Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anybody got good job interview advice?

malanee

I've been on both sides many times. Here are some Shady tips:

1) Don't talk money until the end - unless compensation is set for the position, don't negotiate until the interviewer knows what you're all about. If they're impressed, you can probably squeeze an extra few grand out of them.

2) Close the interviewer - I've interviewed so many fuckheads who don't close me. They just leave the interview dangling. Make sure to ask questions like "Based on what you've heard today, do you think I'd be a good addition to your team/group/whatever". Or "How many candidates are you interviewing for this position. How many have you already interviewed and where do you think I rank amongst them". Or at the very least "What are the next steps". Too many people are too scared to ask questions that will result in the other person talking about them. So they skirt around. I hate when people do that. It shows a lack of self-confidence and I usually throw those applications away after the interview.

3) Don't be timid, don't be cocky. Be fun, but with some class. Usually, if the other person doesn't at least make me crack a smile, they're done. On the other hand, if the other person is a complete jokester, then they're done too. Gotta be professional but fun to work with.

4) When they ask if you have any questions at the end, always ask a few. That shows the interviewer that you're genuinely interested in the position. People who have no questions tell me they don't give a shit. That they're just looking for a job, but not the job I'm offering.

Originally posted by djbuster

wear a short skirt, a low-cut top and your orange dreads.

say the word "like" at least three times a sentance, and be sure to giggle alot.

:D

don't wear panties and make sure to uncross your legs often.

Guest jroo

i can offer you simple advice. eat lightly before you go, dont want any tummy rumblings, dont carry anything in with you but maybe a small planner. no cell phone. go to the bathroom before you go in. find the place early before you're supposed to be there. dont take the stairs at all, be nice and cool , calm and collective before the interview starts. most importantly be yourself. dont compromize yourself just for a job. also, look up the company on the web before hand, get to know everything about them. and deffinately ask questions afterwards.

According to mommy, the HR professional :tongue: :

Do a little research into the company or, in this case, the court system and/or department you're interviewing for, and have some particular reasons ready why you want to work there over say, the Michigan court system. Have things ready like - there's a renowned professional that you'd be working under, your past experience in DC relates to the new job because...., yada yada... so you'll look like you're really interested in that job in particular, rather than just any job :)

Couple more things to add, if they offer you a soda, water, or coffee, turn it down. In most cases, they are just being polite, but really don't want to be bothered getting shit for you.

Don't get there too early, but don't be late. If you get there too early, it looks like you have nothing better to do. Plus if the receptionist calls the interviewer early, he'll feel rushed to get out of his current meeting. If you get to the building too early, just tool around downstairs and then go up at exactly your appointment time.

Oh, this is a big one even though it may seem minor. Don't sit down until the interviewer tells you and points you to where he wants you to sit. a) it's a polite gesture, and B) the interviewer may want you across from him at the table, next to him, on the couch, who knows. In any case, it's his home turf.

And if all else fails, blowjobs are a surefire way of getting hired. :D