Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Offcial Saleen351, Maze/picotto Review...

Guest saleen351

Originally posted by dakotalynn

just wanted to add a little info regarding Maze. Markus Schulz is the friday night resident. He is working closely with the management regarding the upcoming guest dj bokings. Armin Van Buuren was a great choice for them for next week. After all he just got the #5 spot on DJ Mag's top 100.

Maze is working with Balance regarding booking their djs. After all, it was Sasha and the rest of the Balance staff that suggested to Maze they hire Markus as the resident.

Who else would you all like to see booked? This is a great opportunity to get your ideas out there so we can get working on them....

BTW, yesterday someone mentioned "Cocoon"....did you hear RIchie Hawtin and Sven Vath on the radio show last week? We tried to get them in to Maze for their tour, but they only had 5 dates and they were booked....they will let Maze know when they start planning the next tour.

Wow.........Balance is on the talks?.......not surprised.........Crobar went the commercial way + Subliminal........:(

Now......send Sasha a promo of Ariel........Fedex it......it's worth his time.....and your money.....;)

As James954 implied.....get some top DJs going early on.....let the clubbers know your place early........you've stepped in the luckiest time........

Miami had become a monopoly for nitelife.......'cause Level wasn't a player a long time ago.........two entities controlling a market is a monopoly.......and Kenny and Louis enjoyed it for quite too long.....and a monopoly only brings injustice to those left out......where are all of our local DJs that have a drag?.......proven drag?????.........:confused:

I can hear already........loudly.....Digweed......Deep Dish (plis not feat. Ali or Sharam, both!)........Nick Warren .....Tyrant?? ....... Picotto..... Zabiela...... Jimmy VM ........ Parks & Wilson..... give a residency to Howells......... you guys know better than I .....just by the way you build up your place......

I wish you the best of lucks........ breaking a monopoly is not the easiest task.... you guys got it going in the right direction...... don't feel shy...... MUSIC IS THE ANSWER... TO YOUR PROBLEMS...

:hat:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GA2, excellent suggestions there, especially Jimmy Van M. I've seen him as an opening DJ, a headlining DJ, and a co-headlining DJ (doing a tag team with Lee Burridge.)

Saleen, I thought Space had Deep Dish as quarterly residents(?), so I doubt they'll be coming to Maze anytime soon.

As far as booking future talent, the most logical choice is to book DJs who were featured, or will be featured, on the Global DJ Broadacast.

Some DJ suggestions

Techno:

Derrick Carter

Carl Cox

Tom Wax

Monika Kruse

Progressive:

Sasha + Digweed (together)

Lee Burridge + Jimmy Van M

Sander Kleinenberg

Anthony Pappa

Jerry Bonham

Taj

Three

Sandra Collins

Trance:

Ferry Corsten

Christopher Lawrence

Blank & Jones

Benjamin Bates

Astrid

Mars & Mystre

Graham Gold

Angy Dee

Kimball Collins

And if you're considering HardHouse:

DJ Irene

Lisa Lashes

Tom Harding

Jon Bishop

I've also always loved sets by the likes of Richard Humpty Vission and Bad Boy Bill who've got great turntables skills backed up with a lot of good anthems playing.

A lot of the other top Trance and House DJs already seem to have an arrangement with one of the other clubs in town, so I didn't know whether to suggest DJs like Tiesto or Lawler on there.

BTW Saleen, I agree that JP, Vicious and Les might be good suggestions too.

I definitely want Maze to be a success; healthy competition is good for our scene. I’ve given up on crobar a long time ago, they have their audience and it works for them; hence I don’t see them pushing the envelope any time soon. Level who knows what they are doing, they seem a bit lost right now. if Maze’s opening night is any indication, they have to do better. having BT who really is not a DJ, open on the same night, as Mauro Picotto was not a bright move. I’m sure there circuit parties will do well on Saturday; they have some serious talent in that respect. friday is the night they can do something with.

I to would like to see them bring folks like Digweed, Nick Warren, etc. I also would like to see them give our local boys like Stryke , Ariel Baund, Jimmy T., etc a home to play. build an audience utilizing global talent, and our homegrown talent as well. let’s see how the story unfolds..

just reading your "dj wish lists". you are all exactly in line with what markus wants to do there.

as soon as they brought markus on board, he was hot on the phone to armin.

i appreciate the suggestions....looks like we are on the right path.

as for the balance guys....the guy who designed the club also did the delta heave tour, so he spent 3 months in the back of a tour bus with sasha and digweed talking to them about what their "ideal" club would be.

anyone else? we want to make this your place. let me know.

in the mean time, please make sure you support markus in his cause especially when he plays a 5 hour set on december 20 and 27.

Saleen i don't know if anyone has said it yet. But from what i heard digweed turned down the residency at space, cause of the way they treated him when he was there on june of 2001. Supposedly they kicked him out of the decks so edgar v can close.

