Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pack It Up Miami/sobe, I Told You Its Ova, And It Is...

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by lolahotass

DAMN I COULDN'T OF SAID IT BETTER NICK:clap: :clap:

See ya Saturday;)

Lola:D

I HAVE IT HOOKED UP ALREADY FOR SATURDAY. I'LL PM YOU WITH DETAILS.. I TOOK CARE OF THE CPERS...

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by thehog

Quote:

Hog.......

If you like good music and girls........go to a PMS party. There are more hot chicks at one time in the bathroom at every PMS party than in all the places you have been in Lauderdale together.

You are missing it buddy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im not missing a fucking thing smart ass.

I will always party in Sobe and downtown Mia.

I just keep asking my self why go there so much when Ft. Lauderdale is 1. waaaay better hot girl ratio. 3. the music has gotton alot better. (nothing like Mia but good enough) 4. cheaper every thing 4. waaaay better ghetto ratio. 5. drinking on the street from bar to bar. 6. friendly and better bar staff. 7. you can leave the bar and get back in with no problems.

So yeah im missing it your right :rolleyes

See you @ Space if you go for MP------------------- NERD.

PMS party:confused:

grow up "buddy" your out of 10th grade. (I think:confused: )

smart ass......1,3,4,4,5,6,7........10th grade...........:confused:

I think you need to get laid:eek: :laugh: :laugh:

Quote:

smart ass......1,3,4,4,5,6,7........10th grade...........

I think you need to get laid

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

owwww yea had some posting and bong trouble last night.

Ok I get laid any time I whant to

So keep your fucking mouth shut or your going to get laid out

Quote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by thehog

Quote:

:)

As someone who lives in the Lauderdale scene and visits the SoBe/Miami scene often, I’d like to add my two cents.

Back in my day, KNOWONE went to SoBe, except to eat at Joe’s and/or die. Lauderdale was the hot spot w/ all the Spring Breakers and party people. Obviously, I don’t need to go into how that has changed. SoBe has become a fantastic place. The clubs are some of the best in the world. If you doubt that just visit LA, Vegas, Philly and tell me they don’t suck! The problem with SoBe is the infestation of all the wanna-B gangsters and punks. This past weekend, I booked a room at a trendy SoBe hotel and lived the life. Let me tell you, this was the first time I was ever nervous walking the streets at night in SoBe. At 4 in the morning walking back from Mynt, there must have been 15-20 hookers walking Collins Ave. Then, you have all the Thug Pretenders either waking the streets harassing the hookers (and everyone else) or the assholes in the cars with the windows down and the bass way up yelling at everyone. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO SOBE!!! Maybe using the Valet’s and not having to deal with the unwashed masses has spoiled me, but this is ridiculous. I feel safer parking in the hood by Space then I did during a ten-block walk on a busy Saturday night in SoBe. And, ALL of this can be traced to the Hip-Hop element. It is just a BAD CULTURE and BAD ELEMENT. It breeds and encourages violence.

What is nice about Lauderdale is that its safe to walk around, the clubs are friendly and the bad elements are kept to a minimum. Lauderdale has the potential to one day reclaim its past fame. Voodoo was the first step towards better clubs in Lauderdale. More are here and on the way. Everything comes full circle and if SoBe does not clean up the streets, more people will reevaluate their options.

GM66 Out!

Originally posted by guyman1966

The problem with SoBe is the infestation of all the wanna-B gangsters and punks. This past weekend, I booked a room at a trendy SoBe hotel and lived the life. Let me tell you, this was the first time I was ever nervous walking the streets at night in SoBe. At 4 in the morning walking back from Mynt, there must have been 15-20 hookers walking Collins Ave. Then, you have all the Thug Pretenders either waking the streets harassing the hookers (and everyone else) or the assholes in the cars with the windows down and the bass way up yelling at everyone. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO SOBE!!!

