Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Offcial Saleen351, Maze/picotto Review...

Guest saleen351

I met something like 3 of you guys...but I really couldn't hear what your names on the board were. My ears were messed up from being so close to the freaking speakers. I wonder who it is I met...heh...attached is my picture...anybody remember meeting me? Let me know who you were! :cool:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Treepwood

Lee burridge not knowing what he is doing???

no way dude, he is one of the best DJs out there.

His sound is Unique and he can't be pigeon holed into 1 genre.

In my opinion he should have gotten #1 DJ, but he isn't as popular as tiesto. But then again everyone has their own style.

Saw him at Crobar....... yeah that club that used to be good w/ music... and kicked some @$$.....

Saw him at Spin his first time........ was a fun nite........

Missed him the second time at Spin......... but heard what happened........

Still...... he brought a refreshed face to proggy house ....... is one of the ones who sealed breaks into proggy......

I respect him....... but .......... like Tyrant even more!!!!....... when is someone going to bring Tyrant home?????:confused:

Anyone from MAZE to answer?? ......... it would be a-MAZE-ing...

:hat:

WOW I dont believe MAZE actually tried to get Cocoon (Richie Hawtin, SVen Vath) booked at there club. I flew up to chiocago just to see this. The vibe was unreal. Music and programming was on track the whole night.

Now I know everybody loves to hear progressive week after week after week. But maybe MAZE should try something like this. Something different musically. And not just on a small level. But a big timer that spins more of an original sound but still has a big name that will draw a crowd

example:

-Richie Hawtin

-Derrick Carter

-Carl Cox

-Marco Carola

-Green Velvet

-Misstress Barbara

-Adam Beyer

-Mark Farina

-Derick May

Originally posted by elduderino

I met something like 3 of you guys...but I really couldn't hear what your names on the board were. My ears were messed up from being so close to the freaking speakers. I wonder who it is I met...heh...attached is my picture...anybody remember meeting me? Let me know who you were! :cool:

yep, I remember you. I introduced you to a few CP peeps, since our official greeter mrmatas was busy holding the speaker up..:D you should try to head out for Edgar V. and Stryke on Friday. the crew should be in full effect.

totally enjoyed the sound system at maxe its the best Iv'e herd in S. Beach .. this night club has got the potiential to give space and others a real run for their money with the right advertising!!!! the drinks are priced right on ,and the staff is very curtious compared to others whose names I wont waste my time on mentioning. stayed 5 songs into BTs set and blew out for Piccato.. thank god because the show was sick. Bt is not the guy to open your club with . Marrio tor shit up. met some very cool people there Saleen hahaha thanks for the hook up. nice finally meeting junkies in person.. I'll give Maze a try again in a couple of weeks It works for me..

Peace

Buzz

did you hear RIchie Hawtin and Sven Vath on the radio show last week? We tried to get them in to Maze for their tour, but they only had 5 dates and they were booked....they will let Maze know when they start planning the next tour.

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

That would've rocked so hard!!!

I'm with matik on this one, MAZE people: PLEASE BRING SOME TECHNO!!!

Peace.

Originally posted by biznation00

tip: vibes are established by the residents. consistency...

Would this mean that for Markus Schulz to establish a vibe......he has to play at Opium, Nikkis, Space, Spin, Crobar and/or Level??:confused:

Tip: Start really supporting your local talent......... give them a hand .......... bet on them ............ What did they call it in science..... trial an error?? ..........

BTW....... congrats for supporting Jimmy and DHM....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally posted by Matik

WOW I dont believe MAZE actually tried to get Cocoon (Richie Hawtin, SVen Vath) booked at there club. I flew up to chiocago just to see this. The vibe was unreal. Music and programming was on track the whole night.

Now I know everybody loves to hear progressive week after week after week. But maybe MAZE should try something like this. Something different musically. And not just on a small level. But a big timer that spins more of an original sound but still has a big name that will draw a crowd

example:

-Richie Hawtin

-Derrick Carter

-Carl Cox

-Marco Carola

-Green Velvet

-Misstress Barbara

-Adam Beyer

-Mark Farina

-Derick May

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree with you in the concept............ have heard live only a few of them.......... and am eager to listen to them in a real club......

