Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Open Discussion and Poll: Censorship v. racism?

DaVe

What would you do?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Remove the words, or ban the user.
    • Leave it as is.
    • No strong position either way.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see....... fighting about who is right and who isn't about racial terms isn't going to get anywhere.This has been a problem for years and guess what? Its going to continue,like it or not. Thats LIFE.It depends on you or who ever is offended by it,to learn how to deal with it.I don't mean it in a bad way,but what is there to do? Just tell your kids to treat others with respect.

I went to school in an afro-american neighborhood and I didn't discriminate anybody cause of their skin or background and I got along with everyone.The word "nigga" I learned how to use or say that word with blacks.But I only said it to those that I was friends with,and they wouldn't get mad,while because they knew where we came from by saying that.It was alright.They called me nigga back and I didn't give a dam.It was our slang.Now I wouldn't go up to some black guy I didn't know and say it to him,cause I didn't know him.Samething with the word cracker,I said to my white friends and they wouldn't feel bothered about it,once I again I only said to those I knew.

I guess it all depends on how you say it and to who.Those that use it in racial terms is as ignorant as those that get upset from it.Its something thats never going to change.Thats LIFE.Life is too short to be worring about some"WORD".

Hey if it doesn't kill you, it'll make you stronger.

Originally posted by dajew

THIS IS ALL A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT, WHO ARE THE MODS TO SAY YOU CANT SAY THIS RACIAL SLUR BUT YOU CAN SAY THIS ONE. ITS OK TO SAY GUIDO BUT YOU CANT SAY NIGGA ( WHICH IS A SLANG WORD NOT A RACIAL WORD ) WHATS THE DIFFERENCE, WHO REALLY CARES. IF YOU ARE BLACK AND YOU DONT LIKE THE WORD THEN WHY DO YOU CALL EACH OTHER IT. THIS IS JUST STUPID, I THINK THE MODERATORS JUST DONT LIKE SALEEN AND HAVE IT OUT FOR HIM. IF YOU ARE GONNA PUNISH HIM YOU SHOULD PUNISH EVERY ONE ELSE THAT USES A RACIAL SLANG WORD (WHICH INCLUDES ME)..... OWE WELL !!!!!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

no one said guido is ok to use, its just that no one complained bout it b4. nigga is not a slang word it is extremely racially offensive and according to the users agreement “USE OF THE SERVICE; MEMBER CONDUCTâ€: “for the purposes of soliciting, offending or harassing any person or persons; to alter the directory listings, event listings, or other information, or enter additional listings or Content which in any way: (i) are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable- nigga and guido are harmful,vulgur, hateful and obscene. the nature of nigga/nigger is hateful, it has been since the slave days. i really dont see the argument here, these words are offensive and vulgar and obscene and hateful, we all signed the users aggreement, cant change the rules now. therefore strictly according to the rules the user should be banned, simple as that.

I think many times what is written on message boards is taken out of context, because neither specific emotions, nor emphasis in language can be clearly expressed all of the time. You are not talking to a person face to face, and lines get blurred. I do, however, think that free speech is an absolute necessity in an open forum. If you do not personally agree with someone's opinion about a certain subject, at least you are exposed to what you disagree with. Then, YOU always have a chance to respond, and express your own opinion. Live Free or Die.

Do you want be wrong? Go ahead...by using racist words you are obviously revealing your ignorance. If you have racists feelings you are obviously not very comfortable with your own race...so there.

I'm not big on judging people, but I think that the guy in question, who's name I don't even want to include on my post is a very disturbed person.

It is know to all of us that this guy spends hours and hours posting on CP...yes, maybe his reviews are sometimes entertaining, but always fueled by the need to be the coolest of them all...always using technical bullshit about speakers and Dj equipment and name-dropping gallore...seriously...I think this guy is using the message board and his "seudo" club knowledge to attack and insult everybody, regardless of their race. This guy hates everything and everyone, makes no distinction and is waiting on the wings to jump to the throat of anyone who posts with good intentions.

Damn, I have invested more time on this subject than I wanted to...I just wanted to make it clear that freedom of expression is a right...don't take it for granted, you can use that right to its full extent but it will only to reveal your true self. Racism is just another representation of hatred and ignorance.

