Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone ever had LASIK eye surgery?

quoth

I had the laser vision done about 4 months ago and I don't regret it at all. My vision is now 20/20 and I see with no problems at all. If anyone wants the name of my doctor PM me. He's a bit on the expensive side but he's one of the top guys in the business. I figure with your eyes you might as well go with the best and not take any chances.

my 2 cousins got it done... they see 20/20 now... they were both nearsighted...

they said they love it... and it was so worth it...

i wear contacts and id rather wear them than risk anything happening to my vision... im too skeptical i think... but... ive never heard of anyone who DISLIKED the results

To whoever asked where and who I had it done by, it was Dr. Speaker at TLC Manhattan, check out the website at www.lasiknyc.com. If you read my earlier post, seriously, if it worked for me, its gotta work for almost anyone as long as you are a decent candidate, I went from horrible astigmatism and even worse night vision to seeing 20/15. The only thing I'm worried about is I am still 22, but my eyesight hasnt changed for about a year and a half, if it did then at least this place gives you a Lifetime follow-up at either their office or a doc in your area, dont have to worry about eye coverage anymore. One more thing I didnt know about when it was happening, if you smell some sort of burning, dont worry its just your cornea being burned, ha, I didnt know that so as the surgery is going on im like what the fuck and getting all nervous, the doc was screwing around with me. Take the valiums they give if you tend to overreact like I do to things, I must have ate like 6 of them and they still didn't effect me.

Originally posted by dp80

To whoever asked where and who I had it done by, it was Dr. Speaker at TLC Manhattan, check out the website at www.lasiknyc.com. If you read my earlier post, seriously, if it worked for me, its gotta work for almost anyone as long as you are a decent candidate, I went from horrible astigmatism and even worse night vision to seeing 20/15. The only thing I'm worried about is I am still 22, but my eyesight hasnt changed for about a year and a half, if it did then at least this place gives you a Lifetime follow-up at either their office or a doc in your area, dont have to worry about eye coverage anymore. One more thing I didnt know about when it was happening, if you smell some sort of burning, dont worry its just your cornea being burned, ha, I didnt know that so as the surgery is going on im like what the fuck and getting all nervous, the doc was screwing around with me. Take the valiums they give if you tend to overreact like I do to things, I must have ate like 6 of them and they still didn't effect me.

Did the lasers hurt your eyes? Was their any part of the surgery that was extremely uncomftorable?

The reason I ask is beacuse I got an eye exam about 2 months ago. The Prick doctor was shining this heavy duty light in my eye;every nerve in my body was itching and in pain. I felt like i was in a fucking Clockwork Orange.

Originally posted by legend38

Did the lasers hurt your eyes? Was their any part of the surgery that was extremely uncomftorable?

The reason I ask is beacuse I got an eye exam about 2 months ago. The Prick doctor was shining this heavy duty light in my eye;every nerve in my body was itching and in pain. I felt like i was in a fucking Clockwork Orange.

My Mom said the surgery was not painful at all. The only time it hurt was when they gave her antibiotic eyedrops afterwards. She said those stung quite a bit.

As you may already know by now... prk and lasik...

I had both of my eyes done back in 1997, Dr. Moadel, 51st and 5th Avenue here in the City.

10 minutes procedure and 20/20 the following day... NO probls. whatsoever ..... w/one little minor infection which lasted for 5 minutes after the 2nd eye was done.

JUST DO IT!