Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do You Wear Contacts?

Originally posted by somebitch

umm, why dont you get some normal contacts? no one uses those anymore.

I've had the same contact (just one, I'm blind in one eye) for years now. If I keep hydrated, it's not a problem at all -- they don't bother me constantly like they do some people, and I like not having to worry about buying new ones.

Besides, it sounds like plenty of people have problems with dry contacts, regardless of the type.

I used to be able to wear my contacts for like 2-3 weeks without taking them out (which is bad, I know, but college dorm days sometimes get rough) and they were fine but recently they've been drying out like crazy.. and the weird thing is that I take them out every day now.. I dunno.. sux.. I need some drops.. I dunno what kind to buy though.

..i wear my ralph lauren glasses...

here's a little story..when i was 12 years old i contracted herpes in my left eye...they say i contracted it by touching say a sore on my lip and then touching my eye..very rare...it was a hellish experience...for a month i went through different doctors and treatments...ultimately the virus left a scar on my cornea in the form of a cloud...i could not see clearly out of that eye...i was forced to have a corneal transplant...i wore a patch for two weeks and put four drops into each eye three times a day...funnest part may have been getting the stitches out...i now have two holes above my pupil as a safety measure had my body rejected the cornea...

ultimately, i can not wear contact lenses and have such poor vision in my left eye that without glasses, i would be considered legally blind in that eye...

the future is lasix..but not for another year or two...they say they can probably correct that eye even further than glasses can...we'll see...

Originally posted by phatman

here's a little story..when i was 12 years old i contracted herpes in my left eye...

<snip>

the future is lasix..but not for another year or two...they say they can probably correct that eye even further than glasses can...we'll see...

Damn... that sucks. Consider yourself lucky, though -- my scarring (from toxoplasmosis) is on the retina... currently untreatable... :\

Reading this thread is making my eye feel dry!

*puts drops in eye*

i don't believe in lasix...ive heard stats that say it only works 30% of the time...my aunt and my cousin have had to get it done 2x each...

i wear contacts...they dry out if i sleep in them, i keep those teardrops handy though, they help a bit...i really don't care though, a lot of the times i wear my glasses b/c contacts are a pain in the ass to take care of.

ps: for people who do wear contacts, does anyone use Allergan??? They have a white saline bottle with a green cap...i can't find their shit anywhere anymore!!! did they discontinue? it was for sensitive eyes...now im forced to use bausch and lomb :(

Originally posted by lillizzy

i don't believe in lasix...ive heard stats that say it only works 30% of the time...my aunt and my cousin have had to get it done 2x each...

My Mom just had it done a few months ago and absolutely loves it... The guy I'm dating had it done when he was abt 19, 8 yrs ago, I don't think he had to have it done more than once. With my Mom's dr at least, any time she needs a "touch up" all she has to pay for is the materials that will be used in the procedure.

do not sleep with your contacts. I used to all the time and i got an ulcer (in my left eye!) it hurts like a mofo (feels like there is a splinter in your eye! :eek: ) couldnt wear contacts for over a month after that, and even then, i had to wear them only part time - working from one day a week for 6 hours to presently 3 to 4 days week for 10-14 hours (and switched to one a day disposables) trust me, take care of your eyes and contacts now.