Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Open Discussion and Poll: Censorship v. racism?

DaVe

What would you do?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Remove the words, or ban the user.
    • Leave it as is.
    • No strong position either way.

Why doesnt the vote say.

Yes, ban him....I dont like him

No, dont ban him....I like him

Thats what all the votes are being voted on anyway, because if it was something else being brought up here, the criteria to vote would be the same thing......

this thread is retarted.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by sxyaznchiq

it doesnt matter what textbook definition you give of the word. in this country it has been used to racially intimidate and marginalize a group of people. unfortunately, that connotation will always be associated with that word

I agree with you; which is why I posted it.. the textbook definition brings the point home.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sobeton

I agree with you; which is why I posted it.. the textbook definition brings the point home.

if blacks want respect from the masses, and if they want people to stop using the term, then stop using it yourself... we emulate that shit you idiots spew in your rap songs... when the chronic dropped in 90 or 91 the term be och was every where, and it ain't going away... blame your self not us... you morons water down the term and when someone like me uses it, all of sudden i'm the next hitler! WTF???? Go to any mall in America and I will bet money, 3 black kids are sitting on a bench calling each other nigga or nigger...

if you took what i said as an insult then you need to re think where I hear that term the most. My father and mother would smack us if me and my brothers said that in their house. So where did i learn it? From blacks, not whites...

BE OCH!

and for those who dont' know the full story, i used nigga to describe the bling bling hip hoppers that ruined the beach... thats it, nothing more nothing less.. until GA cried like a bitch..

hehe...trust the dumb guidos to be racist. Saleen's just jealous coz he can't get any black ass! :laugh:

I can't even believe you people are comparing the world "nigger" with "guido" - there's a HUGE difference between the two! Nobody outside the clubbing community even knows what guido is, whereas its common fact that nigger is derogatory term used against black people.

Also, if he said YES to the rules of the forum, he's in breach, and you gotta ban his ass (along with "DA(POO)JEW").

Originally posted by saleen351

and for those who dont' know the full story, i used nigga to describe the bling bling hip hoppers that ruined the beach... thats it, nothing more nothing less.. until GA cried like a bitch..

If that’s it (and I know it is), and you make Saleen the example, you will need to expel everyone who ever uses foul language from here on out. Because if you don’t, Saleen can sue CP for discrimination. And, he would win. It is unbelievable that this all started from a simple comment about SoBe becoming a hip-hop Mecca.

I can't even believe you people are comparing the world "nigger" with "guido" - there's a HUGE difference between the two! Nobody outside the clubbing community even knows what guido is, whereas its common fact that nigger is derogatory term used against black people.

YO DUMB FUCK, FIRST OFF HE DIDN'T USE THE WORD NIGGER HE USED NIGGA DO YOU KNOW HOW TO READ YOU STUPID FUCKING LOSER. AND THIS POO JEW WILL KICK YOUR ASS AND SHIT ON YOUR FACE.:blown:

Originally posted by raver_mania

You are the ignorant one here. I can’t believe that it took ClubLand for you to first hear the term Guido. What rock have you been living under? Its just as bad as the “N” word. You have no idea what type of persecution Italian Americans experienced when they arrived here. Also, did you know that the Irish lived in worse conditions with disease, poverty and such then slaves and the post Civil War black community? My source is a book by Roger Sowell called “Ethnic America”. He documents all ethic groups’ assimilation into American society. He is also a black professor at Stanford.

Originally posted by saleen351

if blacks want respect from the masses, and if they want people to stop using the term, then stop using it yourself... we emulate that shit you idiots spew in your rap songs... when the chronic dropped in 90 or 91 the term be och was every where, and it ain't going away... blame your self not us... you morons water down the term and when someone like me uses it, all of sudden i'm the next hitler! WTF???? Go to any mall in America and I will bet money, 3 black kids are sitting on a bench calling each other nigga or nigger...

if you took what i said as an insult then you need to re think where I hear that term the most. My father and mother would smack us if me and my brothers said that in their house. So where did i learn it? From blacks, not whites...

BE OCH!

I know you want try to make this personal, but I know you too well, so I won’t be appeasing you. but I will cease the opportunity to make my point clear, and leave it at that. I speak for myself, and I don’t use words one might consider racially offensive; nor do I accept them being used by others. as far other members of the African-American community and their use of the word in question. perhaps you should go out on the street and pose those questions to them. don’t try to use me to justify your rhetoric. if you truly want the answers to your obvious confusion; go to the source. I don’t represent the views and convictions of the African –American community, any more then you represent the same for Italian –Americans. a person speaks for themselves and fosters their own views, and convictions.

Originally posted by PFloyd40

tell me your not seriously implying this board is successful b/c you started posting here..

:laugh: yeah i know, that is pretty funny. i dont even know who the kid is.

well that is besides the point... i think people should be able to post whatever they want.

I can't even believe you people are comparing the world "nigger" with "guido" - there's a HUGE difference between the two! Nobody outside the clubbing community even knows what guido is,

that is just a dumb comment. everyone knows what a guido is.

i think guido is offensive and you dont see me crying everytime someone says it :laugh: get over it. this is a messageboard.