GM66 - yo that is exactly what it was like when my friend Heather G was down over Labor Day. I was even nervous walking up f'cking Ocean Drive! We had dudes hanging out of vans with the sliding doors open yelling stuff at us. Now, if you saw the arms on either Heather or I, you will see that we could kick ass if needed; but when it's groups of 10 dudes - I can honestly admit to being nervous. I was embarrassed - I'm trying to tell her how awesome SoBe is, yet this was what I had to show her? I was pissed the f*ck off ya know.

I love the clubs in SoBe and I really dig the idea of hanging in dowtown Miami, but if I don't feel safe, there's no point in going.

I look forward to seeing what Laudy has - hey are you and Sami coming out this Sat?

As someone who lives in the Lauderdale scene and visits the SoBe/Miami scene often, I’d like to add my two cents.

Back in my day, KNOWONE went to SoBe, except to eat at Joe’s and/or die. Lauderdale was the hot spot w/ all the Spring Breakers and party people. Obviously, I don’t need to go into how that has changed. SoBe has become a fantastic place. The clubs are some of the best in the world. If you doubt that just visit LA, Vegas, Philly and tell me they don’t suck! The problem with SoBe is the infestation of all the wanna-B gangsters and punks. This past weekend, I booked a room at a trendy SoBe hotel and lived the life. Let me tell you, this was the first time I was ever nervous walking the streets at night in SoBe. At 4 in the morning walking back from Mynt, there must have been 15-20 hookers walking Collins Ave. Then, you have all the Thug Pretenders either waking the streets harassing the hookers (and everyone else) or the assholes in the cars with the windows down and the bass way up yelling at everyone. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO SOBE!!! Maybe using the Valet’s and not having to deal with the unwashed masses has spoiled me, but this is ridiculous. I feel safer parking in the hood by Space then I did during a ten-block walk on a busy Saturday night in SoBe. And, ALL of this can be traced to the Hip-Hop element. It is just a BAD CULTURE and BAD ELEMENT. It breeds and encourages violence.

What is nice about Lauderdale is that its safe to walk around, the clubs are friendly and the bad elements are kept to a minimum. Lauderdale has the potential to one day reclaim its past fame. Voodoo was the first step towards better clubs in Lauderdale. More are here and on the way. Everything comes full circle and if SoBe does not clean up the streets, more people will reevaluate their options.

--------------------------------------------------

You summed it up perfectly without offending any one or their parties. I could not agree more with you.

Hey come party with us this weekend

:beer::aright:

We are working on a babysitter. I hope we are out. I wonder if Saleen will offer 2 hook us up?

Oh Hell yeah * Saleen will definately put you guys in with us...

At least he better or he'll have to answer to ME;):laugh: j/k

Hopefully see ya Saturday night!

The beach has certainly seen a downturn in the quality of life. What's happened is a general lack of regard from the law enforcement community. Instead of tossing the undesireable elements into the clink, they let things play out and step in when it gets beyond vicious...i.e. Channel 7 shows up. I'd certainly like to see a more proactive law enforcement presence on the beach. I wish I knew the officer's name, but this one cop near crobar always chases away the scum, letting the crowd outside crobar wait in peace. If only others would be like him. Instead, most of them don't care, or are afraid of being labeled racist if they go after a certain element. A Street columnist once joked about a velvet rope on the causeway, but maybe that'd be the solution!

blah ! blah ! one would think from reading some of these post; that the beach is overrun with hookers and gangster wannabe's. been to the grove lately ?? since many you don’t live on the beach, and I do I will be the first, to admit the beach has issues. to say the beach is unsafe to walk around; it is simply overreacting. miami beach is not the suburbs.. it is a tourist city; that attracts a diverse array of people. miami beach can control the negative elements, which infest the beach each weekend. they have many ordinances pending, to address these issues. conversely you cannot screen the people, who visit the beach. do you think these people, who add a bad element to the beach, actually live on the beach ?? take a big guess where they are coming from …. I just had dinner a few hours ago, walked around with my buddies , and people are out strolling the streets, and enjoying themselves. again miami beach is a tourist city , which attracts over 100,000 visitors a week ; common sense would suggest , you are going to have some problems. if the elements are so overbearing then perhaps, looking at other alternatives to SOBE might be appropriate some people.

