Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Evolution of CP

marcid21

Out with the old? In with the new?

Has our generation retired already?!?!?!!??!!?

As of late...I've been noticing that our *community* is no longer a community...but more like a generation of club goers transformed into a pack of withdrawn hermits who migrate to venues like SF and Club Abyss for their dose of electronica to keep them sane.

Can someone please give me a clue???

As I look around now...I'm surrounded by whiny bitches complaining about the cost of going out, or the predicted dissapointing outcome of any single event/s...Or better yet...surrounded by new blood who has less of a clue than myself.

Is this it guys? Have we seen our day....dug our graves? :blank:

I have been on CP close to 2 years. This evolution continues to happen as new people join this site and others leave. You either roll with it or find somewhere else to post and have fun.

I left for a while, however CP was my 1st site to post to so I return and than I will fade out only to return again.....

However I do not believe that the scene has died or that things have come to an end. It is a necessary change that keeps happening and CHANGE IS GOOD!

KEEP PARTYING!!!!:party:

I would consider myself to be an elder statesman of CP and the board has gone through a lot of changes and people do migrate to other boards. It's just the way it works. People form friendships and those people form other boards. I've posted on some of the others but I always find myself back here. I've also been a bit of a hermit lately but that's going to change come fall and winter, love willing. CP has been a starting point for tons of other boards and trust me, tons of those people who used to post here still read these boards all the time. I love going back into the archives esp. around the January-April 2000 era. The memories are wonderful and seeing names that I haven't seen in years gives me chills. I should probably get out more often!

Well the fall has begun and the new club season approaches. I have also frequented CP for a good number of years leading up working here the past 12 months. Don't give up hope people. Yes yes so the day that SF was only $10 to get into from 1-4 am is over. But fret not. There is hope for our clubs. You just gotta know where to look. We try our best about letting you all know about events and hooking you up with discounted if not free admissions. So that the "whining" doesn't get too loud. If you can afford to go out 3 nights a week or even one night. It really doesn't matter as long as you had a good time with good people. Some of the best nights in the town are on Sundays free of charge at places like Pangaea, Novacento, Cheetah, Le Souk, etc...

I have hope....I just wish people would dress up again. Said it before and I'll say it again... What happened to the fun outfits? I miss Wings and war paint :D

Originally posted by marcid21

Out with the old? In with the new?

Has our generation retired already?!?!?!!??!!?

As of late...I've been noticing that our *community* is no longer a community...but more like a generation of club goers transformed into a pack of withdrawn hermits who migrate to venues like SF and Club Abyss for their dose of electronica to keep them sane.

Can someone please give me a clue???

As I look around now...I'm surrounded by whiny bitches complaining about the cost of going out, or the predicted dissapointing outcome of any single event/s...Or better yet...surrounded by new blood who has less of a clue than myself.

Is this it guys? Have we seen our day....dug our graves? :blank:

I hear you! It has its high's and lows.

fuck evolution... we need a revolution... evolving carries a positive connotation, as all i see is a group of individuals dying from a self proclaimed prophecy... if you think its sucks it will, and if you surround yourself with negativity thats all youll see... make the best of what you have, its never the venue, its never the music, its never the night... its all YOU... you make the night you make the venue and you make the music... so lets make something out of tonight!!!

Originally posted by dgmodel

fuck evolution... we need a revolution... evolving carries a positive connotation, as all i see is a group of individuals dying from a self proclaimed prophecy... if you think its sucks it will, and if you surround yourself with negativity thats all youll see... make the best of what you have, its never the venue, its never the music, its never the night... its all YOU... you make the night you make the venue and you make the music... so lets make something out of tonight!!!

dgmodel luther king, jr!

I have a dream that one day clubplanet will rise up and live out the true meaning of clubbing: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all clubs are created equal." I have a dream that one day on the streets of manhattan the sons of former clubbers and the sons of former barhoppers will be able to sit down together at a venue of brotherhood. I have a dream that one day even the state of New York, an empire state, sweltering with the heat of guidos and mainstream papparazzi, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom. I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the namebrands of their clothing but by the content of their character. I have a dream today...

I have a dream that one day clubplanet will rise up and live out the true meaning of clubbing: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all clubs are created equal." I have a dream that one day on the streets of manhattan the sons of former clubbers and the sons of former barhoppers will be able to sit down together at a venue of brotherhood. I have a dream that one day even the state of New York, an empire state, sweltering with the heat of guidos and mainstream papparazzi, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom. I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the namebrands of their clothing but by the content of their character. I have a dream today...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dgmodel for president (or mod)!!!

Good ! But I doubt you will ever see that day. :(

:hat: :hat: :hat:

Originally posted by joeg

everyone is cool when we all go out and have fun... thats why cp has lasted...

CP has lasted...but some of us have fallen off the edge it seems...All of this drama slinging and insult throwing has gotten a bit too extreme. It seems as though some of us have forgotten the friends that we've made here...and are taking one another for granted.

Sooner or later a point in time will come, when we all will miss those valuable friendships....and wonder where they all went.

A lot of the times we underestimate the value of friendships...a sad, but true reality.

CP has lasted...but some of us have fallen off the edge it seems...All of this drama slinging and insult throwing has gotten a bit too extreme. It seems as though some of us have forgotten the friends that we've made here...and are taking one another for granted.

Sooner or later a point in time will come, when we all will miss those valuable friendships....and wonder where they all went.

A lot of the times we underestimate the value of friendships...a sad, but true reality.

. . . you're aiming too high . . :smoke: . . .

That's why it's good to separate friendships from "clubplanet" and from "the scene"...that way if one or both of them go, the friendship still remains. And that's more important than a msg board or the scene or the music...the people that you meet that outlast all those things.