Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha sucked

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't go but what's up with this guy???

I bought his new album that Air swan gdaggercrap and it bluuuuu.

This guy went down hill after he busted his ear......

I hate to hear that ROXY which is doing a graet job bringing in talent had a disapointing night. We all know who is coming to bless our ears with his musical bliss MR PAUL VAN DYK.......

NOV1ST ENOUGH SAID

Originally posted by hotcheme

i don't know where you guys were last night - sasha was amazing for me. one of my best nights ever.

You're crazy. I've heard Sasha many many times since the Twilo days. That was one of the worst performances, if not the worst I've ever heard.

Well at least I know Carl Cox never disappoints. :cool:

Originally posted by phatman

yes, yes...clarification is in order...you cant just say he sucked or was great without supporting evidence...give us something...

POOR track selection (not what I'm used to hearing from Sasha), mediocre mixing, several trainwrecks throughout the night. I could go on and on, but I need some sleep.

Originally posted by GrammarPolice

POOR track selection (not what I'm used to hearing from Sasha), mediocre mixing, several trainwrecks throughout the night. I could go on and on, but I need some sleep.

WHAT TRAINWRECKS?

:confused:

Jimmy van m was trainwrecking all over the place...but i dont recall one trainwreck from sasha...maybe you have the two confused...:idea:

i notice a lot of people talking shit about sasha these days..

its interesting, b/c they all sight the "not what he was great for.. etc. etc. "

and heard a lot of complaints about the album as well.. people need to realize that its an album to showcase his artistic ability.. just b/c its "not a banger" or not necessarily every track is twilo 8am quality does mean its sucks.. wavvy gravvy is a siiiiiiiick track imo.. musically, far superior to the majority of all electronic music out there today...

the official review, fuck wut they all said!

I HAD A GREAT TIME.

SASHA WAS MUCH MORE ON A PROGRESSIVE HOUSE TIP THAN ANYTHING ELSE, THATS 100% TRUE.

WITHOUT A QUESTION, HAD ME MOVING THE WHOLE TIME, JUST BEAUTIFUL BEATS NON-STOP. AND REALLY NON-STOP!

NOT TO MANY OF THOSE PROGRESSIVE PYSCH BEATS BUILDING UP, BUT AS I SAID, MORE OF A NYC PROGRESSIVE HOUSE SET.

FOR THE STYLE THAT HE CHOSE TO SPIN LAST NIGHT, HE DID A VERY GOOD JOB. THATS WHAT MAKES HIM GREAT, MULTI-STYLE... KEEPS YOU GUESSIN WHATS NEXT!

THE CROWD WAS BEAUTIFUL AND VERY VERY INTO IT. THERE WAS A NICE AMOUNT OF ROOM TO CHILL, BUT AT PEAK, THE FLOOR LOOKED FULL, ALLINALL, VERY COMFY.

ENDED JUST ABOUT 6:40 OR SO AND I WAS GONNA CRY... VINYL AND SF SPOILED ME I GUESS, BUT A GREAT TIME WITHOUT A DOUBT!

SFhat

LuV

RaZ

do you think it has to do with it being in the roxy? i did not go because i don't like the venue. i feel like i am in a teen club. maybe it was the vibe you felt around you...and not sasha himself....i think he is wonderful. for me to even debate on going to the roxy to see him should say it all.

Originally posted by PFloyd40

i notice a lot of people talking shit about sasha these days..

its interesting, b/c they all sight the "not what he was great for.. etc. etc. "

and heard a lot of complaints about the album as well.. people need to realize that its an album to showcase his artistic ability.. just b/c its "not a banger" or not necessarily every track is twilo 8am quality does mean its sucks.. wavvy gravvy is a siiiiiiiick track imo.. musically, far superior to the majority of all electronic music out there today...

exactly............ hes tryin something different every1s use to him playin like he did in twilo didn t u read the flier "album tour" so it ain t gonna be like it was back in the day...tho did he play xpander like he did at arc?:confused:

i am in fucking pain. and yes i had seen him in twilo and fucking threw it down last night. face it you guys, the days of sasha in twilo are over, like people, he moves on.

i dont do the same shit i did 5 years ago, life moves on. if he stuck to the same style he did in his twilo days, those same people that critique him now because he isnt like he was at twilo would critique him because he had not changed his style and spun something else after 5 years.

move on.

great mixing, started of a bit mellow, but moved to harder stuff for the last 3hrs. no cowpander.

i wished he wouldve thrown in a bit more breaks though. $35 well spent.

i dunno, but seeing an exit2 thingy in someones sig got me thinking, if you guys are into trance, then that would explain why you probably did not like sasha last night.

shit, if i dont like techno, last place i would be would be seeing slater, vath, carola or any techno party. i happen to like progressive, breaks, techno and really think that sasha's set last night was great. i dont happen to like a lot of trance out there today, so if i wouldve gone to tiesto last week, i probably wouldve wrote stuff saying how tiesto sucked.

Hmmm... Seems like I didn't miss that much. I would have liked to go, but I stayed local last night.

IMO Airdrawndagger is a very tight album, one of my favorites of all time. No it isn't "banging," but its a nice chill out album.

So basically Sasha spun from 2:30 - 6:40. 4 hours is kind of weak if you ask me. Glad to hear it wasn't too overcrowded.

I'm holding out for PVD. :cool: