Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Howells/Tenaglia Reviews

This was a real treat to top off a wonderful week of clubbin!

Got there around 2am and the plase was already moderatley full!

Danny Howells hit it all Hard, Tribal, Deep, Techy, Breaks!

Around 3:45 DT made his grand entrance! by 4:15 DT got on the mic! He welcomed everyone, and then wished DH a happy birthday!

At 4:30 DT got back on the mic and we all sang happy birthday!

Then DT said "No Im going to do my best for Danny Howells" and dropped his first track!

Right after that the fun began! TAG TEAM!!! DT opened with a bang!

I only caught his first four records

And I only stayed till 6:15 due to obligations today

The best part of the night (for Me) was Danny Howells holding his Chop Sticks over the DJ booth and handing people sushi! He gave my friend and I a piece of california roll!

Then the birthday boy signed some records for us! Mucho Props for that!

Deffinatley a great night! Deffinatley a great week!

hey bro, too bad you didnt stay till later, because dt and dh definitely saved the best for last. when howells took the booth over again at 8:30 he spun such incredible tracks that I just could not leave, even though my legs were begging me to. Sick track after sick track, stayed till 9:45. Howells was great, came to hang in the crowd with us. Loved the track by Mekon - Please Stay, and there was one more at 9:40 which id love to have the name of. Hopin to check out Howells Part 2 at Baktun on Monday.

Hey James, see ya at AVB for sure.

Peace

Its 8:00 and I just woke up.........

Last night was a blast, great vibe and awesome music. When I talked to Howells I could tell the guy was definately off his rocker, but he was habing such a good time it didn't matter.

The music.....DT tends to show why he is one of the top three djs in the world on rare occasions. He doesn't do it at his Friday parties, just once in a while......last time I heard him as good as this morning was last DT vs. DH party. Just to give you kids an idea, he dropped three different tracks/basslines to an accapella of "Vogue" while throwing either other songs or loops on top of it for half an hour then started playing the Vogue lyrics backwards........then went into some sick techy tribal shit with some crazy groovy beats.....then tore Underworld's "Two months off" apart by laying the lyrics over some Echomen beat and then dropping a dub of the original......so on and so forth.

Howells was good, but was definately off.......but fuck it, it was his birthday. I found the black eyeliner and black nailpolish kinda out there, but whatever makes him enjoy himself is cool.......

All in all, an awesome night.

Originally posted by djjonstephen

then tore Underworld's "Two months off" apart by laying the lyrics over some Echomen beat and then dropping a dub of the original......so on and so forth.

That was Ekkoheadz - Hypnotic Seduction. I cannot believe how sick his mix of that was. Haven't heard anything that good in a long long long time. Probably not since 3 year anniversary of Vinyl back in February.

Howells was kinda boring. The eqs were all screwy during the first half of the night which was a major contibutor to that. Anyone who left before 7 and didnt hear DT go absolutely nuts missed the reason for being out last night.

DT's set was enough for me to say that I will definitely not be out for while and I will be completely happy.

i got to vinyl at about 1 with my freind Jane. Ive never heard DH spin before and omg he was fucking amazing!!!!!!! Ive also never heard DT spin before and i left at 5:30, i think i only heard his first song but we left cuz we were heading over to sf for classics. One of these days i will be back to hear DT spin.

Got to meet Klubkat and Fierydesire and someone else i think. Def a good set by DH! Cody, now i know why you worship him. ;)

what a loooooooong weekend it was.

was convinced to make it out to dh dt... and howells from 2:30-3:30 was actually groovy houseish... not bad, fun to listen to. tenaglia was good also for a while... then i dont know what happened -somewhere around "vogue" and ladies showin their attitude, vinyl suddenly reappeared!

its been way too long danny. but for like an hour, after the lovey-dovey rolling-all-over-the-place howells folks left, dt took the place to another level. total minfuck.

then howells back on the decks for a few hrs... sux to the howells groupies who left:cool:

Stephen Lyons, you did not get stuck going. You had a choice, I rather you have went to Arc and left me alone at SF to have fun with my friends. Instead you wanted to tag along.. That's your fault not mine. So don't say stuck, say wrong decision that you made. Thanks.

Was there from like 2 to 8......enjoyed what Howells dropped......and DT just rocked shit.....esp. right after Howells around 7ish. Left around 8......overall great vibe, great music....what more can you ask!? Great to see DT and DH vibe off each other.....two class acts!!!!!!!!!:D

Got there about 12 and Howells was setting up the night nicely. Played some banging breaks around like 3 and then ripped it up with Danny T. Had to peace by 6:30, so I missed Howells come back on but definitely one for the books, I havent heard Danny T play like that in sometime. Howells was going nuts all night long, it was great, signed mad autographs, people were just giving him anything and everything to sign. Went nuts with the crowd and even passed out some food and B-day cake. Overall it was a slammin night