Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone with VERIZON DSL Service..................

Ok... I need a little help here from any computer " GEEK " or anyone who just has a little knowledge of computers and internet settings and such... Cause I hate dealing with TECH Support... And I am not home to speak with them...

I hooked everything up... Ran the Diagnostics and all was well...

I started browsing... Everything was fine up until I was browsing for a few minutes... Then everytime I either hit the back button or my favorites/bookmarks it went to the page cannot be loaded please check your connection/device and settings... Etc...

Now it was browsing fine... If I logged off and back on again it would all be fine... Until a few minutes into browsing and I would get the same message... And it wasnt just one page... It was any page I tried to get into...

Why would the browser work for a certain amount of time and then not be able to find anything...

I am computer litterate but this one has me stumped...

Any suggestions???

My cousin has Verizon DSL, it would time out like 30 seconds, go back to it's business, after 10-15 minutes later, it'll time out again.

Could be your connection that's dropping periodically, either it's a line issue or the modem.

You're going have to deal with tech support, in order to get this issue resolved.

i have verizon dsl and i have absolutely perfect service, no problems at all and it is very stable. :D i just ordered a cable modem though, i dont know which i will end up keeping, probably cable because it is so much faster & doesnt cap upload speed.

i dont know what the deal with your dsl is sorry.. i never had that problem, maybe it is a dns issue.

Originally posted by elementx

Ok... I need a little help here from any computer " GEEK " or anyone who just has a little knowledge of computers and internet settings and such... Cause I hate dealing with TECH Support... And I am not home to speak with them...

I hooked everything up... Ran the Diagnostics and all was well...

I started browsing... Everything was fine up until I was browsing for a few minutes... Then everytime I either hit the back button or my favorites/bookmarks it went to the page cannot be loaded please check your connection/device and settings... Etc...

Now it was browsing fine... If I logged off and back on again it would all be fine... Until a few minutes into browsing and I would get the same message... And it wasnt just one page... It was any page I tried to get into...

Why would the browser work for a certain amount of time and then not be able to find anything...

I am computer litterate but this one has me stumped...

Any suggestions???

Is the DSL phone line you're using a dedicated phone line or are you sharing it with the main phone line of your house. If you are sharing the line with other phones in the house did you put in all of the filters? Believe it or not that can have an effect on your bandwidth and connectivity.

Originally posted by somebitch

maybe it is a dns issue.

IT WAS SAYING SOMETHING ABOUT DNS... BUT STUPID ME HAS NO CLUE WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT...

I called tech support and the person I talked to didn't have a clue... I had to tell her stuff... LOL ...

Anyone know about this DNS shit...

Error = Unable to find connection or DNS ERROR...

Any help would be greaty appreciated...

The 3 times I called tech support they all told me to re-install... The last one I spoke to I screamed... Explained that I had installed the damn program 3 times already...

Thanks Again...

Scott

FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T KNOW... VERIZON TECHNICAL SUPPORT DOES NOT KNOW SHIT... THEY DO THE SAME THING YOU AND I DO WHEN WE WANT TO FIX SOMETHING... SEARCH THE WEB FOR SOLUTIONS... THEY ARE A PACK OF FUCKING MORONS...

ANYONE CAN HELP WITH THE DNS ERRORS... WHENEVER I DO FINALLY GET OUT AND MEET ANYONE FROM HERE... WELL I WILL BUY YOU A BUNCH OF DRINKS...

PEACE...

SCOTT

FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T KNOW... VERIZON TECHNICAL SUPPORT DOES NOT KNOW SHIT... THEY DO THE SAME THING YOU AND I DO WHEN WE WANT TO FIX SOMETHING... SEARCH THE WEB FOR SOLUTIONS... THEY ARE A PACK OF FUCKING MORONS...

ANYONE CAN HELP WITH THE DNS ERRORS... WHENEVER I DO FINALLY GET OUT AND MEET ANYONE FROM HERE... WELL I WILL BUY YOU A BUNCH OF DRINKS...

PEACE...

SCOTT

You're obtaining your DNS from your ISP.

Same as your DHCP.

Everytime you connect to the Verizon network, you get a DHCP and DNS address from them.

DHCP - automatically obtain by Verizon, when u connect to their network, so it knows who you are.

DNS - Automatically obtained by Verizon, so that you can browse the Internet without having to type in the ip address.

For example: http://www.clubplanet.com = 216.223.202.136

Your best best is try manually set the Verizon DNS into your TCP/IP stack.

My mother has Verizon DSL in her office, it's lousy, service sucks, and the speed is hardly worth the price she pays. I have Optimum Online at home, it fuckin' kicks ass. My neighborhood is mostly old folk so my bandwidth doesn't get hogged up. I get 4000-7000 Kb/s pretty regularly. And for $40 you can't beat having 2-3x T1 speeds. :D

Originally posted by ou812

My mother has Verizon DSL in her office, it's lousy, service sucks, and the speed is hardly worth the price she pays. I have Optimum Online at home, it fuckin' kicks ass. My neighborhood is mostly old folk so my bandwidth doesn't get hogged up. I get 4000-7000 Kb/s pretty regularly. And for $40 you can't beat having 2-3x T1 speeds. :D

I had the cable modem and loved it ... I didnt have any problems... But it all got too costly... I dropped to basic cable and the price of the cable modem would have been $50 a month without digital cable... I could not afford both anymore... My bills are costly as it is... But you are right... Cable was second to none...

This might be a stupid question... But how do I find my servers ISP or verizons ISP ( doubtness )

I have half a computer brain... But I dont know how to find all this info...

Thank You all for your patience and help...

Win 98

Go figure... I dont know what the fuck I did... But I have not gotten the error in the last 45 minutes... Maybe it is fixed... I dont know...

when you are connected go to the dos prompt (c: ) and type in winipcfg

the IP address that Verizon's ISP spit out at you when you connected will be shown. Copy down that IP address and then go to www.arin.net and enter a search in with that IP address, it will tell you who the owner of that IP block is.

all you have to do is set the dns manually. which means go into the tcp/ip properties and put some valid addresses in the dns field.

i dont know what you can use, like ou812 said, start > run > winipcfg; check out the dns #s in there when you are connected and write them down, then add those addresses to the dns properties in windows. also, you can use just about anyones dns, any isps i mean.

all you have to do is set the dns manually. which means go into the tcp/ip properties and put some valid addresses in the dns field.

i dont know what you can use, like ou812 said, start > run > winipcfg; check out the dns #s in there when you are connected and write them down, then add those addresses to the dns properties in windows. also, you can use just about anyones dns, any isps i mean.

THANK YOU 0U812,DOUBTNESS, AND SOMEBITCH... ALL THE HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED AND I THINK THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED... PLEASE REMIND ME IF OUR PATHS SHALL EVER CROSS... I OWE YOU GUYS A FEW DRINKS...

I love when a girl talks my language. :D