Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD Review

PVD is a GOd, very very sick set,people were cool maybe some rude ones here and there..place looked nice system is getting Better soon it wil be perfect..Oh didnt i say PVD IS GOD, he tore shit up shit, it was nuts,My whole body hurts from going nuts....... PPPPPPPPPPPVVVVVVVVVVVVVDDDDDDDDDDD

LAST NIGHT WAS OK

I THOUGH PVD STAYED ON ONE LEVEL WITH MUSIC HE DIDENT GET REALLY HARD OR NUTIN, THE SYESTEM WAS MADDD LOW I DUNNO WHY ITS LIKE THAT

WHEN TIESTO WAS THERE IS WAS LOUDDDD

AND IT WAS WAYYY TOO PACKED BUT IT WAS AN OK NIGHT BUT I STILL THINK TIESTO WAS 10 TIMES BETTER

Originally posted by drunkhunk

LAST NIGHT WAS OK

I THOUGH PVD STAYED ON ONE LEVEL WITH MUSIC HE DIDENT GET REALLY HARD OR NUTIN, THE SYESTEM WAS MADDD LOW I DUNNO WHY ITS LIKE THAT

WHEN TIESTO WAS THERE IS WAS LOUDDDD

AND IT WAS WAYYY TOO PACKED BUT IT WAS AN OK NIGHT BUT I STILL THINK TIESTO WAS 10 TIMES BETTER

Tiesto?:rolleyes:

As far as I am concerned, PVD was unparalleled last night. It was like a religious experience for me. He was number two on my list, Tiesto being first, but has now moved into the number one spot. I was completely sober yet more into the zone than ever before. Van yDyk was so on point, track after track the beats got better and better. I was going on no sleep from Halloween and my legs were killing me, but I couldn't stop dancing. I honestly TRIED to leave..got my jacket and all..but then there was PVD pulling back onto the floor.

I was so impressed with his intensity and ability to connect with the crowd. True, there were way too many pushy jerks crowded into the place but that complaint means nothing when I look at the whole night. I wanted to catch Paul's eye..touch his hand, get a reaction or something but I can respect his groove.

I hear he is looking for a residency in NY, possibly the Roxy, is this true? And does anyone know where I can get the playlist from last night. I would LOVE to have the whole set live....

Let me shut up. Ich liebe PVD! Thanks in advance guys!

Here is partial track list from TranceAddict..

Mauro Picotto - Taub? 2002

Veit - Sky (Magik Muzik Dub)

Pulser - Cloudwalking (Beat Pushers Mix)

Viframa - Cristalle (DJ Precision meets Katana Mix)

Paul van Dyk - Nothing But You

Katoi - Touch You (Ralphie B Mix)

Paul van Dyk - Step Right On 2002

Paul van Dyk - Forbidden Fruit 2002 (OMFG AGAIN!)

Paul van Dyk vs. Delerium - Silent Angel (he loved this song. I`m shocked. I hate this!)

PvD - For an Angel (2002) (Hell Side Mighty Dub) <-- this was weird hrhr

PvD & Jan Johnston - I Don`t Care

Paul van Dyk - Out There <-- OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DIED SO HARD

PvD - Another Way

PvD - Tell Me Why (Vandit Mix Re-Edit)

PvD - Together We Will Conquer

Marco V - I Feel You (PvD Mix)

Rapid Eye - Circa Forever (R.E.Mix)

Second Wave - Spectrum <-- the Moskito label track

Sun Decade - I`m Alone (Ronski Speed Mix)

Sasha - Wavy Gravy (PvD Mix)

Klea - Tic Toc (PvD Re-Edit)

Spacefrog - Follow Me (PvD Cut)

Reeloop - Fucking Society (PvD Cut)

Second Sun - The Spell

P.O.S. - Remember (Summer Sun) <-- !!!

Ghostland vs. Sinead O`Connor (Second Sun Mix? or Unknown Remix?) <-- Bside of PvD on VANDIT020A

Emmanuel Top - Turkish Bazar (Reeloop Mix)

Umek - Gatex

Mauro Picotto - Taub?