Guest saleen351

sobeton, ON madison Ave in NYC they live by a saying.

Perception is truth....

The perception is that lauderdale sucks and is a frat party

The other perception is the sobe is a dirty scary place, even Howard Stern said it, and many others called in and ripped on it.

Which one will change their perception first? only time will tell.

Originally posted by saleen351

sobeton, ON madison Ave in NYC they live by a saying.

Perception is truth....

The perception is that lauderdale sucks and is a frat party

The other perception is the sobe is a dirty scary place, even Howard Stern said it, and many others called in and ripped on it.

Which one will change their perception first? only time will tell.

in perception there is some truth. I have seen SOBE change several times. each time they still come out on top.. even in this" scary" stage, they are still ahead of the pack..:D one should never rest on there laurels. that's when you get left behind.. I think SOBE is realizing that.. :cool:

I'm not sure that whether or not the 'scary' element LIVES on the beach or not is the issue. Honestly, it's kind of irrelevant. I mean, I could give less of a shit about a lion living in the jungle. However, if it were sitting in my living room and growling at me every time I went to the refrigerator, than I would definitely have a problem.

Originally posted by anteye

I'm not sure that whether or not the 'scary' element LIVES on the beach or not is the issue. Honestly, it's kind of irrelevant. I mean, I could give less of a shit about a lion living in the jungle. However, if it were sitting in my living room and growling at me every time I went to the refrigerator, than I would definitely have a problem.

right on :aright:

. At 4 in the morning walking back from Mynt, there must have been 15-20 hookers walking Collins Ave. Then, you have all the Thug Pretenders either waking the streets harassing the hookers (and everyone else) or the assholes in the cars with the windows down and the bass way up yelling at everyone. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO SOBE!!!

It is ashamed but this is the perpetration that the rest of the country is starting to associate with SoBe. I was listening to Howard when this whole SoBe conversation arose. I would say that out of 15 callers, 13 had very negative remarks and opinions of the beach. More than one even said they felt safer walking through the Bronx at night than they did in SoBe. The first time I ever visited SoBe was 2 short years ago and I can’t believe how fast and different it has became in such a short period of time. The callers and staff of Howard all said the same thing “it used to be great but now it is the hood” is the majority of I heard.

Is all of this a result of a poor economy or a weak Mayor/Law Enforcement? I think both may be to blame. If NYC was cleaned up in such a short period of time then the beach can be to. IMO strict loitering and cruising laws need to be enacted and enforce with an increase of “working cops”. It seams that ¾ of the police on the beach are just wondering around with there heads up there ass or just trying to find clubs to pay them there $25 hr. to work when they are off of regular duties.

Originally posted by sobeton

blah ! blah ! one would think from reading some of these post; that the beach is overrun with hookers and gangster wannabe's. been to the grove lately ?? since many you don’t live on the beach, and I do I will be the first, to admit the beach has issues. to say the beach is unsafe to walk around; it is simply overreacting. miami beach is not the suburbs.. it is a tourist city; that attracts a diverse array of people. miami beach can control the negative elements, which infest the beach each weekend. they have many ordinances pending, to address these issues. conversely you cannot screen the people, who visit the beach. do you think these people, who add a bad element to the beach, actually live on the beach ?? take a big guess where they are coming from …. I just had dinner a few hours ago, walked around with my buddies , and people are out strolling the streets, and enjoying themselves. again miami beach is a tourist city , which attracts over 100,000 visitors a week ; common sense would suggest , you are going to have some problems. if the elements are so overbearing then perhaps, looking at other alternatives to SOBE might be appropriate some people.

