Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone taking Karate?

rachel1997

i am a 1st degree in a style called goyu ryu. this is more for defense/fighting.It is not flashy it is pure old school. walk on ur knuckles and all that shit.I started when is was 11 until my first child was born. very stronge hand tec. the classes r cheap. but the teacher is not. His name is Mike Gauego. he is a 10 degree don. He looks mean as hell...It is in sweat water @ the ymca. Good luck...

Originally posted by shroomy

Hey Tony, I was quite involved with BJJ too. Brown belt, fought a bunch of times. Trained with some of the Gracies. Love the stuff.

By far the best practicle fighting techniques.

gives rolling a whole new meaning :)

what rolling? :confused::D

Originally posted by laliux

what rolling? :confused::D

lol... since every fight allways ends up on the ground, a high percentage of techniques are focused on how to end a fight while on the ground, via a choke, joint lock (i.e. break bones) etc. Working on these techs with someone else is usually refered to rolling :) ex. "Yeah, I rolled with him before. He beat my ass"

Originally posted by shroomy

Hey Tony, I was quite involved with BJJ too. Brown belt, fought a bunch of times. Trained with some of the Gracies. Love the stuff.

By far the best practicle fighting techniques.

gives rolling a whole new meaning :)

rolling in deed. LOL the Gracies are the masters, always wanted to go to one of their academies. I took my classes with marcus "conan" silveria, a badass if there every was one. he does a lot of extreme fighting competitions. maybe when I get my knee back in order.; I’ll get back to my training. :cool:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by rachel1997

I'm looking for a school to start going to here, can anyone recommend? (sp?)

fank ya!

:cool:

why do u want to take the classes? Protection? A good workout?

Those martial art classes are overrated. Only a select few can master them enough to use in a real fight. We use to have all these so called bad asses bounce with us at this club. In the end every fight on earth is won by the guy that can throw leather! Take kick boxing. Best work out and it will teach you how to defend yourself better then any of that crap... Its real world skills, its not that hollywood jackie chan shit...

Hi Rachel,

looks like you're getting all sorts of advice, some good, some bad. the main question is what you're looking to get out of the lessons. I'm a second degree blackbelt in Japanese Jiu-Jistsu (very good real world application as far as self defense). I've taught kids classes and even did some Police training for our local department. At the end of the day, it really matters what you're looking to get out of it. You can PM me. Let me know what you're looking for and whereabouts you live, and I'd be more than happy to help you find a good dojo.

paz,

Stryke

www.signalcommunications.net/ongaku.htm

Once again the ignorant one chimes in!

OK how about this Saleen. I have a grand that says you will quite a fight with me inside of 3 minutes (or be unconscious) and to give you even better odds. How about this, I promise I wont hit you or kick you, and you can quit at any time.

You can do whatever you want except bite, in which case I will really hurt you. So throw your leather :rolleyes: and lets see what happens.

and no you don't even have to put up any money. A grand if you last 3 minutes, and I wont punch or kick you.

So step up or shut the fuck up. BTW according to your other posts you are 220lbs. I am only 195 so you even have the weight advantage.

So show everyone here what a badass you really are.

Originally posted by sobeton

rolling in deed. LOL the Gracies are the masters, always wanted to go to one of their academies. I took my classes with marcus "conan" silveria, a badass if there every was one. he does a lot of extreme fighting competitions. maybe when I get my knee back in order.; I’ll get back to my training. :cool:

Yeah Tony, Conan is a true badass, and his brother Marcus is even better IMHO. He is just smaller. Both are total class and nice guys. And Damn Conan is strong, I've rolled with him a few times at his brothers school in Boca, of course he handed me my ass..... but some day :)

All you have to do is look at all the extreem fighting/UFC type events to see that everyone that even enters anymore has a big brasilian jiu-jitzu background. Of course not everyone is into martial arts to be able to street fight, but if you are.....

Originally posted by saleen351

Those martial art classes are overrated. Only a select few can master them enough to use in a real fight. In the end every fight on earth is won by the guy that can throw leather! Take kick boxing. Best work out and it will teach you how to defend yourself better then any of that crap... Its real world skills, its not that hollywood jackie chan shit...

attachment.php?s=&postid=1080525