Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ATTN: Mystify

girly

Originally posted by somebitch

how is that not true?!?!? if one can't create then what can they do besides use things other people have created?

...there is a working sociological theory that nothing in this world is ever truly created...that everything is but a mere copy of something else...in all aspects of thought, image, etc...it's all been done...we're just regurgitating the same material over and over again...so in essence, even you have no original thought or creation...if that's the case, there would be no such thing as somebody that is creative...

that's just one way to look at it

...another is, the use of copying for the purpose of creativity...simply put, people recreate original material in a different manner....the rearrangement of song or image in a way it was not used before...by definition, this is creative/creation...

that's a second way to look at it

but more importantly, the way i was looking at it in response to what you said was:

...to make a generalization like that from one instance such as a sig is ridiculous...if i like a t-shirt you're wearing and ask you where you got it from so that i can get one, does that mean i lack creativity?...it just means, i dig what you're wearing...i would bet this girl didnt even think in terms of creativity when she copied the sig...just took it on as a matter of liking...i think you projected that onto the action...and it's a mistake...

now if you're talking pure logic...either one creates or one copies...well, in that light you may be right...but this response is already too long...especially since i do not know if i have made any sense at all...:D

Originally posted by phatman

...there is a working sociological theory that nothing in this world is ever truly created...that everything is but a mere copy of something else...in all aspects of thought, image, etc...it's all been done...we're just regurgitating the same material over and over again...so in essence, even you have no original thought or creation...if that's the case, there would be no such thing as somebody that is creative...

that's just one way to look at it

...another is, the use of copying for the purpose of creativity...simply put, people recreate original material in a different manner....the rearrangement of song or image in a way it was not used before...by definition, this is creative/creation...

that's a second way to look at it

but more importantly, the way i was looking at it in response to what you said was:

...to make a generalization like that from one instance such as a sig is ridiculous...if i like a t-shirt you're wearing and ask you where you got it from so that i can get one, does that mean i lack creativity?...it just means, i dig what you're wearing...i would bet this girl didnt even think in terms of creativity when she copied the sig...just took it on as a matter of liking...i think you projected that onto the action...and it's a mistake...

now if you're talking pure logic...either one creates or one copies...well, in that light you may be right...but this response is already too long...especially since i do not know if i have made any sense at all...:D

even if you only make a slight change to something you are creating something new. it is only copying if you use the original and therefore, that would be lacking creativity. which is in essence what i was saying (with some built in innuendo). ;)

somebitch - sorry that i prejudged (that was hypocritical of me bc i hate when people judge me) but i feel your comment on my other thread was unnecessary and out of line - you know nothing about me or my relationship or converting - and what i posted was a JOKE

Originally posted by somebitch

even if you only make a slight change to something you are creating something new. it is only copying if you use the original and therefore, that would be lacking creativity. which is in essence what i was saying (with some built in innuendo). ;)

...but how original is that person if it's only a slight change...i mean is that really creative...eh...whatever...this is tit-tat area..and your inuendo is really what's at the root of this...fuck it...back to work...