Are you a racist? Try this hood on, I just want to see how good it fits you.

kkkhood.jpg

peace to you all :cool:

I’ve seen allot of retarded threads but this has got to top them. Blacks use the word "nigger" over and over again in all there rap songs. Who is to say that saleen is not black? The word nigger actually means "Ignorant Person" How is that racist? Furthermore the word "Nigga" isn’t a word at all its a slang....so what’s the big deal?? Oh wait I know what it is all the Florida brain dead hill billies made a big deal over it right?

kill kill kill the white man

panthers.jpeg

Originally posted by notallthere

I’ve seen allot of retarded threads but this has got to top them. Blacks use the word "nigger" over and over again in all there rap songs. Who is to say that saleen is not black? The word nigger actually means "Ignorant Person" How is that racist? Furthermore the word "Nigga" isn’t a word at all its a slang....so what’s the big deal?? Oh wait I know what it is all the Florida brain dead hill billies made a big deal over it right?

kill kill kill the white man

panthers.jpeg

THANK YOU, ATLEAST SOMEONE KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

SOME OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD ARE SO FUCKING STUPID THEY SAY ONE ONE THING AND THEN CONTRADICT IT WITH THE NEXT SENTENCE WHY DONT YOU READ WHAT YOU POST BEFORE YOU HIT THE SUBMIT REPLY BUTTON.

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS, WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS WHO STARTED THIS WHOLE THING, THEY HAVE SUCH A BIG FUCKING MOUTH WHEN IT COMES TO EVERY OTHER TOPIC BUT THEY HAVE YET TO POST ON THIS THREAD. WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THIS THEN? SOOOOO FUCKING DUMB!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

who gives a flying fuck? every board and i'm sure this one included basically has a ROAR clause in the member agreement......this isn't public territory, no one has the freedom to say whatever they want, this is private property owned by a company. they can ban you for any fucking reason whatsoever be it cuz your throwing the word nigga around or cuz they don't like the color of your shirt. so what's the point? don't like the guy? get rid of his account. last time i checked having an account on a message board was not an unalienable right guaranteed by the constitution.

Originally posted by dr0ne

who gives a flying fuck? every board and i'm sure this one included basically has a ROAR clause in the member agreement......this isn't public territory, no one has the freedom to say whatever they want, this is private property owned by a company. they can ban you for any fucking reason whatsoever be it cuz your throwing the word nigga around or cuz they don't like the color of your shirt. so what's the point? don't like the guy? get rid of his account. last time i checked having an account on a message board was not an unalienable right guaranteed by the constitution.

EXACTLY. This freedom of speech argument is nonsense. You can't go into a movie theater and start yelling during a movie because it's private property just like CP is a privately-owned company. DaVe can make any friggin rules he wants.

Frreedom of speech isn't absolute kids. If you agreed to the terms of service of a private company and then continue to violate them, you should be tossed!! If you don't think so, encourage DaVe change the user agreement--simple as that.

PS

If anyone should be obeying the user agreement, it should at the very least be a so-called Moderator, which Saleen supposedly is.

Replace saleen with lolahotass and nycchic24 as Sports mods. :D

Originally posted by funketeer

Are you a racist? Try this hood on, I just want to see how good it fits you.

kkkhood.jpg

peace to you all :cool:

omg ur a fucking douchebag :laugh:

just b/c he used that word in no way implies he's part of the KKK...you fucking idiot, that was a stupid remark

Originally posted by saleen351

This is great…

We have a register member named Moley, but the word nigga is more offensive??? Get your head out of your ass…. Look at da jews location… is that not offensive? You simply attack me cause people read my posts. You claim it is cause I’m white. If I was black not one person would say a god dam thing. Its cause I’m the saleen and I simply get the most attention. The word guido use to be offensive, but us Italians simply don’t care, we are too busy waxing your wives and girlfriends. If you don’t like it ban me, I will not change it!!!!!!!!!! Dave you know where I’ll be if you ban me. Before I got here this board was slow, and dave you don’t make money on slow boards…End of story…

The word nigga is said on the radio all the time.. Hot 97 says it all the time… but man when Jlo said it on her album the blacks sure got pissed cause she’s a Rican… so we should have word discrimination based on color?

