Clubplanet Nightlife Community

When did you go back out

Reeni

being that this is clubplanet when did you find yourself back in the scene.

September 10 i was drunk off my ass in a club not knowing or having a care in the world and then September 11 happen and everything change i work in the city at night and what was the city that never sleep was sleeping i hated staying home the news coverage praying to hope they find a survivor or just being panicy i went to a bar probably two weeks later but it wasnt the same. people who were once there to hang out are now just there no one was quite sure what to do .what is the correct edictict should we be here. should we talk about what happen . when did you go back out was it a club/bar what was the vibe?

I am not a New Yorker by birth and after 9/11 last year I was frightened! It took a while to feel comfortable being out in the evenings in the city. I would have to say sometime in mid-Oct when I returned to our building downtown for the 1st time, I began to feel a sense of security again and could sit back and have a good time again.

However my pre 9/11 party habits have gone away!!!!

I VERY MUCH remember the 1st time i went back out clubbing and/or to nyc...it was in mid October 2001 for Jeff Mills at Limelight.

Fuckin...it was VERY surreal being in the city that i had seen so much damn tv coverage of...and fuckin...the anthrax shit was really getting lots of news and shit...but still i went cause i wanted to get out and also..my cousin i hadn't seen in a while but yet spoke to on the day of the tragedies and i wanted to see him close for jeff mills so i finally ran into him at the club and we both gave one another prolly the hugest hug ever...just for the sake of knowing one another is ok cause he lives in the city.

Very weird night it was....was kinda hard to have fun...but few weeks later at Exit none the less...i felt more relaxed....but it was because i was surrounded by great people.

the weekend after i returned to boston for the Memorial Services for the girl i knew on one of the planes. She and her bf were on their way to Hawaii for a 2 week vacation.

I went out wiht friends that Saturday night in boston , it was def a mistake -- i ended up breaking down in the club and crying. I called my bf (at the time) after the club, and he told me had just volunteered to go to Afghanistan for work (he works in tv) and i def fuckin' lost it then. my friends had an afterhours party, and some fuckin loser random started talking ot me as i sat there kinda dazed, telling me that he thinks the media blew theh whole thing up and thath it wasn't as big! i was about to punch him in the face :mad: i started yelling at him and my friends kicked him out.

the next weekend was my bday and my alot of my friends from boston backed out (to come down to nyc) i still went out with some friends and had a good time. but it was way too soon to go out the week before.

after not really sleeping and doing volunteer work in and around ground zero, i went out to the fireman's benefit at tronic that maudy posted about.

i have never been so exhausted and carried on a wave of emotion. i can't describe what happened there that night except to say that for those that might think it was inappropriate, you should have seen the relief and release of tension from the bodies of people who had been working at the crash site non stop for 2 - 3 days.

i believe that this was the very first benefit after 9/11. and unlike others that occured later, it was too soon for people to talk about it. instead, people just celebrated each other, life, music, etc. it was an incredible night.

I hadn't been out in years before 9/11 happened. So I guess I started going out again at the CP America meetup. 9/11 cemented in my mind that life is too short not to enjoy every minute of it, and not to deny myself what I have wanted to do.

Thanks and luv to Kitty, Tasty, Spragga, Gabo, JonStephen, Hacker, Chula, ReginaP, and everyone else I met that was so kind and made me feel so welcome, at America and at Float. Especially as I was venturing all the way "up to the City" ALONE. You guys are great, and I had more fun with you than I have had in the entire year (almost) since!!!

Just wanted y'all to know I still think about you, and am glad I got to meet you. Maybe I'll make it up to the "big City" again sometime. Til then, I will enjoy my wannabe status and live vicariously through your posts!

And if anyone anticipates coming down to America's Playground, feel free to give me a shout.

Blessings to all- those who have lost, those who were lost, and those who are remembering.

Wannabe

my first night out was Derrick Carter/DJ Dan at centro fly...like a month and a half later...in October....didn't realize how much I needed it...but the music and dancing helped the healing....it was a must to take a step back though...felt like all this shit was insignificant for a hot minute..and it really was....