Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Frankie Bones - Energy 11-26

volumeprod

Dude, it would probably make you happy if someone gave a fuck about your sad life to stalk you. No such luck.:laugh:

First off, if anyone has been to Energy, they know how ghetto that place is. And since they are moving next week to a new spot, it was even worse than usual last night.

The sound was terrible and it made it hard to enjoy the music. Venom was crazy as usual and Frankie played a good set of old school electro and techno. But the lack of bass and overall sound just made it tough to enjoy.

I will be back down in a few weeks to check out Nigel Richards at the new spot.

We had an illegal afterhours last night at a warehouse in Olneyville, Frankie and another DJ (Pauly) from New York played.

We did it pretty much off the cuff - (at 11:30 we decided to do it)

There were probably only about 40-50 people there, but it was incredible. The sound was minimal, no lighting, but it was like Frankie played a private party for us.

Don't know of any other 'name' DJs who would do that nowadays.

Carlcocks -

Energy's not moving. There were rumors, but we'll still be at the Living Room every Tuesday. We are starting a Thursday called Plastic on December 5. X-Dream 12.5, Nigel Richards 12.12, Scott Hardkiss 12.19.

Plastic

And the sound is great at the new club.

nyis4meatheads -

I just work in N. Attleboro - Live in Pawtucket. On yeah, and Louie D. is doing an instore at the Providence Place Newbury Comics...I guess I'll see you there :laugh:

Energy's not moving. There were rumors, but we'll still be at the Living Room every Tuesday.

Looking forward to checking out the new place...Energy is a fucking toilet kid...time to find a new venue.

The sound in there last night in the main room was embarassing. Every time Frankie did a mix, it sounded like the speakers were going to explode.

With all due respect, it is hard to debate the underground vs. more upfront rooms (like Metropolis and Axis) when you have sad venues like The Living Room.

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Hey, are you from North Attleboro or do you just work there? Call me crazy, but I think there just might be someone on this board who knows a thing or two about N.A. ;)

:laugh: hey b.. i am gonna call you crazy! :tongue:

heading there tonight.. I am off to go stalk Tom brady!

and begesus... the living room is still around?! good gawd, i used to go there when i was 16. i went to a biggie smalls, craig mack performance there!

Originally posted by carlcocks

Looking forward to checking out the new place...Energy is a fucking toilet kid...time to find a new venue.

The sound in there last night in the main room was embarassing. Every time Frankie did a mix, it sounded like the speakers were going to explode.

With all due respect, it is hard to debate the underground vs. more upfront rooms (like Metropolis and Axis) when you have sad venues like The Living Room.

We're always looking for venues, but some managers, owners aren't open to what we're trying to do. In fact, we made a proposal to another said venue in Providence last month and was told that the numbers wouldn't be sufficient - even after we told them that we'd be getting guests in. This was all prior to us booking Bones, and there were definitely numbers last night.

The issue is a lot of established, mainstream clubs don't want to allow the promoter to control aspects of the night: (ie. cover charge, dress code, DJ bookings, flyer design, etc.) We don't want people to have to save up or dress to impress to attend our

nights.

We get those comments regarding the venue all the time, but until we get the opportunity to capitalize on something new (like Plastic), we have to deal with the Living room. We'll see what the situation is in a couple of months.

energy.jpg

Originally posted by volumeprod

We are starting a Thursday called Plastic on December 5. X-Dream 12.5, Nigel Richards 12.12, Scott Hardkiss 12.19.

Plastic

And the sound is great at the new club.

I CAN'T BELIEVE SCOTT HARDKISS IS COMING TO N.E. I'm soooo excited.

And for the record, Venom is hot.:D :D :D Talk about stalking...I used to go into Skippy Whites every other day to try and talk to him. I was buying records before I even bought tables! * sigh *;)