Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i think 75% of clubbers/promoter do not have a clue...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dshadow35

I am sorry to say that Trance is in its early stages here in NYC, but I am determined to make it as big as it possibly can. How can anyone say that Trance sucks. In my opinion they dont know anything about music and all they really care about is going to the club and getting f***ked up. For me when I hit the dancefloor and I hear any of those big guys step up to the plate, such as Armin, Tiesto and Ferry I get a rush of energy that flows through my body like no other. No drug in the world can give me the high that I get. Trance is consistently changing its sound but the States have no clue cause they never hear it. I love all electronic music in general so i have nothing to say about other genres, but there are a lot of bad tracks out there. I hear Danny Tenaglia drop some of the worst tracks i ever heard but somehow the people enjoy it since there are rolling there face off they dont know the difference. I am a DJ myself (DJ Moe D) and trust me I'll be bringing NYC the beautiful sounds of trance music to the club. So look out and you'll see my name in the near future. Laterzzz.

I could not have said it better myself.

Hmmmmm?

Why is Tiesto a mostly house DJ now?

Why is Danny Tenaglia THE MOST repsected DJ in the industry without a doubt?

Why is trance the only genre that is acceptable to bash?

BECAUSE TRANCE IS SIMPLE, EASY, BORING, AND HAS NO VIBE OR SOUL. MOST OF IT IS CHEESE THAT CAN BE MADE ON A HOME COMPUTER. Trance is for people that cant feel a beat or groove....it consists mostly of synths bells and whistles.

Trance had its day, but it is dying now.......I think WMC 2002 proved this.......MOST "trance" DJ's peaked their sets with house or breaks tracks.

Trance can be a part of the scene, but trying to get promoters to book more trance dj's would be like upgrading from a color to a black and white tv.

and BTW every genre of electronica gets bashed. I mean there are plenty of people that bash house and jungle. But Lets sya someone liek me I woudl not bash Hoouse because to me that si where it all started so i repsect it/ But right now i like Trance more.

And I like DT but i don't knwo about Most respected DJ in the industry ..it all depends on who you are talking to

On Tiesto : Read the front page of this website

CP: I’d say your style used to be more trancey, do you agree?

T: I think it’s more obvious that I’m breaking away from trance. I was playing a lot more ambient but now I have started a new beginning. I believe “Flight 643†was my breaking period for that, its not just trancy but is techy. There’s even a dub of it with Kosheen’s, “Hide U.â€

And as for DT, i am not talking about punters, I am talking about DJ's.....He is called "The Dj's DJ", he has stuck to his roots for over 20 years, and his party @ WMC is the only one ALL the DJ's go to and dance their asses off for 22 hours straight. Who is more respected?????? MAYBE Frankie Knuckles, but I dont think so, and Larry is Dead, so possibly Timmy Regisford....but I HIGHLY doubt it.

Face it.....trance wont die, i dont even want it to........but it was a phase......

Originally posted by buredf

why is it that the whole dance/club scene is so poor when compared to europe?

especially the NY scene. I have lived in NY all my life and I hate the fact that there is not one club/Dj who rocks trance on a weekly basis.

Miami is the closest thing i have seenhat the scene is like in sweden/england

trance is so huge worldwide. but trance is at most a guest DJ type thing in NY. whats the deal with that.

its like enough with all the dark progressive and tribal house that you hear everywhere.

other than arc, and centro the musc everywhere else is poor.

and whats the deal with KTU.. are they ever gonna get with the program and stop playing all this commercial cheese vocals.

to be honest im glad labels like Stricly are closing

in wmc this past yr people like mike mcdavid and george calle were made fools of by the people because they do not sign so much good stuff that

and i do not think its all due to poor management

If you like to hear TRANCE check out THE LATENIGHT LABORATORY

IN MIAMI, FLA EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT AT 2:00 - 3:00 A.M. WWW.PARTY931.COM

GO TO LISTEN AND CHECK OUT THE MIX. IT'S ALL THE LATEST

STUFF.

:dj:

why is it that the whole dance/club scene is so poor when compared to europe?

especially the NY scene. I have lived in NY all my life and I hate the fact that there is not one club/Dj who rocks trance on a weekly basis.