There is more than proggy house out there......... and IMO Miami is ready for something other than prog or trance........ but it will take promoters to educate clubbers.........

It is as if you were taught math with a calculator......... can someone know more than just what they were taught with??? ........

:hat:

Originally posted by sobeton

yep, I remember you. I introduced you to a few CP peeps, since our official greeter mrmatas was busy holding the speaker up..:D you should try to head out for Edgar V. and Stryke on Friday. the crew should be in full effect.

Matas was busy being the official CP snuggler.:laugh: :laugh: :love::laugh:

To the know-it-alls on the board.. :rolleyes:

The meaning behind the "tip" statement.. the residents of the party/club (ANY Party/Club!!) are the ones to establish the vibe (WHATEVER VIBE- Good or Bad!!) & set the foundation for the party.

Residents establish consistency & set the tempo while educating their crowds in their ways. An example of residents setting the tone & vibe of a party is DHM. Their crowds know what to expect (in terms of consistency, not predictability) & their promoters can rest easier knowing they can bring in special guests that fit the formula, without it having to be thought of as a gamble.

Without consistency & foundation, every guest turns out to be a gamble. Some of us have learned that it's not just about- "if you book them, they will come"...

So that explains my "tip".

Would this mean that for Markus Schulz to establish a vibe......he has to play at Opium, Nikkis, Space, Spin, Crobar and/or Level??

Vipnerd,

tell me something.. What the hell does "Markus schulz", vibe & Opium, Crobar, Space, etc." have anything to do with what I stated earlier??

Hog,

At what point did I bring up Spin in my statement??

Don't assume & put words in my mouth... Talk about something constructive, instead of finding plugs to instigate arguments. It's no wonder this board has been on a constant downward spiral... :rolleyes:

To the know-it-alls on the board.. :rolleyes:

The meaning behind the "tip" statement.. the residents of the party/club (ANY Party/Club!!) are the ones to establish the vibe (WHATEVER VIBE- Good or Bad!!) & set the foundation for the party.

Residents establish consistency & set the tempo while educating their crowds in their ways. An example of residents setting the tone & vibe of a party is DHM. Their crowds know what to expect (in terms of consistency, not predictability) & their promoters can rest easier knowing they can bring in special guests that fit the formula, without it having to be thought of as a gamble.

Without consistency & foundation, every guest turns out to be a gamble. Some of us have learned that it's not just about- "if you book them, they will come"...

So that explains my "tip".

Vipnerd,

tell me something.. What the hell does "Markus schulz", vibe & Opium, Crobar, Space, etc." have anything to do with what I stated earlier??

Hog,

At what point did I bring up Spin in my statement??

Don't assume & put words in my mouth... Talk about something constructive, instead of finding plugs to instigate arguments. It's no wonder this board has been on a constant downward spiral... :rolleyes:

Don’t get me wrong the vibe at space is great and I always enjoy it. Sorry you don’t enjoy my humor but that was just an easy jab at Spin.

tip: vibes are established by the residents. consistency...

I don't know everything...... I only know that I know nothing....

Were you talking about immigration then?..... so then what do U mean by consistency?:blank:

My tip was more clearly stated....... and it's in my signature ......"Support Your Local DJs".............

BTW ........ gave up on trying to be a DJ...:D ....... I like to pay for people to entertain me:eek:

Peace, bro :hat:

Glad everyone had a great time........

Sounds like Maze kept the place just like Salvation was... which is awesome in my opinion. Clean and simple...good deal....

I am officially grounded from nightlife due to holiday funds... however I plan to re-emerge for Peter Rauhofer on December 28th... Wooo yeah! (AND DEEP DISH @ SPACE TOO)

Wish I could have been there for Picotto..... I WILL CATCH HIM NEXT TIME HE'S DOWN!!!!

I'm off to holiday shop:D

Lola;)