DO NOT REPLY UNLESS YOU CAN EXPLAIN TO ME THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN:

MOLEY AND NIGGA

AND

Location: TEMPLE ISRAEL WITH MY AK47 GUNNING DOWN PALESTINIANS

UNTIL YOU CAN EFFECTLY TELL WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS, THEN PEOPLE DON’T POST. YOU ARE ALL FOOLS IF YOU THING THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.

If moley is accepted and not offensive please change my name to Nigga351…. And I’ll take the word nigga out of my location.

Don’t you think its funny after 9-11 every one had anti muslim things in their sigs, and towel head comments, but it wasn’t a big deal. So in times of crisis, its ok to to use those words? Maybe I’ll just wait till Africa attacks us… Then the word nigga would be accepted…

And dave why didn't you post that you said qoute " I don't mind the word "nigga" in your location"....

and as I typed this i had a rap station on. to quote Ja rule or what ever stunad was rapping:

nigga what? playa playa

hey Saleen....just wanted to know...what are u trying to get across by using the term "nigga" in your profile??

as a person of color that lives in this country...i have had to deal with racism all in my 21 years of living....not that i'm expecting some type of "pity" from others who read my post....but i can tell you that i do not use the term myself to anyone (including people of the same race as i)....it's just offensive....just like other ignorant terms used to classify other races.....so please do not use that excuse just because you hear many african-american rappers use the "term" or it's on radio and whatnot...does'nt actually make it ok......the term is just ignorant and unecessary to be used in any sense....thanks for reading

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by djshaned

hey Saleen....just wanted to know...what are u trying to get across by using the term "nigga" in your profile??

as a person of color that lives in this country...i have had to deal with racism all in my 21 years of living....not that i'm expecting some type of "pity" from others who read my post....but i can tell you that i do not use the term myself to anyone (including people of the same race as i)....it's just offensive....just like other ignorant terms used to classify other races.....so please do not use that excuse just because you hear many african-american rappers use the "term" or it's on radio and whatnot...does'nt actually make it ok......the term is just ignorant and unecessary to be used in any sense....thanks for reading

well I do agree with you, the black memebers of my family feel the same way. My cousins are black, and if those little fockers start saying it, there 4 big cousins will regulate. When I used the word Nigga, i used it to describe the hip hop element in south beach. Nothing more nothing less...

would this be ok with everyone.

y not make a date for making racist werds not allowed, so equal enforcement could be done afterward and people cant say they didnt know.

step 1. list all obscene words that would get u banned

step 2. say after this date all people using those werds get banned moderated whatever.

wouldnt that be the eziest solution?

Originally posted by saleen351

if blacks want respect from the masses, and if they want people to stop using the term, then stop using it yourself... we emulate that shit you idiots spew in your rap songs... when the chronic dropped in 90 or 91 the term be och was every where, and it ain't going away... blame your self not us... you morons water down the term and when someone like me uses it, all of sudden i'm the next hitler! WTF???? Go to any mall in America and I will bet money, 3 black kids are sitting on a bench calling each other nigga or nigger...

if you took what i said as an insult then you need to re think where I hear that term the most. My father and mother would smack us if me and my brothers said that in their house. So where did i learn it? From blacks, not whites...

BE OCH!

and for those who dont' know the full story, i used nigga to describe the bling bling hip hoppers that ruined the beach... thats it, nothing more nothing less.. until GA cried like a bitch..

For the record as a black man, I don't use the word in ANY format. Whether you consider it slang or not and frankly, it pains me when I here other black people using it too. I don't give a fuck how cool or acceptable you think it is, but in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS it is NOT! I'm sorry, you can try and doll up the argument as much as you want to, but that's not gonna change the fact that my parents were shot at and blasted with high powered water fighting in the streets for the right not to hear that shit on a daily basis. It's offensive. Period. I use this board and like the pople here. I don't use the term and would hope in such a forum I wouldn't have to hear it.

