Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What are you passionate about?

Music - listening, spinning, rhyming, beat makin

Food - making it, buying it, ordering it, anticipating it, eating it, reheating it, eating it some more

Love

People - meeting them, hangin with them, making people laugh!!, although I'm withdrawn/anti social at the same time

Blaaaaaaazin

Travelling....

HAVIN FUN.....what its all about i think.....

:D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im passionate about in no particular order:

Family, Friendships, Relationships, Self-Improvment, Excercising, dancing, music, food, computers, movies, games (computer or console), reading, Feng-Shui, School, electronics, hacking, and just flat out loungin around the house.

passion is attachment.

from attachment comes desire.

desire springs forth superficial "need".

superficial need conjures up delusion.

delusion leads to blinding diversions.

a life not free from desire and passion is always involved with distress and suffering.

and now, back to happy thoughts...

(brought to you by the Rain-On-Their-Parade Foundation ®)

Originally posted by loch

passion is attachment.

from attachment comes desire.

desire springs forth superficial "need".

superficial need conjures up delusion.

delusion leads to blinding diversions.

a life not free from desire and passion is always involved with distress and suffering.

and now, back to happy thoughts...

(brought to you by the Rain-On-Their-Parade Foundation ®)

...did someone forget to take their pills today?...

Originally posted by hoke

r.i.p.

I reread that whole series last month!

...in the late 80s...i was an original hacker/phreaker...remember them days...you accessed BBS not the web...anyways...point is...my username was Ford Prefect...but i will deny all of the above in a court of law..

Originally posted by phatman

...in the late 80s...i was an original hacker/phreaker...remember them days...you accessed BBS not the web...anyways...point is...my username was Ford Prefect...but i will deny all of the above in a court of law..

Nice!

Related note... did you ever read a short story called "True Names" by Vernor Vinge? This was DECADES ago, but he envisioned an electronic universe where everyone had an alias, and you could get into serious trouble if anyone ever found out your true name.

And look at us now!

Originally posted by hoke

Nice!

Related note... did you ever read a short story called "True Names" by Vernor Vinge? This was DECADES ago, but he envisioned an electronic universe where everyone had an alias, and you could get into serious trouble if anyone ever found out your true name.

And look at us now!

...nope...but that's pretty funny...i'll put it on my long list of future reads...

Originally posted by phatman

...did someone forget ...

i'm just your 100% au naturel cynic, my friend.

actually, that drivel came about after attending Anil Revri's "cultural crossings" exhibit last week, whose artwork incorporated 6 major religions (christianity, judaism, buddhism, hiduism, islam, sikkhism) whereby each of those religion's teachings had some sort of language denouncing passion and desire (or something to that effect). just food for thought.

it was DeNiro's character in "Heat" who said, "never put anything in your life where you can't walk away from in 30 seconds flat when you feel heat coming around the corner."

this is why one (yours truly) strives to live a completely detached life. or so i think. :rolleyes: