Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Thoughts on limelight...oh wait estate

Guest distort909

Guest distort909

i used to work there & went by there last night & almost dropped dead......................

they have turned it into a over sized loung......................i walked out of there crying............& then went to shelter casue i just needed to be in a real club where its seedy dirty & people sweating to good music on the dance floor...........the crowd at liemelight looked to pretenciouss to even know how to sweat.......

the sanctuary of sound & dance is no more

i might do one party in there............im not sure though. i have to go look at it in the daytime,,,,,,,,

but they ruined the most beautiful club i have been too.

yes it was old & dirty but it was the house of god...........now it looks like a mini exit.

thats just plain shit man....

whats going on in nyc these days, it seems like lounges are still popping up in huge numbers, i understand its hard to get a cabaret license but nightlife is turning into just going to places and parking your ass on a velvet chair all night. I can only take so much of that shit...

:mad:

Joe

Originally posted by **********

i used to work there & went by there last night & almost dropped dead......................

they have turned it into a over sized loung......................i walked out of there crying............& then went to shelter casue i just needed to be in a real club where its seedy dirty & people sweating to good music on the dance floor...........the crowd at liemelight looked to pretenciouss to even know how to sweat.......

i might do one party in there............im not sure though. i have to go look at it in the daytime,,,,,,,,

yes it was old & dirty but it was the house of god...........now it looks like a mini exit.

wait..I'm confused. Based on your above description, you think Estate is now like a mini-version of Exit. Exit is about as dirty as it gets on a Friday, and could in no way be compared to a lounge...

I think I'm just not understanding what you're trying to say...or am I?

All good things must come to an end I guess........

My friend was at the club last Wednesday and said it totally changed. The stage is a mini version on the old one, you can't walk around the balcony anymore and that the bar and lounge areas take up more then half the club. BOOOOOOO!!!!!! :(

Guest distort909

when i say mini exit im refering to the likes of the white & secret rooms..............& how the balcony looked at exit,,,,,& when exit first opened it wasnt dirty..................

for christ sake there are loung booths on the main dancefloor............iys smaler then it was befor. the club is very clausterphobic now

i brought ricky grant of binary finary wih me & he said it reminded him of the hippodrome in london..............upper crust crap

yeah, then again, the place did just open. I mean, this Wednesday is a Be Yourself party...can't get any further from being pretencious with that one. Like you said, when Exit opened it wasn't dirty and didn't have that grungy atmosphere to it at all...it obviously does now. Give it time. It was only their opening night...

Guest distort909

i am totaly up for giving it another chance..................

thats why im waiting for wed night................danny has a great crowd & vibe.................after that ill make my true judgement on the new light

Well I think Danny is going to bring a totally different vibe to the night, something thats opposite what this club seems to be aiming towards. So hell yeah, go wednesday and have an awesome night, but I wouldnt base my opinion on the place from what goes on that night. Chances are, its going to be a 180 degree turn from what Danny is bringing out.

IMO

Joe

i am totaly up for giving it another chance..................

thats why im waiting for wed night................danny has a great crowd & vibe.................after that ill make my true judgement on the new light

Guest distort909

i agree with you tht the danny night is diffrent ten what they want......but if i can have fun there that night then ther is hope for a future.

Guest distort909

please im danny back and ask him if he can play his mix of sapphirecut free your mind....................

when that record came into watts i went ape shit...........its so beautiful......cant believe danny did a extreamly trancy remix........

tell danny its awesome & i think he should produce more trancy sounding stuff :)

please im danny back and ask him if he can play his mix of sapphirecut free your mind....................

when that record came into watts i went ape shit...........its so beautiful......cant believe danny did a extreamly trancy remix........

tell danny its awesome & i think he should produce more trancy sounding stuff :)

Join the Dtourism board... He posts on there regularly...

DTOURISM

its a cool site..............thank you

Yeah... Alot of people on there are really cool... And very helpful... And know alot of shit about music... And have led me to finding many tracks that were ( Unknown ) to me.

ENJOY...

Scott

Can anyone else agree that, even more now, the clubs are trying to cater more toward a different crowd - the one who does not necessarily there to dance, but to spend money? I think even more then ever they are trying to make as much money as fast as possible by attracting people who will not be there week after week, but who come there once in a while and spend? Tell me if you agree with me? How many real clubs are there left in NYC? Shelter, Arc, Exit (as much as I hate to put it in the club category), SF, Shelter, Ohm, Spa. Thats all I can realy come up with as far as true clubs go.

Originally posted by tottallyoff

Can anyone else agree that, even more now, the clubs are trying to cater more toward a different crowd - the one who does not necessarily there to dance, but to spend money? I think even more then ever they are trying to make as much money as fast as possible by attracting people who will not be there week after week, but who come there once in a while and spend? Tell me if you agree with me? How many real clubs are there left in NYC? Shelter, Arc, Exit (as much as I hate to put it in the club category), SF, Shelter, Ohm, Spa. Thats all I can realy come up with as far as true clubs go.

I agree...there def seems to be an influx of trendy lounges instead...some of those they promote as "clubs" but let's get real here...they are not clubs.

Def something diff going on these days in NYC....

Guest distort909

im telling all of u .come out & check out this warehouse i have in bklyn...................is a place where u can be free. no dress code no rules.only one treat others as u want to be treated

Guest distort909

yes tony it is i maria..................

how have you been...................good i hope.....

ill always be doing this..................its my life

Anyone know what the story is with Oakey at Estate@Limelight this Thursday (Thanksgiving Night)?

Is it a ticketed event? Haven't seen much promotion.. if any.

Used to work at Limelight/Tunnel back in the day.. so I figured it would be interesting (at the least) to check out Oakey in my old home.

can you PM me or tell me more about this???

sounds really refreshing!

Thanx

Joe

im telling all of u .come out & check out this warehouse i have in bklyn...................is a place where u can be free. no dress code no rules.only one treat others as u want to be treated