Miami is the closest thing i have seenhat the scene is like in sweden/england

trance is so huge worldwide. but trance is at most a guest DJ type thing in NY. whats the deal with that.

its like enough with all the dark progressive and tribal house that you hear everywhere.

other than arc, and centro the musc everywhere else is poor.

and whats the deal with KTU.. are they ever gonna get with the program and stop playing all this commercial cheese vocals.

to be honest im glad labels like Stricly are closing

in wmc this past yr people like mike mcdavid and george calle were made fools of by the people because they do not sign so much good stuff that

and i do not think its all due to poor management

If you like to hear TRANCE check out THE LATENIGHT LABORATORY

IN MIAMI, FLA EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT AT 2:00 - 3:00 A.M. WWW.PARTY931.COM

GO TO LISTEN AND CHECK OUT THE MIX. IT'S ALL THE LATEST

STUFF.

:dj:

. . I'm willing to put out there that you guys are completely wrong about this trance thing . . . I think New York is a little bit too grown up for it to catch on like house . . . Cuz remember, it is the quintessential introductory genre . . . I'm not saying that there's not good trance out there, I'm just saying that the world we live in now, combined with the economic conditions of NYC, lends itself much more nicely to a darker, harder, nastier sound . . .

. . . Techno anyone? . . . :aright: . . .

Originally posted by jjcbebe

I totaly agree with you.

i am a person that was originally brought up with House and hey I will never knock it. But I like Trance now. I love the way it makes me think and feel.

The diversity in the world is refreshing.

The U.S, well we started the whole thing. So kudos to us.

Europe is fantastic but NY and Miami can be great too. At least the DJ's come to spin here..things could be worse .

everyone, the media...etc is concentrating on the "Rave scence" and "E" which makes me feel sick..

And i am sure you guys know what i mean.. i mean we all know there is a lot more going on other than "E".. you know..what about the jars, and the hits... if you get my drift.

KTU is disgusting... They don't play house or Trance in the one of the best cities in the world. We have these great clubs and our radio stations SUCK.

Party 105 is a little more like it.

The knowledge in the United States SUCKS.. I mean i have friends who refer to house, trance, tribal, jungle... they refer to it as TECHNO.

That is like to late 80's and early 90's....

Well I am gettin sick with all these thoughts..

. . . please, for the love of christ, shut the fuck up . . . :aright: . . .

Originally posted by jjcbebe

seperation of the minds.

I love the fact that our music {trance/house} is not mainstream because i know that a lot of the people that liek it LOVE it.. and there are a lot of people like me that are extremely loyal.. I mean electronica is my life.. I refuse 2 listen to hip hop.

. . continue with non-sensical socio-economic hip-hop/'techno' rant or soemthing to that effect . .

. . . You're forgetting about 20 other genre's there sweetiepie . . :rolleyes: . . . Last time I checked there were more than just house/trance heads, and the fact that you CAN'T see that fact almost acknowledges to me that you're more part of the problem, then the solution . ..

does anyone fuckin get the reason i posted this shit.

its not just about trance.

its about the scene in general.

its a fact that there are very few parties left in nyc that arent about packing as many heads in the place and no vibe.

yo look at the tunnel in 97 - 98

u had music like got the groove or baby wants to ride

not trance per say.

but shit man the vibe on sat night was awesome.

all i am saying is that a whole community we need to get all the genres out there more.

and i mean obviouly not every genre is goin to appeal to all audiences, but trance is probably the genre with the least following but the biggest potential in the states.

yo the fact of the matter is this..

where do we get most of our music from.

EUROPE!!!!

The US producers in every fuckin genre cant compete.

this is part of the PROBLEM..

THERE ARE NO AMERICAN TIESTOS, NICK SENTIENCES, FERRY CORSTENS, PAUL VAN DYKES, TiMO MASS, MAURO PICOTTO, ETC ETC

THATS WHAT WE NEED

THATS WHAT GOING TO BRING THE SCENE UP.

GOOD AMERICAN ARTISTS!

THATS WHAT PART OF THIS POST WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT

and for the record.

tiesto says he is breaking away from trance

but in area 2 he played a hell of alot of trance to be breaking away from it

as well as a recent set i heard of him.. he played a lot of dreamy trance

some of the biggest DJ'S in the world are trance DJ's

how can u say trance is bad?

