Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Jonathan Peters Sound Factory Cd......

Surprise, Surprise

Another drama thread concerning factory and/or JP......

It is entertainment though....keep it up.

Some people like what they like....I rip on it even though I accept it. A lot of SF freaks said JP sucked and that his track selection was horrible last week when I thought the track selection was awesome having not gone back in nearly a year cause I couldn't stand the place last time I went. We all got our tastes.....some people don't like vocal house even though JP will wear out a vocal over and over......but some people do. I didn't hear many cheesy vocals last week and loved it, yet some people wanted that stuff and thats why they hated it. To each his own.

As for the CD.....on both disks you gotta wait for the last 25% of the CD before it develops into anything good.....thats my opinion.

To answer the question what songs does JP play thats on KTU???

Luz Divina - In Your Eyes.....an SF anthem

That Alicia Keys remix that I heard he played for 50 mins the last theme party

Theres two for you guys to mull over......I said my piece and I'm outta this one

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Surprise, Surprise

Another drama thread concerning factory and/or JP......

It is entertainment though....keep it up.

Some people like what they like....I rip on it even though I accept it. A lot of SF freaks said JP sucked and that his track selection was horrible last week when I thought the track selection was awesome having not gone back in nearly a year cause I couldn't stand the place last time I went. We all got our tastes.....some people don't like vocal house even though JP will wear out a vocal over and over......but some people do. I didn't hear many cheesy vocals last week and loved it, yet some people wanted that stuff and thats why they hated it. To each his own.

As for the CD.....on both disks you gotta wait for the last 25% of the CD before it develops into anything good.....thats my opinion.

To answer the question what songs does JP play thats on KTU???

Luz Divina - In Your Eyes.....an SF anthem

That Alicia Keys remix that I heard he played for 50 mins the last theme party

Theres two for you guys to mull over......I said my piece and I'm outta this one

the only time in your eyes has shown up on ktu has been when it was spun live by a live dj. it's not a part of ktu programming. The same goes for the sound de juor remix of alicia keys' a women's worth.

Originally posted by asianvixen

the only time in your eyes has shown up on ktu has been when it was spun live by a live dj. it's not a part of ktu programming. The same goes for the sound de juor remix of alicia keys' a women's worth.

uhh...my coworkers listen to ktu all day long....i hear in your eyes about 3 times a fucking day

if jp plays songs for like 10 mins alot of people wont like it. i for sure wont. everyone loves the length he plays his songs for. it's his style. droppin it over and over again. i remember when he played tons of songs. i remember love at first site the greatest drop in it was when he dropped it 40 mins after it started. it's his style and alot of people like that. i prefer to hear quality music over and over again. quality not quantity. i remember when i heard goin thru it for the first time at classics nite and he played it for 12 mins and i was so pissed. i was like wtf bring it back please.

Originally posted by PFloyd40

don't have it so can't help ya w/ the copy..

but then again if you really wanna know what its like, just go download the latest ktu vocal, loop it 7 times, burn that and you'll get a better idea...

wrong. He plays the vocals before they make it to KTU.derf:blown: :tongue:

how is it bullshit when i'm speaking from past experiences?

i actually used to go to factory a lot a few years ago but dont' anymore..

if i recall you told me you went to Factory twice and one theme party. If you don't like it then don't like it but get over it already:idea: :tongue:

I actually like the cds a lot, esp. disc 2 - but it's my roomie's so I can't exactly lend it to you.

I am not a Factory head so I can't say how it compares to him live, and I don't listen to KTU so I can't say if there are any KTU tracks on it. Hate to disappoint, but I'm unable to add to the meaningless drama. :tongue:

Originally posted by girly

if i recall you told me you went to Factory twice and one theme party. If you don't like it then don't like it but get over it already:idea: :tongue:

someone's busted. :idea:

Originally posted by girly

never, did i tell anything of the sort... ingrid, hun, you tried pulling this once before and i had to shoot you down then too... theres no need to make up bullshit b/c i posted an opinion about the damn club..

as i recall the only thing i ever told you about soundfactory was the one of the main reasons i stopped going.. namely, the ridiculous overcrowding that got worse and worse and culiminated(for me) in waiting an hour just to get to coatcheck for jp's bday in '99...

as far as getting over it, what is your point? i'm perfectly "over it", was simply stating an opinion...

never, did i tell anything of the sort... ingrid, hun, you tried pulling this once before and i had to shoot you down then too... theres no need to make up bullshit b/c i posted an opinion about the damn club..

Rob hun,no offense, you never shot me down nor will you ever. Its not your scene we both know this and agree on this at least, so guess what don't go. Why post in a thread saying that cheesy KTU vocals are what is played there? That is such a crock of garbage and all you want to do is let everyone hear your negative opinion of this place any time it comes up in just the slightest bit. What about songs like Amanda Ghost-Idol, and Corrupt and Ben Shaw- So strong? Those to me at least are far from KTU cheese and are classics always played there. So whos making up bull shit? Everyone whos posted in this thread so far knows it you. Thats my opinion. Then again everyone who goes there knows what vocals are played and that was the whole point of this right:tongue: :D

Originally posted by magilicuti

and yet on the jp cd, "Live with Jonathan Peters" i can't find one track here that was ever on a ktu playlist, strange :rolleyes:

Trippin ;)

and the vocals played at SF arent KTU cheese UNTIL he has been rockin em for a few weeks already and they get released....you arent gonna go to SF and hear Heaven or One Good Reason or whatever they are playing now......in fact, the only "mainstream" vocals he plays nowadays are Mr Lonely and Reina, neither of which have been released on vinyl yet.....

BG