Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If you want tech or techno at Space then...

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

let it be known...

LP does listen to us and maybe we can get some serious tech or techno, up in there.

I'm in....... not on fridays though...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by diegonyc

WHAT THE FUCK IS TECH U MUSIC GURU U????

This is so funny. All day you've been trying to get me into some sort of music format argument. Fact is tech and techno has no definitive meaning. Some call club music in general Techno, others don't, they break it down into house, progressive etc. The europeans use techno, not tech. I personaly group the two together. Techno=tech. The styles of techno or tech are very simular and i'm not one that is gonna argue over a minor difference that others see...

Tech house

techno

tech

etc.....

I don't loose sleep at night trying to group tracks into a format. I think the basis is always bpm, but 80% of all tracks could be grouped into one or more catagories. So jerk off, you look like a fool, all day you've been trying to some how show me up, with your music guru attitude. Fact is I hate house and trance the most. I'm not some tech guru and i've clearly stated that when i asked andrew who is a tech guru to post some djs to play space. I like tech, but the format sucks in your car or house, but in a club it rocks..

PS while you are figureing out which track belongs in which catagory, i'm dancing with some hot pigeon... i win you loose.

I think Saturdays are safe in the hands of Oscar on Saturdays. He's one of the best, and he does play some techno...Bailey, Beyer, Smith/Selway, Oliver Ho...Oscar throws it down! I love techno and would love to take the world over with it...but not at the expense of other great music. we CAN all get along.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by stryke303

well, everytime i've played @ space, i've played techno...and i play techno every friday at my ongaku night at red...techno does exist here, albeit in small amounts...i'm working on it ;)

stryke (substance/platform/ovum)

Well LP, here you go, a local Techno guy, lets do this, 4am main floor after oscar or roland. Pay him nothing and lets see how he does. I'd go........ if its good, you book him again and pay him this time...

YOU CAN'T LOOSE!!!!!!

ps i take 25% of all booking fees stryke..

Originally posted by saleen351

Well LP, here you go, a local Techno guy, lets do this, 4am main floor after oscar or roland. Pay him nothing and lets see how he does. I'd go........ if its good, you book him again and pay him this time...

YOU CAN'T LOOSE!!!!!!

ps i take 25% of all booking fees stryke..

lol...thanks....you may have to fight w/ my booking agency for the 25%! hehe. i've played for luis before, up to this past august...and they pay me! look at that! but, i'd love to be back soon :)

I think Saturdays are safe in the hands of Oscar on Saturdays. He's one of the best, and he does play some techno...Bailey, Beyer, Smith/Selway, Oliver Ho...Oscar throws it down!

Amen to that!! whatever Oscar throws down, he keeps them moving & keeps them focused @ll night...

In my opinion, he's the biggest piece of the pie when it comes down to the success of Space Saturdays...

Originally posted by vipnerd

Stryke:

Could you explain me the difference between techno and tech?

I seem to get everyday more confused on the terms.

Peace,

Vipnerd

thanks for all the kind words...the difference between techno and tech? hmmm...it's all a matter of opinion i guess. to me, there seem to be too many genres, too many boundaries. i would guess that techno is a bit harder than tech. tech stuff would probably be considered swayzak, mosaic records, stuff like that...techno is a bit faster and harder...jeff mills/adam beyer/ben sims...but at the end of the day...it's all techno to me!

Stryke:

Thanks Stryke. I heard you will be at Lola on Mondays for a new techno night. Are you a guest or a resident? You should be a resident at any club that really cares about music as their priority, not only dollars, 'cause in the long run talent will be recognized over $$$$ for promotion.

Peace,

Vipnerd

Originally posted by vipnerd

Stryke:

Thanks Stryke. I heard you will be at Lola on Mondays for a new techno night. Are you a guest or a resident? You should be a resident at any club that really cares about music as their priority, not only dollars, 'cause in the long run talent will be recognized over $$$$ for promotion.

Peace,

Vipnerd

thanks for the kind words! i will be a guest at lola next monday for their new techno night. my residency is my ongaku night at red on fridays. you should come by and check it out...small and intimate (www.signalcommunications.net/ongaku.htm) good to see techno rearing its head down here a little more...however, i hope it does so with some dignity and without ego or attitude. there's a ton of great music out there that isn't techno, and i pay respect to it all. granted, there is a lot of crap too! :) but i think techno can exist here as long as we don't try to be all hoity toity about it. i suppose i sound very rodney king about it all (can't we all just get along?!) but, so be it :) have a great nite!

paz,

stryke

Space Saturdays are fine the way they are.

Keep in mind that Space is open for 12+ hours. The mainroom opens @ 10pm till about 10am. The patio opens around 1-2am till 1-2pm. I think the Space Djs run each room to the fullest of its available capabilities. I've said it before- Programming is the key. There is nothing wrong with the way our residents do it. Each room is open 12 hours+, thats more milk from the cow than you can take down in a week's time.

You play too hard too long and you'll tire them. Play too soft too long & you'll bore them. It's knowing when to throw what & what compliments what, that is the key. The programming & music combo of Roland opening till 2am & Oscar peaking and following thru till the end, is the best Space can ask for. Oscar has gained the respect for carryin' that mainroom all the way thru the night. As a matter of fact, Oscar works that room in full better than 80% of the special guests that play there (I say 80%, but there is a possibility I believe its higher). In reference to the Mainroom, Oscar mixes it up just right.

We've given you special guests that play tech/techno all night & other Genres. That's enough proof to say that Space mixes it up as a whole. We don't just give you the same thing every week. As a matter of fact, in the past month & the next one coming we have a plethora of Guests. More guest appearences than our Residents. Some Tech, some Trance, some House, etc. Come & see those...

I've been thru a mess of combinations in terms of music & dj's @ Space. At last, I finally think we've got it right in that Mainroom. The results are there to show for proof. From the start of the night till the very end. This year has definately been a breakthrough year @ Space. We've gone from being known as an afterhours club to being an all-around club. Whether its before or after, you know at Space you are guarenteed a good time (of course opinions vary).

In my opinion Oscar & Roland do it better than any local.. Oscar will pound you with the tribal, please you with the prog, & tease you with the Techno. Roland will break you in with house & wisk you away with percussive proggressive...

If it aint broke, don't fix it...;)

Man, Im so glad about the Techno nights at Lola..and , Im still trying to go to th red night on fridays(haven't remebered)..

Miami definitely needs techno...The deep house is good for socializing, i like partying...Gimme some techno.

Peace.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by stryke303

if you need your techno...get your butts down to red on fridays for ongaku!!!! stop talkin...start dancin! lol

www.signalcommunications.net/ongaku.htm

ps, what the fuck does ongaku mean? Your PR or promotion team, may want to look into a new name for the party....

SEE YOU FRIDAY......

Originally posted by saleen351

ps, what the fuck does ongaku mean? Your PR or promotion team, may want to look into a new name for the party....

SEE YOU FRIDAY......

Ongaku is music for Japanese...Our "PR team" (IE the 3 people that put the party together), didn't just want to put some name that didn't mean anything. This term means something, and requires some work, research, and effort on the public's part. don't be so quick to judge our "stupid" name...it's simple, but effective, and i'm damn proud of it!

Peace,

Stryke