Clubplanet Nightlife Community

friends

I have one girlfriend who I just refuse to go out to a club with any more. She always gets so drunk, it's embarrassing & honestly my days of babysitting are over! We're too old to be so irresponsible!

I also have another friend who I hate going out w/cause he has a tendancy to go down a lot. Again, aren't we old enough to know when enough is enough???

My old friends are still my friends, but my NYC/Shore friends are a different crew. I kinda like it because someone always do something, be it go out to a bar, or watch a game, or even just doing coffee..... Sometimes the people switch gears and go the opposite direction, so it makes for a fun night out...

Originally posted by jrzygrl

I have one girlfriend who I just refuse to go out to a club with any more. She always gets so drunk, it's embarrassing & honestly my days of babysitting are over! We're too old to be so irresponsible!

I also have another friend who I hate going out w/cause he has a tendancy to go down a lot. Again, aren't we old enough to know when enough is enough???

Can I get the #to your drunken g/f?

When I was into the scene really hard core some of my friends distanced themselves from me because they were not into it and all that came with it. I mean we were still friends, but did not see each other all that much. I met a lot of new people, but still still kept relationships with the old group. Now that I am close with both groups and do different thing - I go to bars a lot more now and I find that everyone else does too. I guess it is a part of growing older...

I know exactly what you mean...I think everyone distances themselves from friends that have chosen a different path, regardless of what it may be. What honestly brings a majority of people together is interest in the same types of things...music, hobbies, whatever. I have friends that I have distanced myself from that are into things that I dont do. Its just a part of life. Its not that I dont consider them " friends", because I do, I just wouldnt chose their lifestyles for myself, thats all;)

i guess im not the only one. Howeverfor me and a friend of mine it was different. IT has over the last 2 yrs for him gotten to the point i am the only one that we kinda grew up with that speaks to him. Now for me its getting the same, get invited to the special occasions but most other things to them im son druggie. which pisses me off because these assholes sit around at parties and smoke mad weed. But me dropping a bomb or doing some bumps is like im a frigggin heroin addict.

the shitty part is i am in one of these losers weddings next weekend and got to spend like 300 bucks or so and i dont even talk to them really yet im IN the fuckin thing. Not to mention how friggin rude of it are they to plan a wedding the same night denny is spinning at deko. Well i am checking out early and going to deko f them. If i had no class id bounce on the whole friggin wedding.

Look at your close friendships/relationships and ask yourself if your hanging in because of the history or because there's a future in it.

The smallest tokens of our past can bring us a sense of security and joy. Your old high school football jersey, the scent your great grandmother used to wear still embued in a knit blanket, pictures of your crew when you were all 8 years old. These can be shared with your family and friends in the future and appreciated.

Sometimes there isn't very much that can be moved forward. That's when you look at it and say, it's just history.

And you know it's time to move on.

i know what your sayin about this. im not going to go into personal details, but sometimes people get to the point that they don't want to be around it anymore. some people just want to get on w/ their lives and can have fun w/out doing that shyt. and its hard to stay there and watch someone do these things especially if they are getting too involved. its just a tough situation and bottom line is you have to do what makes you comfortable whether you have to diss your freinds or not. i dont know, its hard to decide wat to do sometimes. just my 2 cents.

;)

Originally posted by drama

When I was into the scene really hard core some of my friends distanced themselves from me because they were not into it and all that came with it. I mean we were still friends, but did not see each other all that much. I met a lot of new people, but still still kept relationships with the old group. Now that I am close with both groups and do different thing - I go to bars a lot more now and I find that everyone else does too. I guess it is a part of growing older...

You are such a smartie pants...lol I think sometimes with people you have been friends with for a long time, sometimes you need space from them to realize how much you enjoy them and their company.... Eventually, we all grow up and comes to terms with ourselve, it just takes others longer is all....lol

Originally posted by pandora1305

Look at your close friendships/relationships and ask yourself if your hanging in because of the history or because there's a future in it.

The smallest tokens of our past can bring us a sense of security and joy. Your old high school football jersey, the scent your great grandmother used to wear still embued in a knit blanket, pictures of your crew when you were all 8 years old. These can be shared with your family and friends in the future and appreciated.

Sometimes there isn't very much that can be moved forward. That's when you look at it and say, it's just history.

And you know it's time to move on.

preach it again sister