Clubplanet Nightlife Community

*oakie @ Exit 4 Nye???*

I read an article in the post yesterday about all these big new clubs opening. They were talking about Exit & they mentioned how they've already booked Paul Oakenfeld (yes, they even spelled his name wrong) for their NYE bash? Is he still coming to NYC for his usual Thanksgiving Eve? I tried to look on his website but there is no info available yet for nov/dec tours....

Oakenfold is a crook. He forces these clubs to pay him this crazy amount of money, so we consumers have to pay 50 to 60 dollars to see him. You know what, you go pay 50 to 60 dollars. Plus, he only djs 2 hours. My friend heard him at Exit in July and he was only on for 2 hours and he paid 50 bucks. The problem with Oakenfold, there are so many great DJs that are just as good as him. Scott Bond, Arman Van Buuren, Cosmic Gate, Scot Project, Marco V, Edgar V,

Originally posted by petergatien56

Oakenfold is a crook. He forces these clubs to pay him this crazy amount of money, so we consumers have to pay 50 to 60 dollars to see him. You know what, you go pay 50 to 60 dollars. Plus, he only djs 2 hours. My friend heard him at Exit in July and he was only on for 2 hours and he paid 50 bucks.

thats nonsence... he doest force ANYONE to pay that much.. he is a dj of that caliber where his management can charge however much they charge.. the club doenst ahve to book him, they want to. and the reason its so much at exit when oakie is there is cuz its EXIT. all in all. he's not a crook, he's of such high caliber and thats how it works... if u dont want to pay then dont, hence your not being FORCED

Originally posted by wishlist

thats nonsence... he doest force ANYONE to pay that much.. he is a dj of that caliber where his management can charge however much they charge.. the club doenst ahve to book him, they want to. and the reason its so much at exit when oakie is there is cuz its EXIT. all in all. he's not a crook, he's of such high caliber and thats how it works... if u dont want to pay then dont, hence your not being FORCED

Don't kid yourself. Oakenfold is widely known as one of the most expensive DJs in the business. Worth the money? Nope, because he charges in the area of at least $10,000-20,000 to play all of two hours of half-way decent music.

You'll want to see his DJ fees for the past few years, then tell me how "it's cuz it's Exit".

wishlist, Oakenfold is a crook. Why does he ask for 80,000 dollars to DJ for 2 hours. Exit is the biggest idiots for paying him this. All I got to say is, only a fool would pay 60 dollars to hear him for 2 hours. My friend heard Cosmic Gate at Glow for 20 dollars and he said, they were so much better then Oakenfold.

Originally posted by xpander

Don't kid yourself. Oakenfold is widely known as one of the most expensive DJs in the business. Worth the money? Nope, because he charges in the area of at least $10,000-20,000 to play all of two hours of half-way decent music.

You'll want to see his DJ fees for the past few years, then tell me how "it's cuz it's Exit".

correction: $10,000 to $20,000 an hour (he charged $25k/hour at the world last year)

wishlist, Oakenfold is a crook. Why does he ask for 80,000 dollars to DJ for 2 hours. Exit is the biggest idiots for paying him this. All I got to say is, only a fool would pay 60 dollars to hear him for 2 hours. My friend heard Cosmic Gate at Glow for 20 dollars and he said, they were so much better then Oakenfold.

Where do you people get these figures from???? $80,000 for a night?????? I have a friend who promotes for Exit. By no means would I say that this kid is all-knowing...but when I asked him about figures that high he just laughed at me. It really does sound rediculous when you think about it. That would make some of these guys extreme millionares so many times over. Some may be, but I highly doubt that they're pulling in 80 grand for a 2 hour set at Exit. That would mean that they're making around $40,000 an hour and would make them some of the biggest entertainment earners in the world, which they are not.

When u have people who will pay $50 or $60 to hear him spin, of course he is going to charge outlandish sums.

Oakie was good about 4 or 5 years ago i reckon he is only going through the motions now, but he has been in the game a long time now so mayby he is getting his retirement money together?

for one... i agree with some of you about PO falling off lately. like last year i saw him at the hammerstien on thanksgvingin eve, i loved it. but that night seb fontaine rocked it.. not so much him... but anyways... its not $80k.. LMAO. no none gets that much.. not even close.. its around 10k - 20k ... and how is exit an idiot if they make soo much profit off these kinda nights.? i still dont understand how PO is a crook.... by wat means? he does charge lots for his shows.. but in return the clubs make LOTS of money... so he makes money and so does the club... wats wrong wit that.. and odvously poeple still love him, if he can still charge that much and his followers are paying the supposed $60 u mentioned. lol

Originally posted by wishlist

for one... i agree with some of you about PO falling off lately. like last year i saw him at the hammerstien on thanksgvingin eve, i loved it. but that night seb fontaine rocked it.. not so much him... but anyways... its not $80k.. LMAO. no none gets that much.. not even close.. its around 10k - 20k ... and how is exit an idiot if they make soo much profit off these kinda nights.? i still dont understand how PO is a crook.... by wat means? he does charge lots for his shows.. but in return the clubs make LOTS of money... so he makes money and so does the club... wats wrong wit that.. and odvously poeple still love him, if he can still charge that much and his followers are paying the supposed $60 u mentioned. lol

OK.. Here are real figures, TRUST ME!

oakenfold first appearance with guarantee of more bookings:

$80,000

second appearance and on: $65,000.00 YES ITS TRUE!

Tenaglia's crew gets around $20 - $45,000 outside of Vinyl/Arc

cosmic gate gets around $8500.00 after all expenses

:-)

need to know anymore?

LuV

RaZ

Oakenfold is a crook. He forces these clubs to pay him this crazy amount of money, so we consumers have to pay 50 to 60 dollars to see him. You know what, you go pay 50 to 60 dollars. Plus, he only djs 2 hours. My friend heard him at Exit in July and he was only on for 2 hours and he paid 50 bucks. The problem with Oakenfold, there are so many great DJs that are just as good as him. Scott Bond, Arman Van Buuren, Cosmic Gate, Scot Project, Marco V, Edgar V,

Hey Pete Oakey is no crook, You paid 50-$60 @ EXIT casue the owner is the one who made that price. Is aw oakey everytime he was down here and I only paid $33, I totaly agree EXIt is a wack place cause of all this stuff thats goin on. But Paul doesnt charge people at the door at his price. Its always the club, not the DJ,

The owner of exit isnt a crook hes a very very very good business man... no matter how much you bitch and moan people will come back to exit, people will pay the door cover, people will groan about how hes such a crook... but buttom line hes the one stuffing ur money in his back pocket so my hat goes off the mr. Maravesi (Spelling?) because he successfully plays NYC like a harp... i dont mean this to be demeaning but if you dont like it, you dont go... someone will happily take over the 1x1' dancing space that could have been yours. And the loss he incurs from you not paying 50$ is QUICKLY overshadowed by the other 7000 patrons (Tiesto 2nd time around) that WILL pay his cover charge.

you only paid 33 bucks to see oakie because he was holding the event. he gets the proceeds from the door and the consessions after all is paid. at exit or any other club hes being hired. its not his own show. that is why Oakie should do thanksgiving at hammerstein. so i can pay 33 beans for more than 2 hrs of fun. and last year jan johnston guest appearance @ hammerstein. got to speak with her. shes nice.