Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Another reason to quit smoking....

from the Village Voice

Low Tar, High Beetles

Scuttle Butt

The following Philip Morris memo, dug up by the American Lung Association of Colorado and Tobacco Documents Online (www.tobaccodocuments.org), recently appeared on www.thememoryhole.com:

"Nine open Cambridge packs were examined to identify the insects causing the infestation. Live cigarette beetle adults were observed crawling throughout the sample bag, the open carton, and the individual packs of cigarettes. Copious amounts of cigarette beetles frass [i.e., debris and excrement] were found throughout each pack, the carton, and the sample bag. Extensive damage caused by cigarette beetle exploration and chewing was found in at least 80 percent of the cigarettes in any pack. Examination of the individual packs revealed 1-3 mm holes in the overwrap on and around the tax stamp on each pack. These holes, which were caused by the application of the tax stamp using heat, probably allowed entry of cigarette beetle adults into the packs. The presence of these holes indicates that the infestation occurred during distribution."

That is really gross.

Bugs get into everything it is so annoying.

They do the same shit to cereal if given enough time, that's why I don't really eat cereal anymore (I encountered some in my life time) and now I'm too weirded out to go back.

Maybe I should do the same for cigarettes...ya think?

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

from the Village Voice

Low Tar, High Beetles

Scuttle Butt

The following Philip Morris memo, dug up by the American Lung Association of Colorado and Tobacco Documents Online (www.tobaccodocuments.org), recently appeared on www.thememoryhole.com:

"Nine open Cambridge packs were examined to identify the insects causing the infestation. Live cigarette beetle adults were observed crawling throughout the sample bag, the open carton, and the individual packs of cigarettes. Copious amounts of cigarette beetles frass [i.e., debris and excrement] were found throughout each pack, the carton, and the sample bag. Extensive damage caused by cigarette beetle exploration and chewing was found in at least 80 percent of the cigarettes in any pack. Examination of the individual packs revealed 1-3 mm holes in the overwrap on and around the tax stamp on each pack. These holes, which were caused by the application of the tax stamp using heat, probably allowed entry of cigarette beetle adults into the packs. The presence of these holes indicates that the infestation occurred during distribution."

another reason for you to stop posting

I just got on the patch like a week ago and I have to admit... it works great. Everyone's talking about how expensive they are but with the price of cigarettes as they are now it's a good deal.

Actually, you can get a 2 week supply of Nicoderm for like $35 compared to anywhere between $70 to over $100 for a 2 week supply of smokes, so do the math.

:)

Originally posted by maximman

I just got on the patch like a week ago and I have to admit... it works great. Everyone's talking about how expensive they are but with the price of cigarettes as they are now it's a good deal.

Actually, you can get a 2 week supply of Nicoderm for like $35 compared to anywhere between $70 to over $100 for a 2 week supply of smokes, so do the math.

:)

I went the cheap way a while back and bought the CVS brand with the CVS card and I always got the buy 1 get 1 free... They are just as good...Nicotene is Nicotene... But they are bigger and look pretty hidious... So being it is winter you cant see it anyway...

Make sure you follow the steps as shown... Dont think your a hero and step down too fast...

Good Luck...

Peace...

Scott