Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i think 75% of clubbers/promoter do not have a clue...

right but what i am trying to figure out is this.

walk into love music in new rochelle, walk into george acostas store in miami, just two quick examples off the top of my head

and what do u see predominately on the shelves, IMPORTS?

so my question is how are they selling imports here and you can't sell an import there?

come on, you are really gonna tell me that if you have a hot record, that there is no way to sell it in europe?

i find that difficult to believe.

i think the main problem you cannot sell stuff in europe is obviously because you guys are more of a licensing house.

you license other music of which almost all of it comes from europe and then sell it here.

too me thats not what a label is all about.

a label is about developing their artists

just look at V2 records... thats what they are doing.. and might i add doing it very well..

im not telling you what you should do with your label..

but this is the reason labels like tsunami, perfecto, bxr, etc are all soo successful..

they market and develop their artist.. they expose them..

too bad most american labels like yourselves do not do such a thing.

this was a big issue at the wmc..

and this is why the americans labels like strictly etc got so ripped up in the panels..

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by buredf

right but what i am trying to figure out is this.

walk into love music in new rochelle, walk into george acostas store in miami, just two quick examples off the top of my head

and what do u see predominately on the shelves, IMPORTS?

so my question is how are they selling imports here and you can't sell an import there?

come on, you are really gonna tell me that if you have a hot record, that there is no way to sell it in europe?

i find that difficult to believe.

i think the main problem you cannot sell stuff in europe is obviously because you guys are more of a licensing house.

you license other music of which almost all of it comes from europe and then sell it here.

too me thats not what a label is all about.

a label is about developing their artists

just look at V2 records... thats what they are doing.. and might i add doing it very well..

im not telling you what you should do with your label..

but this is the reason labels like tsunami, perfecto, bxr, etc are all soo successful..

they market and develop their artist.. they expose them..

too bad most american labels like yourselves do not do such a thing.

this was a big issue at the wmc..

and this is why the americans labels like strictly etc got so ripped up in the panels..

We do have domestic artists of our own for your information.

And I'm through trying to explain everything to u...if u think u know what is the "right" thing to do as a label start your own. What can I tell u.

Originally posted by buredf

to be honest im glad labels like Stricly are closing

in wmc this past yr people like mike mcdavid and george calle were made fools of by the people because they do not sign so much good stuff that is offered to them.

they do not broaden their horizons.

i was in the listening panel and i heard two insane trance records played and george calle one of the listeners and the guy from robbins were like, they are at best ok.

me and everyone else in the place said what the hell is wrong with these guys.

I mean obviosuly i am a big trance fan and stuff...

Before you posted this, you were just another guy with some music that we declined to use on our labels. Now, you are showing that you are unprofessional.

Anybody that knows me, knows I am not a Trance fan. I will tell you that I would know a good one if I heard it though.

It is only my opinion, which, if you are shopping your track for my label - which i pay the bills for, is the only opinion that matters.

Otherwise, if you are so good, shop your tracks to those overseas labels you are so thrilled about.

Either way, if I were you I'd make sure that I don't actually know your real name because honestly, with comments like the one you made about Strictly's unfortunate demise, you are obviously not the kind of producer I would like to develop.

And you sound bitter to me. So deal with that.

Now who's laughing?

George Calle:laugh:

Originally posted by gcalle

Before you posted this, you were just another guy with some music that we declined to use on our labels. Now, you are showing that you are unprofessional.

Anybody that knows me, knows I am not a Trance fan. I will tell you that I would know a good one if I heard it though.

It is only my opinion, which, if you are shopping your track for my label - which i pay the bills for, is the only opinion that matters.

Otherwise, if you are so good, shop your tracks to those overseas labels you are so thrilled about.

Either way, if I were you I'd make sure that I don't actually know your real name because honestly, with comments like the one you made about Strictly's unfortunate demise, you are obviously not the kind of producer I would like to develop.

And you sound bitter to me. So deal with that.

Now who's laughing?

George Calle:laugh:

oh shit...that was cold......:laugh:

Behold the awesome power that is the internet. I bet this guy did not expect to have George jump in there and respond to his ranting. Just goes to show you that you really never do know who is reading this shit.

George, welcome to the board. Rob told me your new CD was just released. Can't wait to hear it. Bring a copy by next time you come by HomeGrown. Would love to have you spin for us again sometime soon.

- Ron

i would like to make a formal apology for my comments about strictly rhythm, and my comments about the people at WMC.

i am goin through some tough times and i had some major family problems when i made those comments.

and although this doesnt justify what i said, i just havent been all there lately.

so hopefully the guys i offended are not too upset.

i am not a bitter person nor a mean person, i am just goin through some rough times.

so i hope this apology is accepted.

ok

i just wanted it to be clear that

the point of my thread really was not to slam labels or any music

and although i may not like alot of the stuff that some of the labels i mentioned put out.

the point is that i respect it.. and i just got really upset when people on the board were continously slamming trance and i got a bunch of PM's from people who were like FUCK TRANCE ETC...

I was not looking to start any trouble.

i am one of the first people in line to support electronic music in the states..

so whatever it is.. i am not goin to say i love it all.. but i do respect it and i know that in whatever genre it might be.. it all adds to the support of the scene..

so i hope my feelings are clear.