I can hear the drums echoing tonight

cheers only whispers of some quiet conversation

shes coming in 12:19 flight

the moonlight wings reflect the stars thatguide the sun to salvation

i stopped along the way just to say

forgotten words in aranged in ancient melodies

she turned to me as if to say

hurry boy its waiting there for you

its going to take a lot to take me away from you!

there is nothing more a hundred men or more could ever do

i gues it rains down in africa

we are going to make some time for the things we never had

Originally posted by guyman1966

You are the ignorant one here. I can’t believe that it took ClubLand for you to first hear the term Guido. What rock have you been living under? Its just as bad as the “N” word. You have no idea what type of persecution Italian Americans experienced when they arrived here. Also, did you know that the Irish lived in worse conditions with disease, poverty and such then slaves and the post Civil War black community? My source is a book by Roger Sowell called “Ethnic America”. He documents all ethic groups’ assimilation into American society. He is also a black professor at Stanford.

Yeah, it did take me exposure to NYC to learn the word guido. Why don't you ask someone in the Midwest what guido means...or even better, someone in South Africa, or any other place in the world. Now, ask them what the word nigger means. Just because guido is an insulting term in your little cocoon world does not mean that its universally known.

Answer me this - were the Irish and Italians used as slaves to work plantations? And no, I have not read the book by Roger Sowell so I can't verify whether they lived in "worse" conditions than slaves.

Originally posted by somebitch

:laugh: yeah i know, that is pretty funny. i dont even know who the kid is.

that is just a dumb comment. everyone knows what a guido is.

i think guido is offensive and you dont see me crying everytime someone says it :laugh: get over it. this is a messageboard.

Another one - just because YOU know what guido is does not mean everyone else does. I'll ask you the same thing - go to someplace outside the eastcoast and ask a person what guido means...or go to almost any place in the world and ask them that. I know because I did not grow up in the US.

FYI...Webster's definition of GUIDO:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------One entry found for Guido of Arezzo.

Main Entry: Gui·do of Arezzo

Pronunciation: 'gwE-(")dO

Variant(s): or Guido Are·ti·nus /"ar-&-'tE-n&s/

Function: biographical name

circa 991-1050 Benedictine monk & music reformer; devised four-line staff that made possible precise notation of pitch

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One entry found for nigger.

Main Entry: nig·ger

Pronunciation: 'ni-g&r

Function: noun

Etymology: alteration of earlier neger, from Middle French negre, from Spanish or Portuguese negro, from negro black, from Latin niger

Date: 1700

1 usually offensive, see usage paragraph below : a black person

2 usually offensive, see usage paragraph below : a member of any dark-skinned race

3 : a member of a socially disadvantaged class of persons <it's time for somebody to lead all of America's niggers... all the people who feel left out of the political process -- Ron Dellums>

usage Nigger in senses 1 and 2 can be found in the works of such writers of the past as Joseph Conrad, Mark Twain, and Charles Dickens, but it now ranks as perhaps the most offensive and inflammatory racial slur in English. Its use by and among blacks is not always intended or taken as offensive, but, except in sense 3, it is otherwise a word expressive of racial hatred and bigotry.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rest my case.

Originally posted by mikeydny

So what does that have to with clubs...

Since when does NYC mean New York Clubs?

huh? :confused:

OK, let me spell it out for you....my first taste of real clubbing was only after I visited NYC...thus, my first exposure to the word "guido" was when I first started clubbing/first couple of visits to NYC.

THUS, when it came to the first exposure to the word "guido" I used NYC clubs and NYC interchangeably.

Anyways, you guys fight all you want...I'm outta here, and am gonna go out and party tonite! Hey, maybe I might even spot a "guido"!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Answer me this - were the Irish and Italians used as slaves to work plantations? And no, I have not read the book by Roger Sowell so I can't verify whether they lived in "worse" conditions than slaves.

Hey, the Jews were slaves in Egypt. Do they still complain? And, while the Irish were never slaves, in the early 1900's help wanted ads regularly stated "Irish & Cathlocs Need Not Apply"... they could not find work, thus no money for food or rent... Read Sowell's book and then maybe you will have something intellegent to say.

Originally posted by guyman1966

Hey, the Jews were slaves in Egypt. Do they still complain? And, while the Irish were never slaves, in the early 1900's help wanted ads regularly stated "Irish & Cathlocs Need Not Apply"... they could not find work, thus no money for food or rent... Read Sowell's book and then maybe you will have something intellegent to say.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTLEY RIGHT :D :D :D

THIS RAVER_FAG NEEDS TO DO THE WORLD A FAVOR AND KILL HIMSELF... HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. I THINK HE IS STILL ROLLING FROM LAST NIGHT.

ONCE AGAIN STEP AWAY FROM THE GLOW STICKS

huh? :confused:

Definetely not as sharp as you think you are...

You said this

Nobody outside the clubbing community even knows what guido is,

And you make no sense, hence the reason I said what does NYC mean, my mom 51 knows what a fuckin guido is, she didn't need to go to a club to find out, the word has shit to do with clubs........

I think this board should be renamed.

CLUB COMMI.

Freedom of speach who needs it any way.:confused::rolleyes:

Bump everytime you think Saleen is an ass/guido/etc..

See fucking COMMI's

the "leaders" do what they whant and the rest of us are out in the cold.:blown:

“for the purposes of soliciting, offending or harassing any person or persons; to alter the directory listings, event listings, or other information,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I the only one that can see how Ironic this all is.

the Commi's type what they whant.:blown: