Clubplanet Nightlife Community

does anyone else remember owning a black and white tv?

Guest jroo

Guest jroo

i mean, fuck, im only 24, only been for a few months, but damn, i can hardly remember that shit. what are some other ancient things that you guys remember that arent around anymore?

Atari - Colecovision

Those red rubber balls with the plastic rimms that were like pogo sticks..... maybe some of you remember

The REALLY large inflatable balloons that were impossible to break and you could bounce on

plastic guns that sparked when you pulled the trigger

...... I can keep going.....

Originally posted by sauvee88

Those red rubber balls with the plastic rimms that were like pogo sticks..... maybe some of you remember

"pogo-ball." i can sing you the commercial jingle if you like :D . shit, peoples, some of these things are still around, and some always will; the hula hoop is a classic :aright: .

my stepfather is very resistant to both technological advances and just change in general, so that side of my fam was always behind the times. we didn't have a color tv till very late. my brother and i watched "friday night videos" on the black and white at my mom's house and at my dad's we watched mtv in color on the big-screen tv :aright: , during the same time period. we didn't have a buzzer for our apartment; people had to call us from the corner pay phone and we'd drop them keys from the fire escape - all 'cause my stepdad didn't want a buzzer in case "kids would buzz it and run away" :rolleyes: . we eventually had to get a buzzer 'cause the building installed one central one for everyone. my stepdad tried to get us removed, but my mom finally put her foot down. my mom/stepdad just got cable this year, and that's just 'cause they had to to get reception at all. of course they don't have call waiting, and they still use rotary phones :eek: .

Quality Saturday Morning cartoons. It doesn;t seem like there are any quality cartoons on anymore! Whatever happened to the Saturday Supercade? The Kids Super Power Hour with Shazaam? Spider Man and his Amazing Friends? The original Transformers and GI Joe shows?

And what do they have now...? Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh? Kiss my ass! Get some real cartoons dammit!

Originally posted by sauvee88

Damn.... I got through one of those tins in like 2 months STILL!!!! LOVE Strawberry Quik!!!!

Gobots???

gobots - hell yeah.

transformers too.

i had tons of gi joes...my most prized was the hovercraft...aahhh

matchbox cars?

what about the little slot cars that ran on a track? one kind even ran up the side of a wall?

the a-team and knight rider.

anyone ever play a game called crossbows and catapults? that game kicked ass.

Originally posted by djbuster

rotary phones.

did you ever have a touch-tone phone that didn't beep - it clicked like a rotary phone?

there's a switch on phones that lets you choose between "tone" and "pulse." look at your phone, my good man, and you should find said switch. switch it to "pulse," then dial a number. it will click instead of beep :D .

and do not fear, cats and kittens! strawberry milk is still around!

http://www.nestle-nesquik.com/nesquick_chocolate_milk.htm

and i LOVED crossbows and catapults! a game where our parents let us make a mess :aright: !