I don't use terms like guido or moley or anything else. So does that mean it's okay for you to say that stuff around me or my friend? Am I supposed to just sit back and hear it and go "Well...it's okay...some other people say it, so I guess I'll have to forgive them for it..." FUck that.

I'm a firm believer in free speech. However, when someones right to free speech a.) supercedes an agreement they already made and b.) supercedes my right to enjoy myself without having to hear racisit epitets wrapped up in the cellophane of pop culture, there's a serious problem.

Grow the fuck up and realize that you can't always get what you want and that to exist in NORMAL society there are rules of courtesy and conduct that need to be followed. Get over yourself.

-KuroKuma the Black Bear

Originally posted by kurokuma

For the record as a black man, I don't use the word in ANY format. Whether you consider it slang or not and frankly, it pains me when I here other black people using it too. I don't give a fuck how cool or acceptable you think it is, but in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS it is NOT! I'm sorry, you can try and doll up the argument as much as you want to, but that's not gonna change the fact that my parents were shot at and blasted with high powered water fighting in the streets for the right not to hear that shit on a daily basis. It's offensive. Period. I use this board and like the pople here. I don't use the term and would hope in such a forum I wouldn't have to hear it.

I don't use terms like guido or moley or anything else. So does that mean it's okay for you to say that stuff around me or my friend? Am I supposed to just sit back and hear it and go "Well...it's okay...some other people say it, so I guess I'll have to forgive them for it..." FUck that.

I'm a firm believer in free speech. However, when someones right to free speech a.) supercedes an agreement they already made and b.) supercedes my right to enjoy myself without having to hear racisit epitets wrapped up in the cellophane of pop culture, there's a serious problem.

Grow the fuck up and realize that you can't always get what you want and that to exist in NORMAL society there are rules of courtesy and conduct that need to be followed. Get over yourself.

-KuroKuma the Black Bear

\

The majority of blacks are not like you and they never tried better themselves. The majority of blacks have a chip on the shoulder and do nothing but think America owes them shit because they where slave traded. But the realty of it is, is that the biggest slave traders in Africa WHERE BLACK. But no one talks about this. They use an excuse like: "I deserve this job because I am a minority and I my ancestors where slave traded" The only way a people can get better as a group is to bring them selves up with education and self improvement. I have been called a raciest so many times its starting to get funny to me. But when it comes down to it I don’t think any different of blacks or whites there skin color is the only difference and as many times as I Have been beat up growing up by blacks and even though my mother was beat down in front of me by blacks in linden NJ just because she was white when I was 8 I still give each person I meet a clean slate and a chance to be my friend. Ill give you this sure Nigger is a curse word but if your going to not allow that to be said then You better not let any one say Fuck,shit,damn or any other curse words because those are extremely offensive to me as a catholic. Oh and you better take down the "Webster hell" banner because that also offends me that your promoting such a hellish thing.

Anthony -The fat monkey

\

The majority of blacks are not like you and they never tried better themselves. The majority of blacks have a chip on the shoulder and do nothing but think America owes them shit because they where slave traded. But the realty of it is, is that the biggest slave traders in Africa WHERE BLACK. But no one talks about this. They use an excuse like: "I deserve this job because I am a minority and I my ancestors where slave traded" The only way a people can get better as a group is to bring them selves up with education and self improvement. I have been called a raciest so many times its starting to get funny to me. But when it comes down to it I don’t think any different of blacks or whites there skin color is the only difference and as many times as I Have been beat up growing up by blacks and even though my mother was beat down in front of me by blacks in linden NJ just because she was white when I was 8 I still give each person I meet a clean slate and a chance to be my friend. Ill give you this sure Nigger is a curse word but if your going to not allow that to be said then You better not let any one say Fuck,shit,damn or any other curse words because those are extremely offensive to me as a catholic. Oh and you better take down the "Webster hell" banner because that also offends me that your promoting such a hellish thing.

Anthony -The fat monkey

webster hell:laugh: :laugh: dude your too much

Anthony -The fat monkey

Okay...I don't know where to begin on this one.