Blank & Jones - Suburban Hell

Blank & Jones - Watching The Waves

Fichespooner - The 15th (Sono Mix)

Tillmann Uhrmacher - Friends

Age of Love - Age of Love (Mr. Sams Remix)

Lustral - Broken (Way Out West Mix)

the night was whack!! hated the crowd.. but it was kinda expected... also music was off the hook.. only thing i didnt like bout his set as compared to the rest i have heard from him.. is it wasnt at trancy as he past sets.. but overall thought the music was great... nice seein the couple of cp headz i know...

PVD @ roxy was great.!! the last 20minutes were the best.!!! i still have the ringing in my ears.. it was kinda packed but worth it... also worth every penny i spent on the ticket.. i felt bad for lewis diaz.. he sucked compared to PVD... lol..

second to last song of the night gaia-4 elements. he ended it light for us...but loved the deep stuff he spun...this set sounded a lot like the amnesia@ibiza set that was online...maybe he now thinks we can handle the deeper heavier stuff

overall good night...crowd, sound system and all

Originally posted by hawaiiguestlis

Here is partial track list from TranceAddict..

Paul van Dyk - Nothing But You

Paul van Dyk - Step Right On 2002

Paul van Dyk - Forbidden Fruit 2002 (OMFG AGAIN!)

Paul van Dyk vs. Delerium - Silent Angel (he loved this song. I`m shocked. I hate this!)

PvD - For an Angel (2002) (Hell Side Mighty Dub) <-- this was weird hrhr

PvD & Jan Johnston - I Don`t Care

Paul van Dyk - Out There <-- OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DIED SO HARD

PvD - Another Way

PvD - Tell Me Why (Vandit Mix Re-Edit)

PvD - Together We Will Conquer

Looks like he played a shitload of his own stuff, plus his re-mixes... Looking at the playlist, I wish I could have made it, but oh well.

Viaframa. That song is just unbelievable. I think Tiesto played it too.

Anyhow, hope he will be getting a residency soon. I wish there would be a bigger venue to accomodate the crowd. It is just so out of hand that you cannot move around!

PVD was amazing! I've never been disappointed in one of his sets. I thought the crowd was great as well. Meet some incredible people. I'm just starting to wake up and get my barings now. Hope to see you all next weekend for Deep Dish.

Originally posted by brianna41579

where is PVD next?

http://www.paulvandyk.de/lowres/service_news.asp

go down almost to the bottom

He wants to do a little tour of the different places in NYC.

Where else could he do it, that has enough main floor space (look at Sound Factory - all those rooms with the same music, but everyone wanted to be on the main floor and actually see PVD) and he hasn't played at yet?

I think Arc (on a Saturday) would be interesting, but it's probably a bit too small.

Same for Limelight if the new one is anything like the old one.

Does anyone know if the new Crobar is a viable option, if it does indeed ever open?

Edit: I just saw the post about Arc on Monday. For NYC, maybe he needs to do "unannounced" gigs from now on.

Me and my girlfriend went for our 2 year anniversary and he was amazing. We were both seeing him for the first time live and he tore Roxy apart. Yea it was crowded but it just added to the overall energy. We stayed from 1 till the end, and whoever left early really missed out. Thanks everyone for making last night so memorable. He even autographed my waterbottle as an added bonus.

Oh yea...does anyone have pictures from last night and if so can they post them or send a couple to graves962@aol.com. thanks again.

Originally posted by graves962

He even autographed my waterbottle as an added bonus.

LOL i've always wanted to get a water bottle signed. i brought the cd booklet from POD, and props to minneec for battling her way to the front to get it signed for me. you're the best!

politics.jpg

an incredible night, pvd gave us his all, the crowd was into it full force, the lights and lasers :eek: one thing they have to get... CO2 jets :D

met mike bugout and robin early in the night. jay was tearing it up front w/ the light shows. very nice :aright: hopefully, some pix from the evening to follow.

Originally posted by hotcheme

PVD was incredible - i met soo many ppl and got my ass kicked by his set. i spent every last dollar i had to go last night and will have to take lunch to work the rest of this week because of it. and it was worth every penny.

props to a true pvd fan :aright: