Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Offcial Saleen351, Maze/picotto Review...

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

WE got to Maze at 10pm. They were not ready and the alarm was going off, the dj was locked outside, and it was kinda like there was no major club there, just 30 people standing next to a building. Anyways at 1030 or so we get in. Place is really nice, but not faggot nice. Its a real club. Its not so much of a look at me place. Sound system is pumping and clear. Best i've heard. It is crystal clear. Stryke was telling me you have to break in a system, so it might get even better.:eek:

Layout is nice, place is big and just plain clean and simple, just the way i like it. We left at 1am to go to space but you can tell it has the potential. Lights are nice, but at the time it was a little too bright by the bar for my taste, but like i said we left at 1am when BT was comming on. By the way BT goes down as the dj with the worst hair cut in the industry. I think maze will have some problems with the booth. Its too easy for patrons to lean over into it, or yell shit like "play some fucking guido anthems" or just plain drop a drink in there. They should get some plexieglass.

Me and hog took a tour of the place and since hog is in the construction biz, he pointed out all the violations. So i pointed one out. By the speaker stack by the bar, a piece sticks out about 6 feet off the floor. Hog is like "some one is gonna wack their head on there". As soon as he said it, some dude came 2 inches from splitting his head open.

If nothing else you guys should go to hear the system.. Staff was nice and polite, i'm not loving the bathroom situation, they had a oppurtunity to make it like the my fav club bathroom, which is Shampoo in philly. If you ever have been there, you know how cool it is. Any ways, the bathroom is kinda far from the action and you have to fight traffic from the people entering the club to get to it. Its by far the best club on the beach. Hands down. With that being said, I"m not saying it will do the best either. More on that later..

So we leave and get to space, we walk right in, pay 30 mother fucking dollars, which i'm not pissed it was picotto, but i knew all week there was gonna be a problem with the list, so thats why I posted on here, for yous just to pay and not worry about it. The space staff, and managment are just clueless fucks. 5 Hours before MP goes on a space employee posted it was a mess up.. Seriously, did any of the space staff go to college? Did they ever hold a real job? If you did the shit they do, and worked for a real company, they would be fired in 4 days flat.. Koky, you should have known, and you should of had the door guy kick you square in the balls, cause thats what space does week in and week out. LET ME GUESS LP IS GONNA BLAME ANOTHER ROGUE PROMOTER FOR THIS SLIP UP... Its pathetic and space has no respect for anyone.. Hence why i'm in semi retirement and hence why i told every one to book spaces djs in lauderdale, so i don't have to deal with their bullshit. I mean i feel bad, i rip these guys and people like biz, roland, og who have nothing to do with the BS get caught in the cross fire, and its not funny, since this is how they take care of them selves and their familes. So to those guys i'm sorry, but i have to be objective, and i have to voice my true feelings, its my money and my time.

Well picotto was sick. Nothing else to say about the music, it was typical #1 dj in the world music... Why isn't he a quarter resident??? But yet they book fucking lawler...

Hog is right, there might have been only 25 girls there over the age of 21.. Maybe 100 girls under 21. That place is in serious trouble if they think with no chicks people will still come.

Though the bartenders, were smiling, and dancing and served me drinks nice and fast, and even got a few thank yous when i tipped them. Could the saleen, space and spin bashing helped? We will never know.

All in all I had a blast. Its picotto for gods sake. Though LP tossing down trance sucked. Why didn't roland spin after MP?

Now for the club scene with the addition of maze:

I just don't see the clubs in sobe have anywhere near the crowds they need to pull it off. I'm really thinking there needs to be a club closeing to take place to really help out the scene. Maze is so far away from the "south beach scene" that i'm kinda worried, yet its far away that it's "real" club. Is it too far off the beaten path? It might be, yet that could lure some local folk in. I'm sure their gay sat party will do fine. But with space trying to reinvent its fridays, which in my opinion is not gonna happen, and spin trying to figure out their drink prices still, could maze step up? I think so, yet I don't think so.

I really like the club, its the best on the beach, but it seems to me the beach likes hype not fact. So maze needs to really do some hard promoting work. And 20 bones at the door is not gonna help... Though 4 mother fucking dollar beers will bring me back..:eek: :eek:

Like i said there is simply not enough people to fill the clubs down here. I really dont' see how space is gonna fill a club twice the size when they can't fill it now? Yea i know the new club and all of that bs, but the allure will end, and the crowds will go home. Plus word is space is not ready for new years, and if they do get it open, it will not be done..

Throw lauderdale in the mix, and we got an ole club war starting. Maze needs a local like stryke to take the decks at 3am or so. On the radio it said it was open till 7am, can anyone confirm this?

I know one thing, lauderdale has the crowds, money, and hot nice females to pull off something special. Whereas miami and sobe don't. Plus more clubs are comming in downtown miami. I'm not sure how these club owners sleep at night. I'd be worried all the time.

ANY TRANCE IS TOO MUCH TRANCE...

ANY PICOTTO IS NOT ENOUGH PICOTTO...

i forgot one thing, when I posted that something on the space flyer was odd, I was right. I Saw you leave the booth last night, are you back at space?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by saleen351

WELL I'LL EDIT THIS WHEN I WAKE UP, WE JUST GOT IN..

MAZE IS PHAT. SOUND SYSTEM IS OFF THE METER. MIGHT BE THE BEST I'VE EVER HEARD... MAZE GIRL LOOKED SOOOOOOOO SEXY AS USUAL. PLACE HAS TONS OF POTENTIAL.. THE LOCATION IS GREAT FOR ME. REALLY NICE IN SIDE BUT NOT FAGGOT SOBE NICE, JUST NICE AND FUNCTIONAL... THANKS TO COOLJUNKIE FOR THE INVITE..I THINK WE WERE THE THIRD PEOPLE IN THE DOOR.. BT WAS A BAD FIT FOR THE PLACE...

PICOTTO WAS GREAT, NO COMPLAINTS. SPACE WAS GREAT. THOUGH THE FEMALE SITUATION WASN'T AS BAD AS USUAL ITS NO WHERE NEAR A LAUERDAEL CLUB, BUT 30 BONES AT THE DOOR:eek: :eek: :eek: MEANS I WON'T BE GOING BACK WHEN ITS THAT MUCH.. I LEFT WHEN SPACIOUS DECIDED TO PLAY TRANCE AFTER PICOTTO...

ANY WAYS I'LL EDIT THIS IN THE MORNING, FOR ALL THE DETAILS AND CP SIGHTINGS...:)

MAZE IS WORTH THE STOP IN, BUT ONLY IF WE CAN GET THE COVER TO 10 BUCKS... 20 IS A LITTLE STEEP IMO... BUT WELL SEE...

u can't edit it now. :laugh: :laugh:

OK, HERE IT IS THRU MY EYES

got there at 11:25 was getting in by 11:45 & the people at the door told me that the password for the discount was closed ! so i asked when did it close & they said "like 10 mins ago" ... so it closed at 11:35 pm..... i was not upset cause i had to pay $30, if i had to pay $50 to see him i would !! but just the fact that a few of the cp'ers here are always talkin shit that space did this n that & im always defending space !!! but last night i'd of ad to stick my tongue in my ass cause i saw it happen & it kinda disilusioned my perfect picture of my fav club :( ... i mean , if you dont wanna let that many people in with the discount then stall the line or sumthin like that ... dont just flat out lie & say the list was closed at 10 mins ago & its only 11:35..:mad: that just didnt make sense !! it was pretty fucked up in my eyes ..

well,enough of that !!! lets get to the music in the BLUE ROOM !!!

Roly opening up sweeeet with some really nice tracks as usual.. night began kinda slow but moved along smoothely..

piccotto got on a bit early (cant remember the time) & let me fucking tell you !!! the "ENERGY" this guy released was so unreal that i froze up & could never really get dancing !! i felt like i was in shock or some crazy shit !! but i enjoyed the hell out of his set !!! TRULY THE MOST ENERGY PUMPING DJ ANYWHERE !! next time i plan on seeing him im getting physically fit !! & im going to see him in shorts & running shoes cause you really need em to keep up with this BAD MOTHER FUCKER !!

IT WAS GREAT HANGING WITH THE CP CREW ONCE AGAIN... GREAT MEETING THE NEW ONES ..& THE TRIUMPHENT RETURN OF NAOMI & SOLDADO ;) glad to see you guys out once again !! missed greatly = joeygk, abby & steffy..wish yall were there !!

& to the originals (ya know who you are)

a great big group HUG from koky to you .. peace !! im out !!:)

Originally posted by koky

got there at 11:25 was getting in by 11:45 & the people at the door told me that the password for the discount was closed ! so i asked when did it close & they said "like 10 mins ago" ... so it closed at 11:35 pm..... i was not upset cause i had to pay $30, if i had to pay $50 to see him i would !! but just the fact that a few of the cp'ers here are always talkin shit that space did this n that & im always defending space !!! but last night i'd of ad to stick my tongue in my ass cause i saw it happen & it kinda disilusioned my perfect picture of my fav club :( ... i mean , if you dont wanna let that many people in with the discount then stall the line or sumthin like that ... dont just flat out lie & say the list was closed at 10 mins ago & its only 11:35..:mad: that just didnt make sense !! it was pretty fucked up in my eyes ..

:blown: sounds like the last few times I was at Space:blown:

P - I - C - C - O - T - T - O :eek::D

WOW We have been waiting since first seeing him in June and it was well worth the wait. I have never seen so much energy in my life period. He was working the decks with nasty sick shit none stop. THis guy can work a crowd like none other, at around 4:30 he droppped the hammer for 10 - 15min straight .:eek: Just sick sick sick. People juming up and down going nuts everywhere, sorry to the girl I guido fist pumped in the back of the head on the dance floor.:laugh: Ow and good thing it was 18+ for the girls because there would have been a total of 20 if not. I mean it's not like I'm going after a girl that age but atleast it is something to look at.

If I could steel a common CP term "I never danced so hard in my life"

:laugh: :laugh:

Maze was cool but not very crowded at all. The sound system has to be the best I have ever heard. It's got the clarity of Crow Bar and the thump of Space. Is it worth $25 to go there????NO

I just don't think Sobe/miami has the crowds for Fri. night. I just can't remember the last Fri. that a club was packed for more than a few hours.

I wish I could have heard some Roland after MP but LP was on the decks forever and my back, feet and leggs where fucking shot.

It was great hanging with the CP heads. I tell my friends they are the coolest bunch of people you could evey meet off the net.:cool: I think Space should start selling coffee because Matas looked like he needed a full pot.:laugh:

:eek::mad:

I have never had a problem at Space, but thinkinkg twice, I am the only one left in Miami who has always paid full cover. $30 sound like my budget for the whole night!!!:(

But I'm glad you guys had such a good time. Some good friends of mine were going and tried to convince me, but I'm really out of shape for a super energetic nite, and as Koky said I would need to train for quite a bit, which I didn't.

Anyways, I ended up in the Sonesta at the Grove for a "cheesy party" that send me towards the end of the nite with this gorgeous blond russian back home:cool:

...IT WAS GREAT HANGING WITH THE CP CREW ONCE AGAIN... GREAT MEETING THE NEW ONES ..& THE TRIUMPHENT RETURN OF NAOMI & SOLDADO ;) glad to see you guys out once again !! missed greatly = joeygk, abby & steffy..wish yall were there !!

& to the originals (ya know who you are)

a great big group HUG from koky to you .. peace !! im out !!:)

:aright:

It was nice to hang with my buddies Koky, Sobe and everyone else that I met yesterday night from the board. Thanks Koky & Sobe for letting me know who was who. My review of space it was an okay night where there was plenty room to dance and act fool with a couple of friends.

By the way Koky, I have your lights. I will get your lights to you somehow in the next few days. :eek:

WE got to Maze at 10pm. They were not ready and the alarm was going off, the dj was locked outside, and it was kinda like there was no major club there, just 30 people standing next to a building. Anyways at 1030 or so we get in. Place is really nice, but not faggot nice. Its a real club. Its not so much of a look at me place. Sound system is pumping and clear. Best i've heard. It is crystal clear. Stryke was telling me you have to break in a system, so it might get even better.:eek:

Layout is nice, place is big and just plain clean and simple, just the way i like it. We left at 1am to go to space but you can tell it has the potential. Lights are nice, but at the time it was a little too bright by the bar for my taste, but like i said we left at 1am when BT was comming on. By the way BT goes down as the dj with the worst hair cut in the industry. I think maze will have some problems with the booth. Its too easy for patrons to lean over into it, or yell shit like "play some fucking guido anthems" or just plain drop a drink in there. They should get some plexieglass.

Me and hog took a tour of the place and since hog is in the construction biz, he pointed out all the violations. So i pointed one out. By the speaker stack by the bar, a piece sticks out about 6 feet off the floor. Hog is like "some one is gonna wack their head on there". As soon as he said it, some dude came 2 inches from splitting his head open.

If nothing else you guys should go to hear the system.. Staff was nice and polite, i'm not loving the bathroom situation, they had a oppurtunity to make it like the my fav club bathroom, which is Shampoo in philly. If you ever have been there, you know how cool it is. Any ways, the bathroom is kinda far from the action and you have to fight traffic from the people entering the club to get to it. Its by far the best club on the beach. Hands down. With that being said, I"m not saying it will do the best either. More on that later..

So we leave and get to space, we walk right in, pay 30 mother fucking dollars, which i'm not pissed it was picotto, but i knew all week there was gonna be a problem with the list, so thats why I posted on here, for yous just to pay and not worry about it. The space staff, and managment are just clueless fucks. 5 Hours before MP goes on a space employee posted it was a mess up.. Seriously, did any of the space staff go to college? Did they ever hold a real job? If you did the shit they do, and worked for a real company, they would be fired in 4 days flat.. Koky, you should have known, and you should of had the door guy kick you square in the balls, cause thats what space does week in and week out. LET ME GUESS LP IS GONNA BLAME ANOTHER ROGUE PROMOTER FOR THIS SLIP UP... Its pathetic and space has no respect for anyone.. Hence why i'm in semi retirement and hence why i told every one to book spaces djs in lauderdale, so i don't have to deal with their bullshit. I mean i feel bad, i rip these guys and people like biz, roland, og who have nothing to do with the BS get caught in the cross fire, and its not funny, since this is how they take care of them selves and their familes. So to those guys i'm sorry, but i have to be objective, and i have to voice my true feelings, its my money and my time.

Well picotto was sick. Nothing else to say about the music, it was typical #1 dj in the world music... Why isn't he a quarter resident??? But yet they book fucking lawler...

Hog is right, there might have been only 25 girls there over the age of 21.. Maybe 100 girls under 21. That place is in serious trouble if they think with no chicks people will still come.

Though the bartenders, were smiling, and dancing and served me drinks nice and fast, and even got a few thank yous when i tipped them. Could the saleen, space and spin bashing helped? We will never know.

All in all I had a blast. Its picotto for gods sake. Though LP tossing down trance sucked. Why didn't roland spin after MP?

Now for the club scene with the addition of maze:

I just don't see the clubs in sobe have anywhere near the crowds they need to pull it off. I'm really thinking there needs to be a club closeing to take place to really help out the scene. Maze is so far away from the "south beach scene" that i'm kinda worried, yet its far away that it's "real" club. Is it too far off the beaten path? It might be, yet that could lure some local folk in. I'm sure their gay sat party will do fine. But with space trying to reinvent its fridays, which in my opinion is not gonna happen, and spin trying to figure out their drink prices still, could maze step up? I think so, yet I don't think so.

I really like the club, its the best on the beach, but it seems to me the beach likes hype not fact. So maze needs to really do some hard promoting work. And 20 bones at the door is not gonna help... Though 4 mother fucking dollar beers will bring me back..:eek: :eek:

Like i said there is simply not enough people to fill the clubs down here. I really dont' see how space is gonna fill a club twice the size when they can't fill it now? Yea i know the new club and all of that bs, but the allure will end, and the crowds will go home. Plus word is space is not ready for new years, and if they do get it open, it will not be done..

Throw lauderdale in the mix, and we got an ole club war starting. Maze needs a local like stryke to take the decks at 3am or so. On the radio it said it was open till 7am, can anyone confirm this?

I know one thing, lauderdale has the crowds, money, and hot nice females to pull off something special. Whereas miami and sobe don't. Plus more clubs are comming in downtown miami. I'm not sure how these club owners sleep at night. I'd be worried all the time.

ANY TRANCE IS TOO MUCH TRANCE...

ANY PICOTTO IS NOT ENOUGH PICOTTO...

i forgot one thing, when I posted that something on the space flyer was odd, I was right. I Saw you leave the booth last night, are you back at space?

Wow, what a pair of reviews!................

Questions about Maze:

1) How was Bill Hamel

2) How was the crowd

3) What % of capacity did they have at 1 am??

4) What were their vodka/whiskey prices ( if U asked)

5) Did U check the other rooms?? Were they accesible to the mainfloor clubbers??

Thanx...........:hat:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by vipnerd

Wow, what a pair of reviews!................

Questions about Maze:

1) How was Bill Hamel

2) How was the crowd

3) What % of capacity did they have at 1 am??

4) What were their vodka/whiskey prices ( if U asked)

5) Did U check the other rooms?? Were they accesible to the mainfloor clubbers??

Thanx...........:hat:

1. the djs didn't really get going by 1am when we left

2. crowd was ok, some cuties up in there, nice mix, about 200 people at 1am or so.

3.probably 5% capacity

4.not sure, they gave us free shots...

5. the other rooms were ok, kinda loungey, i think one of them is closed off to vip, but the other looks like its open to the public..

1. the djs didn't really get going by 1am when we left

2. crowd was ok, some cuties up in there, nice mix, about 200 people at 1am or so.

3.probably 5% capacity

4.not sure, they gave us free shots...

5. the other rooms were ok, kinda loungey, i think one of them is closed off to vip, but the other looks like its open to the public..

WTF!!......if they had only 5% capacity by 1 am, on a Thanksgiving weekend w/White Party week included......they have to do some serious, serious promoting........

And I'm saying this because on the opening of any "serious" club....... there is normally a line around the corner!

Now I'm really worried for them!:rolleyes:

Did anyone stay until 3 or 4??...... did they get their dancefloor going????:(

The only VIP @ Maze is the one near the side bar...upstairs is wide open from what I could see.

Like I said in the other thread, the Funktion One array is amazing. Fantastic low end, almost zero distortion on the mids, and a good HF sound, make this one a winner in my book.

Lighting is out of hand, great array in there!

What I like about Maze is, that it is still on the beach, but not subject to that beach attitude. The ghetto thugs cannot go back that far, they have to cut across an intervening residential area to get to it, good luck, there's probably about 20 cops along the way with nothing better to do but beat the shit outta ya or impound your Escalade...the snooty VIP crowd may go back there, just for sanctuary. Frankly I hope they do. They spend money...

Maze also has a 'quiet room' of sorts, with the music on at a low volume...great for relaxation...

Overall, the opening night seemed like a 'beta-test' to me, they probably had to open because BT was scheduled and they didn't want to break his contract. I think next week is gonna be tops, with Armin Van Buren...

The crowds were thin, yes, but the people there were the 'right' people. Local DJs, a clubowner or two, record-label people, a gaggle of technically-oriented people, and various promoters were in attendance, with some good ideas on their minds. If even one or two of them come to fruition, Maze may just pose a serious threat to the superclub dominance of crobar and Level. Don't get me wrong, I like crobar and Level, but I want something different. I'm sick and tired of seeing my favorite DJs at only crobar. crobar's getting a bit played out. They need to reinvent themselves...It's why I was glad to see Lawler at Space...change of environment. I'd love to see someone like Satoshi take to the decks at Maze, or perhaps Digweed, or some of the other Balance DJs.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by vipnerd

WTF!!......if they had only 5% capacity by 1 am, on a Thanksgiving weekend w/White Party week included......they have to do some serious, serious promoting........

And I'm saying this because on the opening of any "serious" club....... there is normally a line around the corner!

Now I'm really worried for them!:rolleyes:

Did anyone stay until 3 or 4??...... did they get their dancefloor going????:(

i'm sure for the gay party tonight they will pack them in... when space first opened, i was told no one showed up for a couple weeks... so we'll see, but i'd support it, its the only show in town to rival space with sounds, lights and atmosphere...

here is my review...

Got there at like 11:30!!! Thats the earliest i have ever gotten to space!!!

The blue room wasnt even open!!!(which basically forced me to commit to MR Johhny Walker) and what a long nite i had in front of me!!!

Roland was on point as usual!!! Love that nirvana remix he threw down before the lizard man got on the decks!

As soon as Mauro dropped the needle, down came the roof, and up went everyone's hands in the air!!!

Not as stuffed as his last two performances, but it kinda hinted to take advantage and dance all nite long!!!

I vote Mauro as the "GUIDO FIST PUMPING MASCOT"

Great chillen with the cp squad!

hope to see yall at the ice palace film studios tonite!!!

Guest saleen351

A few more things about maze that i forgot:

When you walk in, they have this long hall way you go down, well right above your head they have this walk way with people dancing above you, its kinda cool.

to the right there is a kick ass lounge/vip area/section of the club, done up really nicely... should be phat for a private party, but your still only 15 feet to the dance floor. They have phat seats all over.

There is a catwalk around the entire dance floor, so you can look down and see the entire club. The two other rooms are upstairs. One is probably the size of the vip part of the main room at space..

The other looks very vipish with leather seats, and much smaller, maybe the size of RED in sobe.

Place is clean, real clean, and real plain, just done up perfect. They have tvs all over, but i didn't see them on. i'm suggesting they play porn movies:eek: :eek: if that place gets packed, there probably gonna be a problem getting drinks. There really isn't much bar space.. Well there is , but there isn't.. You'll have to see it for yourself..

With a vibe and crowd, and NO TRANCE, i think they will do fine. Soooooooooooooooooo easy to get to, take alton off 195 east, right to 18th street, and you are there..

I was really impressed with their staff...

I'll see what i can do for cp list or someshit, cause like i said, 20 bones is a little too much if they want to get serious, they better lower the prices for at least a couple weeks..

IMO with good promoters and good talent, they should and will own fridays south of lauderdale.... That includes space and spin, crobar and level...

Originally posted by pod

The only VIP @ Maze is the one near the side bar...upstairs is wide open from what I could see.

Like I said in the other thread, the Funktion One array is amazing. Fantastic low end, almost zero distortion on the mids, and a good HF sound, make this one a winner in my book.

Lighting is out of hand, great array in there!

What I like about Maze is, that it is still on the beach, but not subject to that beach attitude. The ghetto thugs cannot go back that far, they have to cut across an intervening residential area to get to it, good luck, there's probably about 20 cops along the way with nothing better to do but beat the shit outta ya or impound your Escalade...the snooty VIP crowd may go back there, just for sanctuary. Frankly I hope they do. They spend money...

Maze also has a 'quiet room' of sorts, with the music on at a low volume...great for relaxation...

Overall, the opening night seemed like a 'beta-test' to me, they probably had to open because BT was scheduled and they didn't want to break his contract. I think next week is gonna be tops, with Armin Van Buren...

The crowds were thin, yes, but the people there were the 'right' people. Local DJs, a clubowner or two, record-label people, a gaggle of technically-oriented people, and various promoters were in attendance, with some good ideas on their minds. If even one or two of them come to fruition, Maze may just pose a serious threat to the superclub dominance of crobar and Level. Don't get me wrong, I like crobar and Level, but I want something different. I'm sick and tired of seeing my favorite DJs at only crobar. crobar's getting a bit played out. They need to reinvent themselves...It's why I was glad to see Lawler at Space...change of environment. I'd love to see someone like Satoshi take to the decks at Maze, or perhaps Digweed, or some of the other Balance DJs.

:clap2: :clap2:

U just gave me breath again........Digweed at Maze??.....with the goodies U described they bought ???........"from your mouth to God's ears!"........:hat:

A few more things about maze that i forgot:

When you walk in, they have this long hall way you go down, well right above your head they have this walk way with people dancing above you, its kinda cool.

to the right there is a kick ass lounge/vip area/section of the club, done up really nicely... should be phat for a private party, but your still only 15 feet to the dance floor. They have phat seats all over.

There is a catwalk around the entire dance floor, so you can look down and see the entire club. The two other rooms are upstairs. One is probably the size of the vip part of the main room at space..

The other looks very vipish with leather seats, and much smaller, maybe the size of RED in sobe.

Place is clean, real clean, and real plain, just done up perfect. They have tvs all over, but i didn't see them on. i'm suggesting they play porn movies:eek: :eek: if that place gets packed, there probably gonna be a problem getting drinks. There really isn't much bar space.. Well there is , but there isn't.. You'll have to see it for yourself..

With a vibe and crowd, and NO TRANCE, i think they will do fine. Soooooooooooooooooo easy to get to, take alton off 195 east, right to 18th street, and you are there..

I was really impressed with their staff...

I'll see what i can do for cp list or someshit, cause like i said, 20 bones is a little too much if they want to get serious, they better lower the prices for at least a couple weeks..

IMO with good promoters and good talent, they should and will own fridays south of lauderdale.... That includes space and spin, crobar and level...

