Bored - What does everyone Do again?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by thehype

If i am the Latex sales rep , then JP18 is a Bra Salesman and he works for Sid Farkuss. JP18 sells the manzeire all around NYC

Another classic---My father is gettng close to needing one--I think he juiced when he was younger:(

Well...I just got out of ORCl (Oracle) shorted it @ 8.11 x 15,000 shares.....thought I was in trouble before...but now I covered at 8.02 for a gain of + 1,350... I thought I was fucked but it was a huge head fake and I stayed calm...It sucks when shit doesnt go your way....so much psychology involved...this goes for anything you do....I usually take big risk like the above trade early in the morning....try to stay flat around 12-2 and then get back in the game for the close but close everything by 3:45...Stay focused...

I used to work for Goldman Sachs as an assistant trader for the INTEL Market Maker....We had a hedge fund that needed to execute 5,000,000 shares on the opening....it was my job to sell 1,000,000 on the opening at 9:30 at the market price....well... I hesitated for 1 min....and ended up costing the Head trader $50,000 because i was trying to be a superstar and get a better price...instead I got fucked.....

Originally posted by ou812

.........and you do it well.................so will I finally see you at Metro on Friday?

Yes I am going to break away from my normal 8pm going to bed time and go!!!!! Shots for you and your mrs's on me(the first round that is:laugh: )

Originally posted by swngingjohnson

Yup exactly. Well I am the go between contact for the client and the actual tech who does the install. But Reuters has many different products for which new t1s are being installed. So the project I'm on may be different from the reason you got new T1s, if that makes sense. What company do you work for?

Bring me an OC3 connection..............I need more bandwidth, bwahahahaha

Originally posted by NJstacked

NASDAQ Equity Trader...down $2,300 today and a few more hours...maybe I can end the day Down $3,000....that would really make me happy....I am fucking raging right now..

By no means am i an expert in the stock market, but i have a question. In your opinion, do you think that it is a good time to buy certain stocks because the market is so low? Do you think there are alot of good deals out there right now?

Well...just remember I am the furthest thing from an Investor...I trade and for the last 3 months I have been overall short the market...meaning I bet everyday that it goes down....

Are there good deals out there? YES!!!

BUT....the market will go lower....we are on the brink of war, interest rates are the lowest in 20 years, there is a huge retail strike or was in California, Companies are still being investigated for Fraud, Unemployment is rising etc...etc...etc...It doesnt look good...if you were to play the market...average in over the next 6 months....this way you wont Strike out and You Wont Hit A GRAND SLAM....but you will hit a few doubles and tripples.....!

Stay with stocks that are responding well to the market that have strong relative strength vs. the overall market. Meaning, if the market is getting crushed...and you find a stock that is moving up or holding its own and not selling off...then that may be a good stock to purchase because when the market takes off that stock will ignite....

Well...just remember I am the furthest thing from an Investor...I trade and for the last 3 months I have been overall short the market...meaning I bet everyday that it goes down....

Are there good deals out there? YES!!!

BUT....the market will go lower....we are on the brink of war, interest rates are the lowest in 20 years, there is a huge retail strike or was in California, Companies are still being investigated for Fraud, Unemployment is rising etc...etc...etc...It doesnt look good...if you were to play the market...average in over the next 6 months....this way you wont Strike out and You Wont Hit A GRAND SLAM....but you will hit a few doubles and tripples.....!

Stay with stocks that are responding well to the market that have strong relative strength vs. the overall market. Meaning, if the market is getting crushed...and you find a stock that is moving up or holding its own and not selling off...then that may be a good stock to purchase because when the market takes off that stock will ignite....

can i just say that the west Coast LongShoreman Strike has already ruined my holiday season! :blown::(

goddamn it takes a week plus to get the president involed on a domestic issue, but one minute to bomb overseas.

:blank:

NYC Chic....Living in a capitalist society those people had a right to strike...Republicans (which I am) stand for less Government...and more free enterprise business. The President backed away from the issue until it became TRUE economic issue in which it might have hurt our economy even more so than it did.

well here's what i'm tryin to do..... public relations

i'm a senior at marist college in new york and major in public relations/marketing and minor in psychology.......

i want to be a special events planner or work for a pr firm when i'm done in may...........:D

NYC Chic....Living in a capitalist society those people had a right to strike...Republicans (which I am) stand for less Government...and more free enterprise business. The President backed away from the issue until it became TRUE economic issue in which it might have hurt our economy even more so than it did.

WELL actually it was a lockout.. not a strike. they were not allowed to work bc their union could not come to terms/agreement. wasnt it about job seccurity and making sure that some postions weren't over taken by new, more efficient technology? :confused:

also did you know also that the avg dockworker makes est $100,000 a year! (i am moving to california and gonna move me some cargo :D !) and that clerks even more!

actually i really am not for or against their causes.. i just know it was f'in up MY business (and my gross margins and sales! ) and this cost the country billions of dollars!!1 how can this not be an economic crisis ..even if it didnt affect the avg consumer until later on..

but retail just went through oneo fthe worst Back to school/Fall seasons EVER! many companies already took down there projections and plans for xmas and THIS certainly did not help at all.