THERE ARE NO AMERICAN TIESTOS, NICK SENTIENCES, FERRY CORSTENS, PAUL VAN DYKES, TiMO MASS, MAURO PICOTTO, ETC ETC

. . . I've seen homegrown talent through the years that can spank the pants of those guys when it comes to throwing a good party set, no matter what genre you're talking about . . The problem with America is beats are not part of the national consciousness, and it probably never will . . . There is no superstar worship of DJ's in our land because we just don't take to the music the same way the Europeans do . . . I'm not saying that can't change . . but as long as we worship their superstars, we're never gonna produce our own . . . and thats a sad fact because like I said above, we got the talent to put their lights out . . but the crowd just aint there alot of times, ESPECIALLY in New York.. . .

. . I do believe a perfect example of this was at Vinyl a coupla months back, I didn't go because of prior obligations, but the DJ, I believe his name was That kid Chris, or something to that effect, was tearing up the room . . . This report came from some VERY knowledgable people who's opinions I respect ( Cintron! ) . . . NOw, the place was half empty because no international 'superstar' talent was there . . . and therein lies the problem . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . I do believe a perfect example of this was at Vinyl a coupla months back, I didn't go because of prior obligations, but the DJ, I believe his name was That kid Chris, or something to that effect, was tearing up the room . . . This report came from some VERY knowledgable people who's opinions I respect ( Cintron! ) . . . NOw, the place was half empty because no international 'superstar' talent was there . . . and therein lies the problem . . .

Ashley Casselle is better than 90% of the DJs that plays in Vinyl. Yet he gets 10% of the crowd!

FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!

And all the people who've made this big pitch for trance so far on this thread REALLY don't know what they're talking about. Trance is the MOST mainstream dance music out there. Its heyday has already past, exactly three years ago.

The problem with Trance is that there's no one willing to push it forward. Joy Kittikontiwhoeverthefuckhisname is? SUCKS. PPK? SUCKS. Who made good trance? Hybrid, James Holden, Ashley Casselle, PvD (at least he used to) Lucien Foort....etc. You can find a good convergence point between melody, beats, and production sophistication. Too bad people actually doing it are few and far between.

Most of the good trance tracks made nowadays lacks substance. It's a beat with a few snares and a breakdown. A beautiful breakdown at times, but it's that alone that's holding up the track.

Not enough substance, too much media exposure. That's trance.

Now where's Goagirl69? I want some psytrance dammit...:mad:

it amazes me when people make these statements about a type of music

first of all stop knocking trance

for that matter u can say that about any electronic styles

its a beat some percussion a simple bass line and a breakdown

whats that saying

look at saeed and palaash.. one of there new ones..

i forget what its called but its got the hydrogen rockers on the flip side

listen to that track

same beat over and over same bass line same vocal

do u seem me knocking it because its not my style

no..

dickheads like xpander are obviosuly not educated to make these statements

it amazes me when people make these statements about a type of music

first of all stop knocking trance

for that matter u can say that about any electronic styles

its a beat some percussion a simple bass line and a breakdown

whats that saying

listen to that track

no..

dickheads like xpander are obviosuly not educated to make these statements

Excuse me? I shell a list of producers who made great trance and you tell me that I'm knocking it? Are you fucking BLIND?!?!

Did I put any other forms of dance music on a pedestal over trance? Did I say all trance is bad? READ!

The problem with Trance is that there's no one willing to push it forward.

Did you even bother listening to the producers that I mentioned? No, because you dismiss every style as a beat and a bassline. Did you even bother reading anything I wrote? No. Instead, you throw a deep tribal house track at me like it MEANS ANYTHING?! I've been bored out of my mind with deep tribal house for ages. So what?

READ BEFORE YOU ANSWER, SHERLOCK!

Originally posted by phuturephunk

but as long as we worship their superstars, we're never gonna produce our own . . . and thats a sad fact because like I said above, we got the talent to put their lights out . . but the crowd just aint there alot of times, ESPECIALLY in New York.. . .

AMEN!!! and that goes for Miami as well...

"Not enough substance, too much media exposure. That's trance."

thats what u said

exactly what is substance to a track here

music, melody, bass, beat, and the groove.

trance's groove comes from the lush breakdowns and melodies

every style of music gets it groove from somewhere

i guess u are saying all music with these elements lack substance

make some sense man

listen to that track

no..

Actually.. I DO see you knocking it by saying it has the same beat over and over and the same bass line and the same vocal.. I actually think Saeed & Palash are AMAZING so watch what you're saying. Don't make an oxymoronic post by saying you're not knocking a song or an artist, when, in fact, within that very same post, you ARE talking trash.