Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Danny Tenaglia at Limelight

I find it amusing that whenever Danny plays somewhere in NYC, other than at 6 Hubert St, suddenly there's a massive excitement about it... as if it's going to be twice as magical and the records will glow when he puts them on the decks.

Sheesh, he's just being himself at another venue for a night ;) No biggie.

Originally posted by cintron

I find it amusing that whenever Danny plays somewhere in NYC, other than at 6 Hubert St, suddenly there's a massive excitement about it...

Well my friend alot of people like myself don't want to go to vynil or arc ar what ever you call it. So when we get to hear him somewhere else we get excited. Hence thier being a bigger promotion and more excitement about it.;)

Originally posted by hometeam

does limelight even have a afterhours license?

Well never heard of this License shit... But He mentioned the party Starts at 10:00pm And ends around 8:00am He will be spinning all 10 hours...

I am still wondering what kind of sound system they put into LimeLight... And being that it will be the BE YOURSELF staff for the night I am wondering if it will be the BE YOURSELF dress code...

Who knows... He has said more details to follow...

The only detail I am sure of is that I am there...

Peace..

Scott

Originally posted by therealjr

Not to people like me pal.

I don't want to spend my time in that hot ass dumpy venue.

I don't care who suppsedly put what soundsystem in the spot or what art is hanging around.

I'ld rather be myself at my place.

Preach all ya want. The place is a dump.

If you want, we can give you a bottle of Ajax and some handi-wipes at the door :D

Also a body condom, so that you won't get the "lower class skank" all over you from us cretons ;)

I said nothing about class levels of any1 or anything.

I have a lot of friends and whatnot that go thier religously, I just don't like the place. It's too hot and it' a dump. It hard to have fun in a place where i am not comfortable.

I think that your comments say alot about you though. May be it's a self esteem thing or maybe you aren't 1 of those people who use drugs and you know where the drug use puts you on the social scale.

sorry.......

but you cant be to Elite on the Manhattan Elite scale if your from Jersey.....

and limelight wasent a dump....

it was a creepy ass church.....LOL

With a shitty crowd after 1996........

and with 3.5mill invested in it....and EVERYTHING RIPPED OUT AND RE DONE......it aint a creepy ass church no more...its a palace, more like.... its Cute...

still wondering about Sound.......Heard rumor to it being markos Venatalli........from Spain?

I think that your comments say alot about you though. May be it's a self esteem thing or maybe you aren't 1 of those people who use drugs and you know where the drug use puts you on the social scale.

well i'm just kiddding around, but as for comments about drug use... i'm curious to know how you think drug use affects where i stand on a "social scale"... or how it in any way relates to my self esteem.

I find it amusing that whenever Danny plays somewhere in NYC, other than at 6 Hubert St, suddenly there's a massive excitement about it... as if it's going to be twice as magical and the records will glow when he puts them on the decks.

I kinda agree..

Well basically IMO he always turns it out at another venue and puts on a great show. Sometimes I like the shit he drops at other venues more so than on a regular Arc/Vinyl night.

I somewhat agree with the fact that ppl get hyped when he's spinning out of vinyl, for whatever reason, but its justified. He played a hell of a great nite @ brazil, sf, and even world:blown:

point is, I cant wait for dt @ limelight, should be VERY interesting to see what they have done to the place (I was last there for a drama party in January(?)) and what he is gonna do there :D

Originally posted by jaysea

sorry.......

but you cant be to Elite on the Manhattan Elite scale if your from Jersey.....

and limelight wasent a dump....

it was a creepy ass church.....LOL

With a shitty crowd after 1996........

and with 3.5mill invested in it....and EVERYTHING RIPPED OUT AND RE DONE......it aint a creepy ass church no more...its a palace, more like.... its Cute...

still wondering about Sound.......Heard rumor to it being markos Venatalli........from Spain?

Were you reading this thread or did you just put anything? ?

I called Arc a dump you moron.. . .AAAAAAAnd I never said i was on any elite class of anything. . . .Oh and by the way I loved limelight just the way it was.

well i'm just kiddding around, but as for comments about drug use... i'm curious to know how you think drug use affects where i stand on a "social scale"... or how it in any way relates to my self esteem.

Well drug use is unacceptable in a civilised society such as ours and depending on you drug of choice it definately puts you in a lower class level.

As for self esteem. . . .People with high self esteem and self respect won't damage thier bodies the way drug users do. . .And it's a fact that drugs effect seritonine and other parts of the brain that make you more depressed and think even lower of yourself.

But i bet you knew all that.

Well drug use is unacceptable in a civilised society such as ours and depending on you drug of choice it definately puts you in a lower class level.

As for self esteem. . . .People with high self esteem and self respect won't damage thier bodies the way drug users do. . .And it's a fact that drugs effect seritonine and other parts of the brain that make you more depressed and think even lower of yourself.

But i bet you knew all that.

I don't use drugs. I don't look down on people who do.

Everyone has their own reasons to do as they wish on their nights out and choosing whether or not to take a substance to alter their experience does not make them any more or less of a person for doing so, in my view.

I can see how someone with low self-esteem can use drugs as a means to escape, to punish themselves or a myriad of other reasons... but such is not always the case. The same could be said of an alcoholic or a smoker...

but on my weekends, the absolute last thing i'm thinking about is class structure and an imaginary social caste system, y'know?