Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NotreDame gonna be nat'l champs

pipdaddy

naw. i am bitter over last week :( although i hate to admit this, Miami has shown so far that they are the best team out there.

but i am happy that they hvae that coach from Stanford. that was the best possible move that could have made! :D especially with that bumble with the other coach from Ga Tech (names are escaping me right now)

that woulda been george o'leary if i recall...hahaha. what a dumb fuck he was. willingham is the faaaaawking man.

i got a little nervous there towards the end when the usual powerful defense let up that td.....charlie rogers is a playa. but alas, the irish pulled it out. to be honest with you, miami hasnt really shown me much.....:rolleyes: i hate to say it, but it doesnt look like ANYONE in the country can beat them

miami hasn't shown much? they just destroyed florida...in the swamp. but hey...that's nothing right? guess u have to win by 80 pts a game to shut ppl up.

until miami loses...they're still #1 and the team to beat. when it comes down to crunchtime...there is no better team.

who has ND beaten? maryland? HA! michigan, which only scored like 10 pts against UTAH? michigan state? purdue in which i don't think ND even scored an offensive td? give me a break. play someone real then come talk. we'll see how they do when they go up to florida state.

Originally posted by phrankadelic

miami hasn't shown much? they just destroyed florida...in the swamp. but hey...that's nothing right? guess u have to win by 80 pts a game to shut ppl up.

until miami loses...they're still #1 and the team to beat. when it comes down to crunchtime...there is no better team.

who has ND beaten? maryland? HA! michigan, which only scored like 10 pts against UTAH? michigan state? purdue in which i don't think ND even scored an offensive td? give me a break. play someone real then come talk. we'll see how they do when they go up to florida state.

um the swamp is one of hte toughest placest to play (voted by opposing teams) . its also THe loudest stadium. (and yes the tested the sound levels in there, The big House, The Coliseum and at ol Rocky Top) the sound funnels in, and teams like FSU and Tennessee usually have to revamp their signals and communications between onfield and sidelines bc they cant hear and get theh plays mixed up.

and ihope Miami whoops the 'Noles this year!

shiit, how come the irish are in the big east in basketball but still remain as an "independent" in football?

they could just schedule their yearly game with michigan as a non conference game and the one with usc also. then they would play miami each year.

Originally posted by vicman

shiit, how come the irish are in the big east in basketball but still remain as an "independent" in football?

they could just schedule their yearly game with michigan as a non conference game and the one with usc also. then they would play miami each year.

if i recall correctly, notre dame is in the big east with every other sport EXCEPT FOOTBALL . when they signed on with the conference, that was the arrangement. this was when Holtz was still there and they just signed the tv contract with NBC (the only college football team to have an exclusive football deal) and they were still conisistently ranked top 10. They still believed that they didnt need to be an independent. Obviously times have changed.

if i remember they signed iwth the big east to tap into the east coast recruiting pools.

There has been talks for years about Notre Dame joinng the Big 10. (probalby the most logical). who knows though... ive heard this eevne before Penn state joined the Big 10. but i doint know if either the Big 10 or the Big East would like Notre dame splitting time.

oh yaeh.. and if again if i am not mistaken.... i beileve that Notre dame has a clause with the BCS. as long as they have awinning season (6-5, etc) they can qualify for one of the top tier bowl games as an open bid athe bowl's discretion. if they were to join a conference i am sure this clause will disappear. No other school (independent or conference) has anything like that.. going to a top tier bowl is a guarenteed couple million $$! (win or lose)

As much as I love my Irish, the National Championship is not even in the picture. I will be happy with a BCS bowl bid/. All they have to do is win three more games (they need 7 wins to get a BCS bid and only 6 wins to get a top non-BCS bowl bid). As far as their schedule Michigan, Michigan St, and Purdue where all ranked in the top 25 at the beginning of the season. So they are 3-0 against top 25 teams. For the National Championship it's Miami, they look unstopable. I don't see any team out there capable of beating them, but then again you never know. Any team can win on any given Sunday.

Originally posted by nabuc1

As much as I love my Irish, the National Championship is not even in the picture. I will be happy with a BCS bowl bid/. All they have to do is win three more games (they need 7 wins to get a BCS bid and only 6 wins to get a top non-BCS bowl bid). As far as their schedule Michigan, Michigan St, and Purdue where all ranked in the top 25 at the beginning of the season. So they are 3-0 against top 25 teams. For the National Championship it's Miami, they look unstopable. I don't see any team out there capable of beating them, but then again you never know. Any team can win on any given Sunday.

uh... dont you mean Saturday? :D

#1 i was being facetious when i posted about notredame winning the nat'l championship.

#2 granted miami is #1 and doesnt look to be beat at all this year, i still think their team from last year was better and do think they will eventually be beaten this year

#3 notredame would be FOOLISH to let their football team join ANY conference. its all about the $$$$$ and the tradition. so stop bitching about them being big east in other sports.

#4 they def. arent playing a weak schedule this year either. its very possible for them to be 7-0 going into the fsu game. if they can win that one, who knows....

oh yeah, and change your avatar. there is only room for one evil calvin face around here :finger: