Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why are Ny Clubs so expensive???? Why?

what spragga said. for the simple reason that: PEOPLE WILL PAY.

why would they make less money than they are capable? i dont see too many places out there giving people deals. a club is a business and the owners want to make as much money as possible. if they werent making money would they continue to operate???

. . . Personally I think everyone who pisses and moans about partying in Manhattan being too expensive should eat a nice hearty helping of Shut The Fuck Up! . . No one wants to party anywhere else, so until you do, don't complain . . . :rolleyes: . .

. . There's perfectly good parties going on in the outerboroughs, yet no one wants to make the effort to go there . . . But Wah Wah Wah , why does it have to be so expensive to throw a party in one of the highest valued areas in the Country . . . Oh Gee, I'd never guess . . :rolleyes: . . :aright: . . .

I'm no geographical expert but I'd say manhattan is the most densely packed city in the country. If that is true then it's a simple supply and demand curve. If manhattan was 4 times it's current size, things wouldn't be nearly as expensive. Now couple that with the prestige of being the financial center of the world and you end up with a lot of well paid bankers willing to spend whatever it takes. A lot of us are paid almost 50% more than ppl in the same industry but outside of manhattan.

Originally posted by streetraver

I hate answering questions with another question but why is everything in manhattan expensive? Same logic.

Derrr, right? :rolleyes: LOL

Also, let's not forget- the number of clubs (good clubs, anyway) has been drastically reduced in the past couple of years.

Originally posted by trouble1121

i guess im the only person that doesnt mind payin the ridiculous price to get into a good club and party all night long...oh well suxx for me

There aren't many "good" clubs left... and really no "great" clubs anymore... not compared to say 5 yrs ago... it wouldn't be so frustrating if there were more options available. As it stands, we're getting stuck, and unless we want to travel further than a cab ride from home, there ain't much we can do about it.

Originally posted by trouble1121

i guess im the only person that doesnt mind payin the ridiculous price to get into a good club and party all night long...oh well suxx for me

Maybe! :tongue:

I guess it's just me - but I'm sick of spending $150-200 for a nite out in Manhattan.

Who knows?

Originally posted by spragga25

I guess it's just me - but I'm sick of spending $150-200 for a nite out in Manhattan.

...is that including senior discounts?...

...seriously, let me tell the world that hasnt left NY...a good night anywhere in the country will cost you a pretty penny...thems the facts...you can get decent shit in this area for less...and in other states as well...but what do you think large venues across america charge, $5 cover with $2 drinks...it aint happenin anywhere...but fortunately, there are other options...including in NY...shit, just look at ps1...what was it....$6 to get in with $5 beers...

is it a sad fact...yes

can it be corrected...eventually

in our lifetime...doubtful

Originally posted by phatman

...is that including senior discounts?...

...seriously, let me tell the world that hasnt left NY...a good night anywhere in the country will cost you a pretty penny...thems the facts...you can get decent shit in this area for less...and in other states as well...but what do you think large venues across america charge, $5 cover with $2 drinks...it aint happenin anywhere...but fortunately, there are other options...including in NY...shit, just look at ps1...what was it....$6 to get in with $5 beers...

is it a sad fact...yes

can it be corrected...eventually

in our lifetime...doubtful

Good points bro...it's a shame things are the way it is right now...and prices will probably go higher soon.

Damn shame :(