you have the right to hate on the place and say whatever the hell you want. shit like download a ktu vocal and loop it. you know for a mother fucking fact that is not true about factory. your responses are full of shit and i don't think your experiences are far from it, peace

yo i hate jp as a person i think he is a g-head but he spinns sik..and he does play ktu vocals at times...but his mixes of them are insane....and to name the latest one its called reina-no one is going to change u....i got his dub,acc , and sf vocal mix n trust me the vocal is a ktu track...........but however in sf wen he is mixing it i love it......even though he might play a track like that, the whole night he play FILTHY DIRT TECH.... which u my friend the kid knockin him i guess is to k ed out to realize it .

Fucking christ... people defending the club they go to like someone had just talked shit about their momma. Lighten the fuck up.

He just wanted to know what the cd was like, so someone who has it, post the damn tracklisting so he can get an idea of what it sounds like.

So some of the tracks he plays are different mixes of KTU vocals. People can't have their own opinion if they don't like his music? I'm one of them, and personally don't like JP's DJing or the people that go to SF. But then those people probably wouldn't like hanging out at the spots I play watching ghetto-vamps and gravers stompin to hard techno and gabba with body-modifaction performances onstage.

We all like what we like, but for christ's sake, it's just a club. It's not like someone just talked shit about you to your face. Get over it.

i think the cd he released a few months ago was decent...the effects and everything he applies to his music is insane..and i don't see many NYC DJ's doing what he does...he's not my favorite DJ...but i give the man respect....remember.....he's held down a consitant saturday/sunday party in NYC for the last 6 years!!!