Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who should open for RYDELL New yearsEve @ METRO????????

ml2k1

Richie will be coming on at 12 midnight on new years eve(and claims he is playing till 12 noon:eek: :eek: ) So, i have a question. Who do you think should open , or who would you like to see open for Richie Rydell, new years eve at Metro Lounge. Remember, whoever opens will be playing to well over 1000 people in the main room alone, its not like you normal opening gig where someone plays from 9-11 and 20 people are there. The opening dj will be bringing in the new year at midnight and then handing it over to the one and only..............RICHIE RYDELL!!!! UNTIL AT LEAST 11AM THE NEXT MORNING (RICHIE SAYS 12NOON, cant wait!)

So, it is always our goal to make the people happy, so who would you like to see open for Richie on new years eve. All requests will be taken into consideration. Let us know...............Just make sure it is someone who really deserves it and more importantly, CAN RIP THE ROOM APART!. Tell us what you think.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WELL CONSIDERING THE ML IS A NEW YEARS TRADITION FOR ME, THIS IS AN IMPORTANT DECISION TO BE MADE. AS PART OF THE METRO LOUNGE, MERGE GOLD CARD FAMILY THIS TOPIC IS NOT TAKEN LIGHTLY BY ME, MY METRO FAMILY AND FRIENDS. UMM THIS WILL BE WELL THOUGHT OUT AND DISCUSSED AMONGST A CLOSE KNIT GROUP OF METRO PATRONS. MY WIFE WOULD LIKE TO HERE BORIS AT METRO AGAIN BUT HE PROBABLY HAS HIS OWN GIG FOR THAT NIGHT. ME I DONT KNOW . I USED TO LIKE LOUIS TODARRO BUT DO TO RECENT EVENTS THAT HAVE UNFOLDED I DONT LIKE HIS 2BIT PUNK ASS ANYMORE . I DO NOT KNOW ANYONE ON A LOCAL LEVEL UP TO THE CHALLENGE OF OPENING FOR RICHIE. RICHIE IS WELL LOVED AND HAS A GREAT FOLLOWING. THIS IS A TALL ORDER TO BE FILLED. SHOUT OUT TO MR.METRO AND I STILL HAVENT FOUND MY COOKIES. I WILL BE KEEPING MY EARS OPEN FOR SOMEONE WORTHY FOR THE CHALLENGE

Originally posted by djdanfury

I'm not sure if Mark Amatucci has a gig, but I think he would be a great opener. He will build a nice set up for Rydell to start the night off with..

Can't really think of anyone else off the top of my head...

i definitely agree.. not only is mark good friends with richie.. but he is a great choice because their styles match each others.. and would go good together.. and not only that i think it would be a great way for mark to end his 2002 year on a high note and run into 2003.. where i see him blowing up even more

I won't be there till after 3 but will still give my ideas...

1st it should be someone from the new breed Thurs. party. They play to over a 1000 every Thus. so it won't throw them off.

The #1 Thurs. DJ that plays Metro the last Thurs of every month will surely be booked elsewhere (S. Ink)

leaving Justin Higgins as the obvious choice. He is fucking good, especially since this past summer.

Tooch would be good too, keep in mind he played great at the DJ showcase at Merge when he went on at an early hour... He played good early music and didn't try to upstage anyone for the later spots...

Or have Justin 9-10:30 and Tooch 10:30-12.... If they aren't booked elsewhere...

ha ha ha ha, i luv ya laurie your too funny, but last year at metro before 12 i was in noooo shape to even operate a can opener, so george count me OUT, i need to keep it real and hang w/ me peeps on the dance floor and give that lucky girl a kiss come 12!!!, but i would def regommend JOE GIO def w/ out a doubt!!!!