Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ongaku This Friday (weird name...great night!)

stryke303

Hey all,

This Friday @ Red...ONGAKU is back. Tonight, Matt and I redid the sound system...We found 3 blown subwoofers, 4 high-end horns off, and an entire full range speaker not connected!!!! We spent 2 hours re-equing the system, so it sounds much better. We'll continue working on it for you guys! Here's the info for this Friday:

Ongaku - Friday, Octber 18, 2002

Special Guest: Merlyn (Dreamscape Recordings) & Stryke

Free Rum Cocktails from 10:30 to 12:30

Password for free entry is: DRAGON

need more info:

305.604.0577 or ongaku@substancerecordings.com

www.signalcommunications.net

www.substancerecordings.com

ongakuflyeroct182002.jpg

Dont think I can make it out this week, would love to watch u work, when your not playing with mixers and a wrench at the same time.

Like I said in my review, its truly a awesome thing to watch ya behind that mixer, I was standing to the left of you near the lil vip thing leaning on the stage for a hour, definetely can work that shit......good job.........

gotta play hypnotize for me next time im there :D

Originally posted by stryke303

thanks! make sure to come up and say hi next time. i'll be sure to play hypnotized for you :)

paz

thanks, definetely one of my favs of all time, just got it on a live set from Factorys 13th aniv. part in nyc, song got totally ripped apart......definetely a favorite up north........

off to bed, nite. :)

Merlyn's master plan has been unfolding long before his friends chose his name to describe the magical ways in which he manipulated sounds both behind the turntables and in the studio. He has always been one to share his passion for music with others since the early 90's when Merlyn was spinning records at the house parties and clubs while producing and engineering bass records in some of Miami's hottest studios.

Merlyn's early days in the underground club scene at the famous Edge nightclub in Fort Lauderdale have helped shape the sound that he is known for today by introducing him to Progressive House, Trance, and Funky Breaks. His first record under his old "Quest" alias entitled "Bring Your Luv" became an instant underground classic and stapled him as one of the premier up and coming Breakbeat producers, and it invited an audience to find out that he was one of the best breakbeat DJ's that Miami had to offer as well. His subsequent releases on self-owned Dreamscape Recordings (such as the piano anthem "Search" and the darker acid breaks stompers "Spellbound" and "Incantations") and collaborations like "Path to Redemption" and "Taken (You Took My Love)" with old high school friend Jasp 182 on Insomniac Records have earned him respect as one of the innovators of new sound that can only be described as Funky Breaks meets UK Trance.

Merlyns increasing popularity is becoming more and more evident through fantastic record sales and the constant demand for his songs to appear on CD compilations (including mixed CD's by Simply Jeff, DJ Sharpe, Rick West, Chris Fortier, and many more). His increased DJ appearances around the country at clubs and major festival events are finally fulfilling the predictions of Merlyn emerging as a musical leader and a consistent crowd pleaser. If you ask anyone that has followed his DJ and production career or knows him personally, they'll be sure to tell you that his influence on the underground dance music movement has barely even begun. His critically acclaimed mixed CDs "Spellbound" and "Nu Horizons Vol. 1" have sold over 10,000 units each and received glowing reviews from Mixer, URB, and DMA. Be on the lookout for his upcoming CD "Elevation". This DJ is not to be missed and must be heard to be understood!

:D Yo Stryke whats up?? Man it has taken me so long to get on this page and let you know..bro..i was there at Space when you tore it up...Masterful..just Masterful..you made a new fan that nite...i got to go into the dj booth with a few people and just watched you handle those records like a champ man...damn good shit i must say.you made that place a mad house! :bounce: Hope to see you again soon there...unfortunately if there was a way i could see you at Ongaku i would DEFINITELY go...but i dont think they let in anyone over 21..do they? i mean..i have an id..but it only gets me into certain places...what do you think? man if you can just hit me up on my email...Vvcarl0svV at yahoo. anyways...Man take care and keep that shit up bro..peace!

:shades2: I wear my Sunglasses at nite...So i can So i can...Keep track of visions in my eyes...:shades2:

Xcarl0sX <--- AIM

Man.. that picture with the fox giving it up the ass is pritty sick.. but its prolly not gonna be as sick as this friday night.. *looks at watch* which is today. its allways nice to see all you kids stop by and have a few drinks and then dance your arses off.

Take care,

see you real soon.

-Tony

thanks for the kind words spacecadet. wish we could do something about the 21 + thing...but laws iz laws. and don't worry sean, we have hired extra sound for next week when you and dave play ;) seez you all tonite. and in keeping with the new direction of clubplanet miami:

this girl's a bitch, that guy's a dick, get sex, love sex, sex, sex, sex, crappy gossip, bitch, whore, dick, asshole, etc... there...that should generate some interest in this post ;)

paz (not just a word, but a great way of life),

stryke

www.signalcommunications.net/ongaku.htm

www.substancerecordings.com