Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Made Events must be out of their minds!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

I'll have to disagree.....God himself isnt worth that much...:rolleyes:

..and that's YOUR opinion.. :)

And anyway...who cares how much it is or how good /bad he spins if it's not your money & time being wasted there really shouldn't be any more discussion about this

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . As long as you guys continue to party in Manhattan like its the only place to party, these guys are going to keep taking it out of your ass . . . :aright: . . .

*DING* folks, the Truth has been Set Free.

[don't you mean "these guys are going to keep giving it to you in the ass?"]

$20 for Johnny Vicious at Roxy is all I need. I wouldn't pay $40-50 to hear Tiesto, PVD or any of those international dudes. But that's mostly because I don't really have that much money to spend on a cover. But for real, something gotta be done about these club admissions. $40-50 to enter club and hear a DJ? I don't care what club or what DJ it is. But hey, as long as it's packed (which it most definately will) and were paying $40-50 they'll charge $40-50+.

I believe I will be laying out the money. I am not 100%. I know I am going to Vinyl with a few friends. And I brought the idea of both up. So we shall see...

As far as the price... I have paid alot more to see Concerts that only lasted 2 to 3 hours... So what is the big difference...

As long as there is a party... Which I do not get a chance to do much anymore...

Lets put it this way.. if you think its a lot of money.. Then your not coming.//

But for those of us that love, the likes of Tiesto, PVD and more.. of course we will pay that much.

Because if you ask me, Tiesto is a fantastic entertainer, he has a lot of energy.

And to me it is a concert.

And BTW i am not a fool a fool.. we all have our own tastes.

I mean to me the fool is the person that pasy $20 to go to Exit when no one is there.

to hear Draper I would have to be on drugs so its what 20 to get in 20 for the pill humm $40 that i could have spent sober at Tiesto.

Because Tiesto is the high, no drugs or hallucinogens needed

Originally posted by legend38

Some people just don't like trance, it doesn't mean its cheese.

I'll pay forty dollars to hear Tiesto on a Phazon.

Amen.... it's really ignorant when people give it names like "cheese" and such just because it's not their style... i don't like techno as much as trance but i don't go around trying to talk shit about it, to each his own

My complaint isnt that its trance....I actually do like Tiesto....And its not like I dont have the money for it....It has more to do with the principle....I'll say it again...There is not one single dj on the face of this planet that is worth 50 bucks....It has more to do with the promoters fucking all the clubbers up the ass because they can.....Yeah Made does throw some great parties at Arc......I give them credit for that...But this is just plain stupid.....I cannot see any justification as to why they need to charge people all this money for one night.......I guess it has more to do with the fact that it will be more money in their pockets and nothing else.....Picotto probably charges the same amount but I dont think people paid this much to see him....Same thing goes for the night when I saw Howells and DT.....Sometimes you just wonder...

$50 is very excessive. $40 is a little much as well. I can sit in my room and play out In My Memory and Silence all I want and save my dough. I've been listening to his latest sets and its mostly old stuff.

Take note of this... Nobody in this thread has thought about the duration of each set. Tiesto never spins more than 4 hrs or so in NY. Correct me if i'm wrong. When is the latest that Roxy closes and how do they judge whether or not the night is over? PVD will go on till 8 or 9am if given the opportunity. Tiesto obviously will not.

I'm not comparing DJs, but as far as bang for the buck goes i'll probably end up at PVD and Carl Cox. Ferry Corsten is someone i'd love to see again, technically I think he is a better DJ anyway.

BTW - did anyone figure out how much cover is with the cards?

Originally posted by teklord310

BTW - did anyone figure out how much cover is with the cards?

:laugh: See thats the thing.. Most of us have roxy cards and get in free week in and week out, whenever we go. Except when there is a international DJ there.. I have absolutely no problem dishing out the $40 or $50 to support roxy and to hear a great dj. Since I maybe paid the most 5 times this year to get in to roxy, I think Roxy saved me enough money to pay the $50 when they have special events like Tiesto!!! I cant fucking wait!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by tolyk

It says on the card that we are entitled to reduced admission on special events.

could this be any more special ? :D :D :D

true it does, but these 2 parties(tiesto and pvd) are not run by the roxy promoters. its a made events party

Originally posted by sexxyme

I'm not going :(

Im with you on the new found faith in Mauro. Ive always heard that he was a world class DJ but after hearing him at Arc...Im a believer! I got to shake his hand at the end of his session and it was like shaking hands with a god. Im still young, but if my DJ skills get to be even half as good as his, ill be more than happy with my career. Cant wait till I can hear him again, in NYC, BARCA, or Firenze...he fuckin rocked

Originally posted by solarphobic

Im with you on the new found faith in Mauro. Ive always heard that he was a world class DJ but after hearing him at Arc...Im a believer! I got to shake his hand at the end of his session and it was like shaking hands with a god. Im still young, but if my DJ skills get to be even half as good as his, ill be more than happy with my career. Cant wait till I can hear him again, in NYC, BARCA, or Firenze...he fuckin rocked

:D