Not sure what else.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by Treepwood

Saleen i don't know if anyone has said it yet. But from what i heard digweed turned down the residency at space, cause of the way they treated him when he was there on june of 2001. Supposedly they kicked him out of the decks so edgar v can close.

Not sure what else.

i heard a version of that story, but never knew it was real. But it makes you wonder why they didn't kick off lee buridge at spin, when he clearly had no idea what he was doing.... space is just clueless and soon the competition will be eating away at their monopoly...

Originally posted by Treepwood

Not sure what else.

Was it June 2001, or June 2000??:confused: Too much partying and relaxing on a daily basis.

Space was great...had fun...danced for a bit...rest for a bit...danced for a bit...etc...etc....Picotto killed me on Friday....had alot of fun...SUCKS THAT THE PATIO DIDNT OPEN!!!!! Great opening set by Roly....Picotto just destroyed Space and my legs....LP good Dj, just i wasnt feeling the trance at that moment...i also have a complaint about the way Space handled the "list" situation and the admission...but space is famous for such stunts...u have to take it in stride...by no way am i defending what they did, but it was expected...great hanging with the usuals - - u know who u are!!! great meeting: naomi, soldado and questforsunrise....overall a great night.....my next and LAST time u will see me at space till after Christmas is STRYKE VS EDGAR V!!!!! then its vacation time for me at Space.....:D

Hello CPers!

First of all, I want to thank ALL OF YOU who came down and see us on Friday night. It was nice to see some familiar faces (although I haven’t met most of you yet) and I’m glad to hear you had a good time.

I also want to thank you for your feedback. I have been hearing (and reading) great reviews of our space, lights & sound, as well as our drink prices... :) Please e-mail me at carla@clubmaze.com with any other comments or suggestions. We are always open to new ideas and are very interested in what you all have to say.

I hope to see you ALL on Friday for Armin Van Buuren, which should be madness... It is also the grand opening of our martini bar, LIME BAR, on Friday, which is SOOO beautiful. Please come in and check it out before AVB (open from 8 on, open bar from 8 to 9...) Please look for me when you come in on Friday. There are a lot of you that

So, take care of yourselves and come by or e-mail me if you want a little tour of the place. I’ll be more than glad to show you around...

m a z e g i r l

Hello CPers!

First of all, I want to thank ALL OF YOU who came down and see us on Friday night. It was nice to see some familiar faces (although I haven’t met most of you yet) and I’m glad to hear you had a good time.

I also want to thank you for your feedback. I have been hearing (and reading) great reviews of our space, lights & sound, as well as our drink prices... :) Please e-mail me at carla@clubmaze.com with any other comments or suggestions. We are always open to new ideas and are very interested in what you all have to say.

I hope to see you ALL on Friday for Armin Van Buuren, which should be madness... It is also the grand opening of our martini bar, LIME BAR, on Friday, which is SOOO beautiful. Please come in and check it out before AVB (open from 8 on, open bar from 8 to 9...) Please look for me when you come in on Friday. I will probablt be running around the VIP area... There are a lot of you that I haven't had a chance to meet yet. :blank:

So, take care of yourselves and come by or e-mail me if you want a little tour of the place. I’ll be more than glad to show you around...

m a z e g i r l

Originally posted by mazegirl

Please look for me when you come in on Friday. I will probablt be running around the VIP area... There are a lot of you that I haven't had a chance to meet yet. :blank:

m a z e g i r l

How nice it is to see a club working to earn our business!

Picotto was awesome. Great to meet Saleen, thehog, and mrmatas as well as meli. Don't know if you guys remember meeting me as it was rather brief. Had to leave around 4 cause I had to work in the morning. Anyway, had not been to space in a while and my ears were ringing all the way home. Don't know how you guys can stand in front of that speaker all night long.

Picotto:blown:

Originally posted by chaos33

Picotto was awesome. Great to meet Saleen, thehog, and mrmatas as well as meli. Don't know if you guys remember meeting me as it was rather brief. Had to leave around 4 cause I had to work in the morning. Anyway, had not been to space in a while and my ears were ringing all the way home. Don't know how you guys can stand in front of that speaker all night long.

Picotto:blown:

I think I remember meeting you

I know what you mean about the ringing in the ears. My ear's were hurting all weekend. You know what they say "No pain no gain":laugh:

Originally posted by chaos33

Picotto was awesome. Great to meet Saleen, thehog, and mrmatas as well as meli. Don't know if you guys remember meeting me as it was rather brief.

of course i remember u...the one that couldnt hear anything that i was saying:tongue: ...most of the CP are deaf anyways, thats why we stand beside the speaker...glad u had a fun time bro, we have to hang again....:D

Lee burridge not knowing what he is doing???

no way dude, he is one of the best DJs out there.

His sound is Unique and he can't be pigeon holed into 1 genre.

In my opinion he should have gotten #1 DJ, but he isn't as popular as tiesto. But then again everyone has their own style.