Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Local DJ Record Store Is Closing .....

DJWET

That's right closing for GOOD !!!! Gee I wonder why ???? Can we say because of free mp3 file trading .... But anyway my friend Steve has owned Smiley's for 6 years .... Looks like the store will be completely closed the end of December 2002 early January 2003 .... He has NO CHOICE !!!! Here are the prices of domestic vinyl and import vinyl .... He has cd singles and import cd singles too .... About 20,000 pieces on vinyl .... Maybe you're looking for an extra vinyl copy that you played the death out of that you can't find anymore .... Give Steve a call and tell him Wayne ( DJ WET ) gave you the info .... I'm gonna really miss Steve and his Record Store .... Very Very Sad :( :(

Domestic Vinyl : $ 3.99

Import Vinyl : $ 6.99

Smiley's Records

1808 Route 37 East Fiesta Plaza

Toms River , New Jersey 08753

Phone Number ( 732 ) 270 - D I S C ( 3 4 7 2 )

Originally posted by thehype

Say it ain't so....

I fuckin loved that store. Steve always took care of his customers.

Dam now I gotta go down there

THIS FREAKING SUCKS MAN... THIS REALLY REALLY SUCKS. SMILEYS WAS THE SHIT .. HE WAS A LIL LATE ON TRACKS SOMETIMES FOR DJ'S BUT HE ALWAYS HAD THE HOT TRACKS COMING IN.. U JUST HAD 2 GET EM ON A GOOD DAY,WHICH I DID.

FUCK MAN I REMEMBER WHEN HIS SHOP WAS IN BRICK THE HE MOVED 2 TOMSRIVER NOW HE IS GONE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I've been shopping there and working there for quite some time and steve said evr since napster became popular sales have decreased every year. i've been going through the bins and he has a lot of good stuff. hard to find and out of print. def worth checking out.

:(

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by boriginal

I've been shopping there and working there for quite some time and steve said evr since napster became popular sales have decreased every year. i've been going through the bins and he has a lot of good stuff. hard to find and out of print. def worth checking out.

:(

when is te final day i gotta pick up some tracks

I wouldn't blame it all on the MP3 thing, but I'm sure thats a major reason. That was a great store to stop into when I was in the area for the weekend or something. They also have competition down there recently from the guys at ZBASS. It was only a matter of time before that put a dent into Smiley's. I may have to stop in just to see if I can catch a few copies of things for a bargain.

Originally posted by thepulse

I wouldn't blame it all on the MP3 thing, but I'm sure thats a major reason. That was a great store to stop into when I was in the area for the weekend or something. They also have competition down there recently from the guys at ZBASS. It was only a matter of time before that put a dent into Smiley's. I may have to stop in just to see if I can catch a few copies of things for a bargain.

zbass is the spot.. my boy works there and alot of big djs run through there....

First off. I would like to wish Steve Good Luck, He had a Great Store and Kept all the records in mint condition. Good Luck Steve We will Miss you!!!

Second: The free music deal is what put him out of business (napster,cd trading,etc). Pretty soon there will be only imports to buy and all domestic labels will go out of business, just like Strictly Rythem, then remixer's will stop producing mixes, because they will not get paid for them, because the internet dj will just download their mix before they buy it.

NO MORE DOMESTIC RECORDS

NO MORE NEW MIXES

WHY? BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR IT!!!!!!

GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND BUY YOUR SHIT, THATS WHAT A REAL DJ DOES!!!!!

Jerry Lee

Originally posted by jerrylee

First off. I would like to wish Steve Good Luck, He had a Great Store and Kept all the records in mint condition. Good Luck Steve We will Miss you!!!

Second: The free music deal is what put him out of business (napster,cd trading,etc). Pretty soon there will be only imports to buy and all domestic labels will go out of business, just like Strictly Rythem, then remixer's will stop producing mixes, because they will not get paid for them, because the internet dj will just download their mix before they buy it.

NO MORE DOMESTIC RECORDS

NO MORE NEW MIXES

WHY? BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR IT!!!!!!

GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND BUY YOUR SHIT, THATS WHAT A REAL DJ DOES!!!!!

Jerry Lee

I AGREE BIG TIME ..DJ STATIK OF CHILL FACTOR PERFORMANCE & ENT.