Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Some Assembly Require

I bought this pot holder thingee to go over the stove from crateandbarrel.com the other day. When reading the information on their website, it state that there was some assembly required. Well the box arrived today and this thingee has about 2,500 parts to it......

Some assembly required my ass!!!!!:mad:

Anyone handy with tools? I will provide the beer.....:beer:

...aha...worse than that is when the box says one person can assemble...and four of you cant figure that shit out...this is esp. predominant in furniture in a box...

connect A to B with the dowels provided while performing a handstand...and dont forget to use that special allen wrench we included in the box that was made for someone with hands the size of a newborn...good luck...

Originally posted by stacychase

I bought this pot holder thingee to go over the stove from crateandbarrel.com the other day. When reading the information on their website, it state that there was some assembly required. Well the box arrived today and this thingee has about 2,500 parts to it......

Why don't you just drink all the beer until the pot holder looks assembled?

Originally posted by phatman

...aha...worse than that is when the box says one person can assemble...and four of you cant figure that shit out...this is esp. predominant in furniture in a box...

connect A to B with the dowels provided while performing a handstand...and dont forget to use that special allen wrench we included in the box that was made for someone with hands the size of a newborn...good luck...

newton's 4th law:

the amount of time needed to build a piece of ikea furniture increases proportionately with the number of people attempting to build said piece together.

Originally posted by barvybe

this is how i usually assemble stuff:

give the cat the instructions

open beer and drink while watching her put the stuff together

i swear that if you drink enough it'll work

your kitty's pretty damn smart

ahhhh You now live in Westchester, you should come over and cook me a fabulous meal and put it together for me... I will supply the beer, food and the gadget that needs put together. :D

Originally posted by stacychase

just as a quick suggestion (i speak from experience):

provide the beer only AFTER the furniture is assembled. ;)