:jawdrop:

Fantastically written.......I can see a hotel being remodeled at Wahington and 12th:( .....which means.....get f***ing Ariel as resident, at Maze, ASAP!:eek:

This move alone would reinvent the whole nite life scene South of Lauderdale......as U said..........:hat:

what can you say Mr. Picotto was on fire, yet again. had the crowd eating out of the palms of his hands, his set was a little mix of everything, trance, house, tech, etc just all put together very nicely. Picotto has a style all his own; which is what makes him such an interesting DJ.. as usual a big shout out to the CP crew, you guys and girls are the folks that really help to make the night fun. big ups to the Space folks I got to chill out with for a bit Roly, L.P. and Biz. big thanks to Roly for introducing me to Picotto.

about the Space front door, I was a little upset because, of the conflicting information which was given out. paying the cover was not a big deal, I rarely pay a cover, so paying every once in awhile is not a big deal. I spoke to the gentlemen at the front door, and explained to him what I was told, and he was very cool and let me and my boy Matt in for the reduced price $20.00. all I would ask from Space for future reference, is please let us know what the cover is before we hit the door. I don’t think anybody here is upset with paying the cover, but more so with the fact that nobody really knew what the cover was; until the last minute.

Saleen > nice review on Maze, I’m probably going to check it out next week.

Once again thanks to Space and the CP crew for a much needed night, of just going crazy, chilling, and enjoying some Phat Ass beats. :cool:

so how different is this place from the old salvation layout?

honestly, not to stir shit up, but they are gonna have to do better on the talent for fridays if they plan to make it. BT, AVB and d-fuse are not gonna cut it down here. not to take anything away from those dj's. but other than AVB, none are a big draw. with a club that size, you'll need john digweed or sasha on the decks to get the place filled. at least at the beginning. definately balance dj's. especially since crobar seems to be shying away from them recently.

they will do well with their saturdays though. they have a good circut lineup. that will be their big draw.

damn! sounds like by popular demand Digweed should get on the decks at Maze... well since I heard he won't spin at Space again in his life, it would be a good move if the Maze people book him... I'd be there for sure and I know tons of people would go too.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by laliux

damn! sounds like by popular demand Digweed should get on the decks at Maze... well since I heard he won't spin at Space again in his life, it would be a good move if the Maze people book him... I'd be there for sure and I know tons of people would go too.

why won't he spin there? Space probably charged him cover to get into the club...:blown:

Originally posted by james954

with a club that size, you'll need john digweed or sasha on the decks to get the place filled. at least at the beginning. definately balance dj's. especially since crobar seems to be shying away from them recently.

Balance DJ's I'd like to see.

Jimmy Van M - Progressive - GREAT progressive though.

John Graham (Quivver) - AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!

Nick Warren - I've never heard him spin but his Production work is great.

just wanted to add a little info regarding Maze. Markus Schulz is the friday night resident. He is working closely with the management regarding the upcoming guest dj bokings. Armin Van Buuren was a great choice for them for next week. After all he just got the #5 spot on DJ Mag's top 100.

Maze is working with Balance regarding booking their djs. After all, it was Sasha and the rest of the Balance staff that suggested to Maze they hire Markus as the resident.

Who else would you all like to see booked? This is a great opportunity to get your ideas out there so we can get working on them....

BTW, yesterday someone mentioned "Cocoon"....did you hear RIchie Hawtin and Sven Vath on the radio show last week? We tried to get them in to Maze for their tour, but they only had 5 dates and they were booked....they will let Maze know when they start planning the next tour.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by dakotalynn

just wanted to add a little info regarding Maze. Markus Schulz is the friday night resident. He is working closely with the management regarding the upcoming guest dj bokings. Armin Van Buuren was a great choice for them for next week. After all he just got the #5 spot on DJ Mag's top 100.

Maze is working with Balance regarding booking their djs. After all, it was Sasha and the rest of the Balance staff that suggested to Maze they hire Markus as the resident.

Who else would you all like to see booked? This is a great opportunity to get your ideas out there so we can get working on them....

BTW, yesterday someone mentioned "Cocoon"....did you hear RIchie Hawtin and Sven Vath on the radio show last week? We tried to get them in to Maze for their tour, but they only had 5 dates and they were booked....they will let Maze know when they start planning the next tour.

hmmmmmmm fridays Johnathan Peters is off, well every other friday

tsettos

vicious

les

picotto

deepdish