First of all...for someone who says they take everyone on their individual merits, so sure speak in generalities.

You say..."The majority of blacks are not like you and they never tried better themselves. The majority of blacks have a chip on the shoulder and do nothing but think America owes them shit because they where slave traded."

Have you ever been to an inner city school? Have you ever hung out in the ghetto? You say that most never tried to better themselves. Gimme a break...I don't know what country you're living in, but if you want to try and argue that there hasn't been a distinct culture built around keeping things this way, then you're living in a dream world.

You also say..."But the realty of it is, is that the biggest slave traders in Africa WHERE BLACK. But no one talks about this. "

People talk about it plenty. Read more of the history my friend. A lot of this trading was done at musket point. I'm well aware of the history. Are you?

You further say..."They use an excuse like: "I deserve this job because I am a minority and I my ancestors where slave traded" The only way a people can get better as a group is to bring them selves up with education and self improvement."

I think you missed the point and larger picture of what affirmative action and the like meant. Don't get me wrong...I believe people should get what they deserve and not be overlooked based on superficial merits of others. HOWEVER, the larger point of it all is that there is a system in place that prevents a lot of minority men and women from fairly and equiatably finding work and obtaining and education. And having lost a job at a bar because the management said "I was beinging too much black clientele to the bar..." I can tell you...this ain't an illusion.

You say..."Ill give you this sure Nigger is a curse word but if your going to not allow that to be said then You better not let any one say Fuck,shit,damn or any other curse words because those are extremely offensive to me as a catholic. "

Excuse me? A curse word? It isn't a curse word. It's much more than a curse word. It's a word of Hate and Disrespect that has been such for hundreds of years. What world are you living in dude. I'm sorry...no matter how you try to write it or make it seem, it's wrong. Period. There is no argument that can justify it. If I walked up to a white man and said "Yo...what's up my Honky" Would that be okay? Is that acceptable? I don't think so.

One thing you still haven't grasped, it's less to do with race and culture, it's about respect. Respect for those who don't want to be demoralized and disrecpects based on the color of their skin.

Further as a gay man, it pisses me off to hear people use terms like "That's so gay!" or call other people fags or the like.

It is DISRESPECTFUL. And that should be more than enough to hear someone telling you it ain't cool to stop trying to argue it as okay and just stop doing it.

-Grizz

\

Anthony -The fat monkey

slavery had existed for centuries, before the first slaves came to america. in Africa there were many kingdoms and slavery was legal. when Europeans came to Africa, slavery there already existed. although many people think that most slaves were stolen or caught by slave traders, this is not the truth. europeans bought most slaves from other African people, with Spain being the biggest purveyor of slaves. often rival tribes sold into slavery members of other tribes they captured during wars. this is not a news flash. although it is not covered in your standard history courses; it is covered in any teaching of African –American history. yes it is often not discussed, in African-American social circles. but then again is slavery often spoke of in the Egyptian, Greek, or Italian cultures; even though they where active participants, in the selling of there own people into slavery as well ??

your generalization that African-Americans walk around with a chip on there shoulder; is incorrect. it’s this type of misunderstanding, and assuming which spawns hatred and intolerance. not only of African- Americans, but other ethnic and social groups as well.why do you think most states have enacted "Hate Crime " laws? ignorance fosters in tolerance..

yeah tell me why are there hate crimes?

Did you ever see the South Park about hate crimes?

:confused:

THe show actually made a good point. IF you do something bad to some one like shoot them why would it matter if you did not like there race. The crime is out of hate regardless of racism and should be penialized and prosacuted in the same matter.

I can’t tell you why there are hate crimes. however I can only assume hate crimes laws, have been enacted by states to give a classification of a crime. much the same as the charge of murder, has several classifications and the penalties will vary based on that classification. most state laws start with this definition"Hate crimes are defined as crimes motivated by a "negative bias against persons, property, or organizations based solely on race, religion, ethnicity/national origin, sexual orientation, or disability." If a victim of a crime is chosen primarily because of any of these characteristics, it is considered a crime motivated by hate" admittedly very vague, but one can only assume it’s authors wanted to address issues; which they thought current legislation was not addressing.