Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Discoteque Sux

djfabioc

they're good on thursdays.......

the venue ain't bad...a lil fancy but at the hidden party they don't have any type of strict dress code, and they have great Dj's....as well as a good system, I don't know why you thought it sucked, it sounds good when I'm there.....

can't speak of Fri/Saturdays.....only been there on thursdays....but its a good party/venue

Originally posted by zz6

interseting, imho, 99.9% of the clubs in nyc are the same cheez bullshit indeed. shitty clubs, lousy sound, cheezy crowds, bullshit dj's. drugs, no wonder the club scene in nyc is almost finished

That's why we are all on this board.....

i don't know what this guy is talking about but the sound system was fine. you can't go to a club expecting the best night of your life. the crowd was great. everyone was dressed nice and there were no problems. the music couldn't of been better when robbie played after reina performed. if the club sux like you say it does then why did everyone from the grand opening come back. you shouldn't say a club sucks just because it isn't good enuff for you. you have a differnt taste in clubs thats all.

Z

Originally posted by velvetrope

i don't know what this guy is talking about but the sound system was fine. you can't go to a club expecting the best night of your life. the crowd was great. everyone was dressed nice and there were no problems. the music couldn't of been better when robbie played after reina performed. if the club sux like you say it does then why did everyone from the grand opening come back. you shouldn't say a club sucks just because it isn't good enuff for you. you have a differnt taste in clubs thats all.

Z

i usually keep out of stuff like this but.. why shouldn't someone go to a club with high expectations? (re: you cant go to a club expecting the best night of your life?" ) why not? i mean can you tell me that you have not had some of the best nights of your life in clubs?

and second... he is merely stating his opinion. 'TO EACH THEIR OWN. " I dont know either one of your personally.. but i would value his unbiased opinino more than yours. (bc of your affiliation/promotion of the friday night party). dont shoot him down just bc he shot down your party. two wrongs dont make a right.

Originally posted by nycchic24

i usually keep out of stuff like this but.. why shouldn't someone go to a club with high expectations? (re: you cant go to a club expecting the best night of your life?" ) why not? i mean can you tell me that you have not had some of the best nights of your life in clubs?

and second... he is merely stating his opinion. 'TO EACH THEIR OWN. " I dont know either one of your personally.. but i would value his unbiased opinino more than yours. (bc of your affiliation/promotion of the friday night party). dont shoot him down just bc he shot down your party. two wrongs dont make a right.

Agreed.

Originally posted by nycchic24

i am not shootin him down, i just don't think it is right to come out and say a club sucks just because he didn't have a good time there. come out and say you had a shitty night and didn't like the place but don't say it sucks just because he had a bad night there. i never go to a club expecting the time of my life. yes i have had great nights in exit, roxy, sound factory, cheetah and other clubs. but i also thinks half of them aren't as good as they used to be now. mainly cause i am older. i have differnt personal taste in clubs/lounges now. if i went to a club expecting to have the time of my life. then really i probally wouldn't. last time i did expect that was to see pvd at sound factory. line was an hour long. nobody could move in the place. and i probally lost about 5 pounds that one night with out any kind of drug use. music was great but i had a horrible time.

i went there on a thursday once and i liked it. but i didn't like the sound system. but i wouldn't say it's a bad place just because of the sound.

i think the party defines the quality of the space, not the place. i mean, look at exit - i hate it there with a passion but it really is a decent space (if you like big clubs)

Originally posted by velvetrope

i am not shootin him down, i just don't think it is right to come out and say a club sucks just because he didn't have a good time there. come out and say you had a shitty night and didn't like the place but don't say it sucks just because he had a bad night there. i never go to a club expecting the time of my life. yes i have had great nights in exit, roxy, sound factory, cheetah and other clubs. but i also thinks half of them aren't as good as they used to be now. mainly cause i am older. i have differnt personal taste in clubs/lounges now. if i went to a club expecting to have the time of my life. then really i probally wouldn't. last time i did expect that was to see pvd at sound factory. line was an hour long. nobody could move in the place. and i probally lost about 5 pounds that one night with out any kind of drug use. music was great but i had a horrible time.

talk about the glass being half empty! (i am just full of cliche's today! :laugh2:

but seriously, this is your party and your money.. understandable why you may be defensive. but good business is listening to the ppl's feedback (positive and negative) and trying to work with it it to make it a better Party ! :) otherwise chances it will end up being forgotten and replaced like so many others. hey just my $.24 ;)

(disclaimer: i am not a promtoer.. nor have i been to the new friday party, nor am i saying Friday nights discotheque is bad. hell i probaly would have checked it out myself if ididht have a wedding the next day)

Originally posted by sexxigirl

saturdays are pretty good, the music is off the hook:D

I'm sure pretty sure that the music is better on saturdays, i'm friends with Boris and i know his style...But still my 1st impression of that place was that., plus the bathrooms are way too small..

i had a good time on friday..thought the music was good. i can only compare it with a time that i was there in the summer on a saturday..and the crowd was just wierd and the music ok. also the place is too small just like everyone has said..i dont know why they dont just take out that hip hop area..i hate how sometimes you can hear the music from in there is your outside it.