Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Van Dyk at Roxy - Friday, 11/1/02

DaVe

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not going to the TA meetup are you? Don't let BobG get you too fucked up... you gotta be SOMEWHAT coherent for the madness that PvD is gonna bring.

And for everyone's pleasure... you can go to www.loveparade.tk and get a documentary about PvD. It's a big file and all in German(only picked up on about 30% of what was said) but still pretty cool to watch if you're a PvD nut like me.

Originally posted by digitaldan

You're not going to the TA meetup are you? Don't let BobG get you too fucked up... you gotta be SOMEWHAT coherent for the madness that PvD is gonna bring.

And for everyone's pleasure... you can go to www.loveparade.tk and get a documentary about PvD. It's a big file and all in German(only picked up on about 30% of what was said) but still pretty cool to watch if you're a PvD nut like me.

fuck TA.

Thats so f'in sad.......I really wanted to see PVD too. I havn't seen him since the Twilo days (yes, back when it was $30 for 8 hrs) and I thought Roxy would be the only club in the city that would accomodate the crowd he draws now......but $50?

I'd rather get buttfucked by a Kentucky Derby racehorse than get buttfucked by money grubbin promoters and owners that care nothing more than to make a buck.........

I'll go when I get comped.....if not then everyone else have a blast cause I'll stay local, listen to some house dj earlier in the night, cruise downtown and be myself.....and still spend less than $50 and still go home and get with the same chick I was gonna get with anyways.....

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Thats so f'in sad.......I really wanted to see PVD too. I havn't seen him since the Twilo days (yes, back when it was $30 for 8 hrs) and I thought Roxy would be the only club in the city that would accomodate the crowd he draws now......but $50?

I'd rather get buttfucked by a Kentucky Derby racehorse than get buttfucked by money grubbin promoters and owners that care nothing more than to make a buck.........

I'll go when I get comped.....if not then everyone else have a blast cause I'll stay local, listen to some house dj earlier in the night, cruise downtown and be myself.....and still spend less than $50 and still go home and get with the same chick I was gonna get with anyways.....

Lil' Kim is performing at Exit on Friday night you know...only $35....I mean, its not Twilo, but it'll be a sick night nontheless

Parking is not bad but i prefer to park in the residential area of chelsea whre teh brownstone are.Roxy is great nightclub.The soundsytem is awesome ive been to twilo befre the phazon was installed and after what a diffrence.Roxy is One of the hottest nights going on fri.Twilo used to it.I saw sasha and digweed there.I missed that club.The Rumor on Twilo Space MIami put a bid on Twilo and across the street is rumored crowbar ny.Same nightclub in MIami crobar miami.I think they on the same block.Fri after i leave Roxy going to cruz the old twilo area to see what the buzz is about.The tunnel will never opend up but limelight to opening up.

Wass up with exit fridays why dont they get rid of toney Draper he sucks.I like House and hip hop music.But Toney does not now house musc at all.friday night i hang in the hip hop room with rIZ and talk to him he does a party at spa sat.Riz hjas skills and ke knows his music.I think toney is overated and wass up with Sf fridays and Sat.Cant wait PVD This Fri.

Originally posted by rbert

Wass up with exit fridays why dont they get rid of toney Draper he sucks.I like House and hip hop music.But Toney does not now house musc at all.friday night i hang in the hip hop room with rIZ and talk to him he does a party at spa sat.Riz hjas skills and ke knows his music.I think toney is overated and wass up with Sf fridays and Sat.Cant wait PVD This Fri.

:rolleyes: uh oh here we go...:blown:

Why are you guy's complaining about the price????????

These guy's don't make alot of money on record sales because of On-line file sharing so I can understand them charging more at the door.

Look at it this way you are going to see show or concert but you get to look at half naked chicks and get banged up for 8 hours I think 50 bucks is cheap and I am not trying to sound like a big shot......

Originally posted by bigmahs

Why are you guy's complaining about the price????????

These guy's don't make alot of money on record sales because of On-line file sharing so I can understand them charging more at the door.

Look at it this way you are going to see show or concert but you get to look at half naked chicks and get banged up for 8 hours I think 50 bucks is cheap and I am not trying to sound like a big shot......

:laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by roninmess

yes.

telling me pvd doesnt make a lot of money because of mp3s is like telling me bill gates doesnt make any money because of IBM

nO BRO, HE STILL MAKES LOOT BUT YOU HAVE TO AGREE THAT kAZAA AND nAPSTER HAVE HURT THE MUSIC INDUSTRY NO...

i

Originally posted by djjonstephen

I'll stay local, listen to some house dj earlier in the night, cruise downtown and be myself.....and still spend less than $50 and still go home and get with the same chick I was gonna get with anyways.....

yup thats my plan too... ive only seen pvd a few times but was never really impressed with his dj skillz... His music is actually really beautiful, so with good ills them kidz will be in Heaven... but the $50 admission is a complete rip.

oh and be yourself will not feature the one and only but rather a couple of good replacements this week (including Anthony DeVito and Geoff Gainnes) and the crowd is sometimes better that way! c ya there... :hat:

djjonstephen, haha now that is the best reply on here. You say,

Jin22, I read that Exit paid PVD 60,000 to 80,000 when he was there in June. I would say, he's getting paid atleast 60,000.

Last time I saw PVD was at Exit-the worst club in NYC- and it was soooo crowded no matter where you went, and Exit is a huge club. I can't even imagine how crowded PVD at Roxy is gonna be. I suggest getting there early to avoid the mob at the door. Does anyone know how security is there. Last time I was at Roxy they made everyone, including us girls, take our shoes off, and so obviously we had to leave!!! Don't want that to happen again, especially after spending $50 pm tickets!

I have been a PVD fan for many years, I've seen him in 4 different countries. No doubt he is off the hook however he rocked at Twilo much better for $25. The last party was the best ever, I think I'll quit while I'm ahead... NUFF SAID

Originally posted by triple5

Last time I saw PVD was at Exit-the worst club in NYC- and it was soooo crowded no matter where you went, and Exit is a huge club. I can't even imagine how crowded PVD at Roxy is gonna be. I suggest getting there early to avoid the mob at the door. Does anyone know how security is there. Last time I was at Roxy they made everyone, including us girls, take our shoes off, and so obviously we had to leave!!! Don't want that to happen again, especially after spending $50 pm tickets!

OH NO, NOT YOUR SHOES!! :shake:

Dan no it is not $60 at the door. Who is the idiot that told you that?

Price is $50 and is staying as such. If people have a problem with the price I feel for you however I still say salary capping these DJs will prevent these problems.

And I hate to tell you "Twilo-ites" these same event promoter that were responsible for Fridays at Twilo. Back at Twilo didn't have to pay rental fees, and were supported by the venue. This is not the case here. Made is doing this with their own money. And their own promotional team. I have to respect that. They have earned my $50.

ROXY searches your shoe?.. is this true?? damn..

also how much would the price go down if we use the guest list?? 45$? also do u guys think its gonna be jammed pack tomorrow nite?? so packed that u cant even move around?? and takes u 30minutes to take a piss(for the guys).?? lol... how many people could roxy hold and would they stop allowing people in after a certain amount of people have gone in.?