Clubplanet Nightlife Community

your favorite local DJ's and why - just curious

herby

To each his own, don't feel the need to justify it :)

I can give credit to a good trance DJ as much as a good house DJ. I'm awaiting Picotto believe it or not! Though he's not considered trance anymore from what I gather...

If you get me doing my patented camera dance, you're a good DJ in my book. :)

in no particular order:

1. Oscar G....(my personal fav.)

2. Edgar V. (great all around dj, and a good guy)

3. Ariel Baund...(really does need more exposure)

4. Roland....(i think he's most underated dj in miami)

5. Luis Diaz....(wicked sets at crobar)

6. Markus Schulz....(amazing sets he throws down on the Global Dj Broadcast. Will have a residency somewhere in Miami in Dec.)

Thanks to POD, Mengy, PI, and MimiD for the nod!!!

My votes must go to the following:

Sean Bauzay - with his generally strong background in Music, he has an inherent gift for set composition and key matching producing a good flow in his sets. Being a drummer at heart (and wicked one at that!!!), his beat-matching skills are top-notch. He likes playing hefty tracks that i just love dancing to on the floor...and to boot, he makes one hell of a tag-team partner on the decks as well!!!

DHM - For a weekday Lounge type vibe, I prefer nothing more to listen to the DHM boys throw down the mad grooves. I've always had a great time whenever they are involved in the equation.

Le Spam and the Spam All-Stars - This crew gets my vote for having the most unique show in town. Like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get when these guys are on the bill. An interesting combination of chunky beats with an ever changing array of live musicians jamming to Latin Grooves makes for a wicked Miami Flavored Showcase.

Edgar V. - Gotta give credit to Edgar for being one of the standout headline DJ's from Miami. His peakhour sets always work the floor like puppets on a string. I appreciate his attitude as a person...very down-to-earth and willing to help others.

Phrankadelic - Seen this cat play once at Tantra and really dig his ecclectic style. He may not get as many gigs as a result, but I highly respect the fact that he holds firm to his style. He's got a great energy about him and puts forth a great collection and diverse group of tracks in his sets and is ideal for intimate, lavishly decored settings (just like Tantra!)

Stryke - I gotta hand it to him...he was trying to bring in talent that was slightly off kilter as far as the mainstream is concerned...a reflection of his own style and it's a shame Ongaku had to end its run so prematurely. I tend to like those types of DJ's that stray from the beaten path and Stryke has always been that way. Best of luck to you Greg!

This is all I can Squeze in at work today!

Peace,

FX

• 2 years later...

Since I never replied back then, I'll do it now (in no particular order)

-lyrik

-Jimmy T.

-Vaughan Lazar

-Sheldon Prince

-David Solero

-Jason Wiggill

-Stryke

-Domingo Castillo

-Alan Stenback

-Mirza

-DHM (all 3 but especially Steven)

-Eric Kitel

:D

Local DJ's don't get much love , unless of course you happen to land a gig @ a super club, ala Space.

Most people will not go out & stay @ a club if there is only a local Dj playing, (besides their own friends of course) etc...

It's all about the image they percieve of these over seas Dj's like they are somehow larger than life, when really they are no better (some worse) than most local talent I've seen around here. They wipe their ass just like everyone else.

Publicity & heavy promotion sells. There are a lot of good DJ's around that could hang with any of these guys but when it comes down to it,

A.) they don't have time to promote themselves & kiss ass around the clock to get gigs,

B.) local clubs won't even bat an eye at them unless they can get 5 g's @ the bar, & that's a @ a small club...

c.) they're fed up with A & B

Oh & D.) they're agency ceases to exist & deosn't get them any gigs...

Sound bitter?

I'm not :sperm:

old threat ...nice topic though ....its always good to give props to the locals here in MIAMI....

sucks that locals here arent treated like the over seas guestsss ...and man we do have TALENT in this town .....

Luis Diaz ( groovejet memories ... this man got me into it ..the mentor..lol )

Murk ( Oscar n Ralph ) Massive talentsss!!!

Roland .... good guy ..bad ass dj ..tru to his sound

Stryke ....tru pioneeer ..mad skillsss

Jon Cowan ....mr bliss....bit time influence back @ nerve n groovejet...

Austin Leeds .... bad ass producer ... another big time influence

R-fresh ...old skool legend...

Dj craze .... this guy is the shiit!!! wow!!

Jimmy T ..... my bud ...truelly a talent on the wheels of steel

Dj fx....always telling u a story with his beatzz n skillsss

Arieal Baund ....great producer ...

Wendel

Merlyn

Ash-rock

Diaga .... he is just getting started ....=)

Michael Louis... mad talent !!

Groove ERic .... tru to his sound ...cool guy ..n knows how to rock a crowd

Lyrik .... always down ..always funky ..tru to his sound too..respectss!!

Sean Drake

Kurtis PAtrick ....this guy knows his shit....

Sean Bauzay..TALENT man!!

Sean Rudnick

Mirza ... good luck man !! ..

Andrew Chibale.... keep on truckin and making those peepz dance .... lol..

Becha ... talent!! watch out for him ...

Edgar V ...enough said ..!!! props for puttin Miami on the map kid!!

In no particular order:

Oscar G(Rocked it back then and only getting better)

Ivano (still the man no matter what, he put the patio on the map)

Diaga(His style is unique, mysterious, progressive, a little twisted, but with a rhythmic and energetic flow)

Parantula(these 2 combined are and explosive combination, Anthems Galore)

GrooveEric(what can I say the man has given me the alternative I thought I would never have)

Local DJ's don't get much love , unless of course you happen to land a gig @ a super club, ala Space.

Most people will not go out & stay @ a club if there is only a local Dj playing, (besides their own friends of course) etc...

It's all about the image they percieve of these over seas Dj's like they are somehow larger than life, when really they are no better (some worse) than most local talent I've seen around here. They wipe their ass just like everyone else.

Publicity & heavy promotion sells. There are a lot of good DJ's around that could hang with any of these guys but when it comes down to it,

A.) they don't have time to promote themselves & kiss ass around the clock to get gigs,

B.) local clubs won't even bat an eye at them unless they can get 5 g's @ the bar, & that's a @ a small club...

c.) they're fed up with A & B

Oh & D.) they're agency ceases to exist & deosn't get them any gigs...

Sound bitter?

I'm not :sperm:

So True!

Dave Preston - this guy tore up Privilege numerous times and his show on Proton is pretty sick.

Jimmy T - great guy, talented DJ. His choice of tunes is mind-blowing.

Alan Stenback - another great guy and a versatile DJ. Mad props for tearing it up @ Ivy on the opening night.

Sebastian C - seen him twice and he was great both times.

Eric Kitel - made huge progress since his residency at Slak. His RadioMotion sets are fresh and productions keep getting better and better.

I'd feature more technically great DJs but I won't until you stop playing entire 'Subliminal' catologue and other overplayed crowd pleasers. :D