Clubplanet Nightlife Community

greatest RB ever...

dnice35

Originally posted by lolahotass

You pretty much named most of em' buddy...

Maybe throw Emmitt Smith on there too..(even though I hate Dallas!)

Lola:D

you gotta be kidding me right? Emmitt Smith was good and durable, I wouldnt put him in the same breath as W. Payton or B. Sanders

QUOTE:

Who do you think are the top 10 RBs of all time?

1-Barry Sanders

2-Walter Payton

3-Gayle Sayers

4-Jim Brown

5-Marshall Faulk

6-Eric Dickerson

7-Earl Campbell

8-Tony Dorsett

9-OJ Simpson

10-Red Grange

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wHAT ???

1ST OF ALL JIM BROWN IS CONSIDERED THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER OF ALL TIME. 2ND I WOULD NOT HAVE FAULK SO HIGH ON THE LIST JUST BECAUSE HE HAS NOT BEEN PLAYING LONG ENOUGH.

Originally posted by thehog

QUOTE:

wHAT ???

1ST OF ALL JIM BROWN IS CONSIDERED THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER OF ALL TIME. 2ND I WOULD NOT HAVE FAULK SO HIGH ON THE LIST JUST BECAUSE HE HAS NOT BEEN PLAYING LONG ENOUGH.

Neither did Sayers, But the time he played. He was the absolute best.... I dont consider that guy the best player of all time, top ten maybe, not the best. Anyways both Sanders and Payton played behind horrible OL's and still manage to excel.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by lolahotass

Personally, I wouldn't put anyone in the same breath as Walter Payton. Sweetness was the most exciting player I ever watched play (when it comes to RB position).

we were not old enough for jim brown... trust me when i say jim brown made people look silly on the field...

I think you can put Faulk up pretty high...he has put together more than 10,000 yards rushing already, and he's a lot higher up there in total yards; At this point he's already a lot better than TD was, and most analysts would put him in hall-of-fame level already. That said....

1. Jim Brown; just was the best

2. Barry Sanders; did what he did with the worst line in football

3. Gayle Sayers; Ditto, plus he was the best kick returner in NFL history

4. Walter Payton; Same as Emmitt in fewer games, but less rings and maybe an even better O-line; Also was a better blocker and catcher than Emmitt.

5. Emmitt Smith; Gained tons of yards, but it was behind a great line, but still has more rings than most...

6. OJ; Murders aside, he did have the best rushing season in history and had the total package

7. Larry Czonka; Best Fullback ever hands down. Could run the ball some, but probably the best blocker and best pass catcher out of the backfield ever.

8. Marshall Faulk; Has the potential to end up at number 1 if he has 3 more seasons like the ones he's had in the past few years; already has more total yards than some of the guys higher on the list.

9. Franco Harris; Emmitt Smith with a shorter career and more rings.

10. Red Grange; He's the reason running backs today are how they are.

I personally don't think Dickerson belongs on a top 10 list; he was an average running back in every respect who just happened to have two great seasons because everyone else around him was so good; putting him up there is about the same as putting Terrell Davis, Priest Holmes, or Christian Okoya on the list.

Originally posted by dnice35

Who do you think are the top 10 RBs of all time?

1-Barry Sanders

2-Walter Payton

3-Gayle Sayers

4-Jim Brown

5-Marshall Faulk

6-Eric Dickerson

7-Earl Campbell

8-Tony Dorsett

9-OJ Simpson

10-Red Grange

1. JIM BROWN

2. WALTER PAYTON

3. BARRY SANDERS

4. ERIC DICKERSON

5. GAYLE SAYERS

6. OJ SIMPSON (LOVED HIM IN THE NAKED GUN MOVIES)

7. LARRY CZONKA

8. JOHN RIGGINS

9. EARL CAMPBELL

10. TONY DORSETT

the last two made it out of respect...but here are some honorable mentions: MERCURY MORRIS, BO JACKSON (would have been one of the best RB if his career wasnt cut short), CHUCK FOREMAN, MARCUS ALLEN AND EMMIT SMITH

Quote:

1. JIM BROWN

2. WALTER PAYTON

3. BARRY SANDERS

4. ERIC DICKERSON

5. GAYLE SAYERS

6. OJ SIMPSON (LOVED HIM THE NAKED GUNS)

7. LARRY CZONKA

8. JOHN RIGGINS

9. EARL CAMPBELL

10. TONY DORSETT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mrmatas your top 6 is exactly right IMO.:aright:

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

1. JIM BROWN

2. WALTER PAYTON

3. BARRY SANDERS

4. ERIC DICKERSON

5. GAYLE SAYERS

6. OJ SIMPSON (LOVED HIM IN THE NAKED GUN MOVIES)

7. LARRY CZONKA

8. JOHN RIGGINS

9. EARL CAMPBELL

10. TONY DORSETT

the last two made it out of respect...but here are some honorable mentions: MERCURY MORRIS, BO JACKSON (would have been one of the best RB if his career wasnt cut short), CHUCK FOREMAN, MARCUS ALLEN AND EMMIT SMITH

MrMatas with all due respect, But WTF are you thinking? I should pimp slap you for even mentioning Mercury Morris in the same breath as B. Jackson or M. Allen......

I should pimp slap you for even mentioning Mercury Morris in the same breath as B. Jackson or M. Allen......

A. Its called honorable mention, i didnt say that was the order

B. He had good years with the Fins when he did play (especially when he was "coked" up)

C. There is a "Happy Hour" All U Can Eat Buffet around our work, if u leave early u can catch the fat chicks....You Fawkin' Chubby Chaser.....

HAVE A NICE DAY.....:D

A. Its called honorable mention, i didnt say that was the order

B. He had good years with the Fins when he did play (especially when he was "coked" up)

C. There is a "Happy Hour" All U Can Eat Buffet around our work, if u leave early u can catch the fat chicks....You Fawkin' Chubby Chaser.....

HAVE A NICE DAY.....:D

he is not worthy of an honorable mention,

p.s. choke on a dick :D

fuck off, I say he's #4 and thats final........

sanders

payton

sayers

You dont think they are worthy of top 3 honors?

Sayers was good...but bro not ahead of Brown...what are u smoking? and why arent u sharing? Put ur Bear Pride aside...Brown should be #1 and if not atleast #2....that man was fast, quick and ran over and around people....he was flat out SICK...

Sayers was good...but bro not ahead of Brown...what are u smoking? and why arent u sharing? Put ur Bear Pride aside...Brown should be #1 and if not atleast #2....that man was fast, quick and ran over and around people....he was flat out SICK...

even if I put my Bear pride aside, I will not rank him ahead of Sanders or Payton............ and no I will not share, its dry season.. :D

1. Jim Brown - without a shadow of a doubt he's number 1 (dnice, your on crack buddy! #4? your fawkin kidding ....)

2. Walter Payton

3. Barry Sanders (yes, number 3, who do you think Barry looked up too? you got it .. Walter Payton)

4. Gayle Sayers

5. Eric Dickerson

6. Earl Campbell

7. O.J. Simpson

8. John Riggins

9. Franco Harris

10. Emmitt Smith