First off, SoBe IS OVERUN with gangster wannabe's and hookers. Not during normal hours, just late night weekends. I have lunch on the beach often and never have any issues. And, yes most if all of the hoods live off the beach and visit. So what? Whose city is it anyway? SECOND, I don't give a rats ass about the grove and don't care to make a comparison to SoBe. The GROVE SUCKS! Do you want SoBe to become the Grove II? THIRD - while you can't screen people from visiting, you can enforce laws that are on the books. For example, I'm certain that there is a noise law that prohibits loud music from cars. Now, you can't arrest people, but if you give out enough tickets (and that includes running the ID's and plates to see if there are any warrants, ect...) it will discourage these assholes from hanging out. FORTH- Time Square was 10X worse than SoBe. They cleaned it up FAST. Just because SoBe gets 100,000 visitors a week, it does not give the ghetto- hip-hop bullshit element a licensee to take over the city. I Love SoBe. Trust me when I tell you I have probably been visiting SoBe longer than you have been alive. I have seen all of the changes and right now Miami Beach needs a wake up call before it gets worse. WAKE UP.

First off, SoBe IS OVERUN with gangster wannabe's and hookers. Not during normal hours, just late night weekends. I have lunch on the beach often and never have any issues. And, yes most if all of the hoods live off the beach and visit. So what? Whose city is it anyway? SECOND, I don't give a rats ass about the grove and don't care to make a comparison to SoBe. The GROVE SUCKS! Do you want SoBe to become the Grove II? THIRD - while you can't screen people from visiting, you can enforce laws that are on the books. For example, I'm certain that there is a noise law that prohibits loud music from cars. Now, you can't arrest people, but if you give out enough tickets (and that includes running the ID's and plates to see if there are any warrants, ect...) it will discourage these assholes from hanging out. FORTH- Time Square was 10X worse than SoBe. They cleaned it up FAST. Just because SoBe gets 100,000 visitors a week, it does not give the ghetto- hip-hop bullshit element a licensee to take over the city. I Love SoBe. Trust me when I tell you I have probably been visiting SoBe longer than you have been alive. I have seen all of the changes and right now Miami Beach needs a wake up call before it gets worse. WAKE UP.

as I stated previously in this thread. miami beach is aware of the problems, and there are ordinances currently being worked through the city commission. the residents are not pleased with the image, which has developed. which is why we elected a mayor, with the foresight to deal with it. times square was not cleaned up overnight, and neither will SOBE.. that my friend is the reality of the situation.

Please! SoBe is an asphalt jungle? Some people have no clue what a bad neighborhood looks like. The worst you get there is your occasional bevy of oversexed thugs with their scarecrow bravado and always your Washington Ave. vagabonds begging you meekly for loose change. If this freightens you, then maybe you need to grow a pair. Honestly! Is this Club Century Village.com?

Originally posted by voluptuary

Please! SoBe is an asphalt jungle? Some people have no clue what a bad neighborhood looks like. The worst you get there is your occasional bevy of oversexed thugs with their scarecrow bravado and always your Washington Ave. vagabonds begging you meekly for loose change. If this freightens you, then maybe you need to grow a pair. Honestly! Is this Club Century Village.com?

If you read the posts ( I suggest you reread them), know one claims that SoBe is the hood. And, I don’t need you to tell me what areas are scary… I graduated Temple U in Philly. North Philly is one of the worst ghettos in the county. South Beach is Disney in comparison. The entire point that you are missing is that over the last 10 years SoBe has slipped. I’m glad to hear from Sobeton that the community there is working on the issues. I really hope they elect a group of politicians that will do something. Also, the homeless don’t bother me, it’s the wanna-be-hoods from the berbs that cause most of the problems. And, if you think I need to grow a pair because I want to walk down the street without hearing assholes yelling at me – Fock You!

What assholes are yelling at you? Do you wear a KKKlansman outfit out at night?

I come from Philly. I know the area you're talking about, and i know people aren't saying SoBe is that bad. So is it that people ride around with their stereo players too high? Does this really cause stress for some people. If so, then you are excessively squeamish.

Can anyone state specifically the element we are talking about.

Look, I'm not appalled by lack of civility, i only disdain it. There's a difference chiefly in that it doesn't shudder my soul.