Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Acosta At Spin After The New Year

know

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

not when it was Shadow Lounge....when it was Liquid;)

me and dui were there in the mid to late 90's, i truely can't remember the year, but i know it sucked big time... we were at old liquid and shadow in the same week......

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by saleen351

me and dui were there in the mid to late 90's, i truely can't remember the year, but i know it sucked big time... we were at old liquid and shadow in the same week......

putting the music Trance; which you don’t like aside. :D I think you would appreciate the vibe; that Shadow had. when I came down from NYC, I was looking for a club down here, that had a vibe like NYC clubs. Space was around yet, and shadow fit the bill just perfectly. in Shadows final months the vibe and crowd kind of went away. anybody that was a part of the Shadow family will tell you, it was experience that is sometimes hard to express in words. you really would need to have been a part of it, to truly understand and appreciate it. ;)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sobeton

putting the music Trance; which you don’t like aside. :D I think you would appreciate the vibe; that Shadow had. when I came down from NYC, I was looking for a club down here, that had a vibe like NYC clubs. Space was around yet, and shadow fit the bill just perfectly. in Shadows final months the vibe and crowd kind of went away. anybody that was a part of the Shadow family will tell you, it was experience that is sometimes hard to express in words. you really would need to have been a part of it, to truly understand and appreciate it. ;)

Come to Temps with tsettos, then we'll talk vibe, until then miami is always gonna be a second rate town with clubs. Except for space, but their staff sucks cause its a monopoly... See you for stryke, ps you should come to maze for an hour...

Come to Temps with tsettos, then we'll talk vibe, until then miami is always gonna be a second rate town with clubs. Except for space, but their staff sucks cause its a monopoly... See you for stryke, ps you should come to maze for an hour...

stop hating ! SF with JP now thats a sick vibe..:D I'm going to try and stop by Maze.. who's opening ??

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sobeton

stop hating ! SF with JP now thats a sick vibe..:D I'm going to try and stop by Maze.. who's opening ??

I"m opening

$4 dollar beers all night:eek: :eek:

Shadow opened 1999 till about 2002....u sure u went to the same place:tongue: (hater):finger:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

Shadow opened 1999 till about 2002....u sure u went to the same place:tongue: (hater):finger:

shawdow had the fish tanks fro the walls of the bathrooms. and i bought my girlfriend a black cut off tigh shirt that had the big S on the front

and liquid hearded everyone in a back alley like cattle for hours till we got in...

Originally posted by ogmiami

VIPNERD - You seem to have forgotten that Spin started off playing quality house music, with Luis' promotions that you speak of, and so many of you showed up that they decided to give the night over to Hip Hop promoters.

You are right ...... but Spin was a wannabe back then ...... and Crobar was serious with its musical choice .........

I can't make a business decision today ...... putting myself in the context of yesterday ........ if conditions are equal U can do that.... if conditions change U need to reevaluate ...... and consider the new context ....

Like the decline in trance following altogether .... like the fact that Space has tried with quality to keep trance alive on Fridays ..... and hasn't worked ..... like the fact that techno is almost a legend as the Rolling Stones are ... even though we have in town one of the best DJs I have heard spinning techno almost unemployed in this town......

I also remember the mighty patio @ Space having latin music .... based on that I wouldn't say a latin night at Spin wouldn't work .....:eek:

BTW ..... I'm trying to bring constructive criticism ....... and by my experience ...... it's from where the best ideas come .....

:cool::hat:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sunnyhost

So you went for Fat Black? not a regular night???

i went on a tuesday or monday, i cant' remember, then we hit it up i think on a friday or sat also... we stayed 30 mins and left..

Originally posted by pod

Nope. Shadow was open from 1997 until August of 2001.

Shadow was great..... at its time ...... the good old Liquid was incredible ..... at its time...... Groove Jet was the best ...... at its time... the Mix was of da hook ...... at its time ........ the Old Cameo was great on Sundays ..... at its time ........ the Chili Pepper was hot ..... at its time......

I wanna restart this debate with a given ...... like most mathematicians would start any arguable debate .......

Music evolves.

...... and in this evolution ....... the smart .... or envisioned ... or risk takers ........ put themselves in what is a niche ..... and through either luck if you are short of $ ..... or power if you have the $ ....... they s time... the Mix was of da hook ...... at its time ........ the Old Cameo was great on Sundays ..... at its time ........ the Chili Pepper was hot ..... at its time......

I wanna restart this debate with a given ...... like most mathematicians would start any arguable debate .......

Music evolves.

...... and in this evolution ....... the smart .... or envisioned ... or risk takers ........ put themselves in what is a niche ..... and through either luck if you are short of $ ..... or power if you have the $ ....... they put their feet into a gold mine....

To stay in the past is a lack of envision ....... or determination .....

the most clear example I can imagine in Miami was Groove Jet .... they took a genre that was starting its evolution ...... and ended leaving trance behind ......

What's next ...... that is the Shakespearean question....... tech house?? (not techno) ........ deep house (finally!??) ....... funk house? ..........

and an exogenous (exterior, not manageable variable) factor ..... could be the near end of drugs to input their feet into a gold mine....

To stay in the past is a lack of envision ....... or determination .....

the most clear example I can imagine in Miami was Groove Jet .... they took a genre that was starting its evolution ...... and ended leaving trance behind ......

What's next ...... that is the Shakespearean question....... tech house?? (not techno) ........ deep house (finally!??) ....... funk house? ..........

and an exogenous (exterior, not manageable variable) factor ..... could be the near end of drugs to influence electronic music following ....... be it because of law enforcement agencies .... or clubbers education on them.......

I think we are entering a period of post-chemical music ..... if you read behind lines..... you have to find the music that suits that new context ..... and create it a niche .... be patient ....... and enjoy the $ that will follow ..... because your bar will ring bif time.... do U remember the "blowing" 80's or the "trippy" 70's??...

Now..... just break my argument apart in pieces ....... but try tfluence electronic music following ....... be it because of law enforcement agencies .... or clubbers education on them.......

I think we are entering a period of post-chemical music ..... if you read behind lines..... you have to find the music that suits that new context ..... and create it a niche .... be patient ....... and enjoy the $ that will follow ..... because your bar will ring bif time.... do U remember the "blowing" 80's or the "trippy" 70's??...

Now..... just break my argument apart in pieces ....... but try to make a whole point at the end .......

BTW ..... Louis is not wrong ...... he is missing out on the best opportunity in years .....

Originally posted by CHRles

Kind of hard to understand what you're saying with the way Clubplanet is now set up. The way the editing is now set up we'll all be suffering from dyslexia.

I'm starting to think the whole situation with CP only benefits GA:eek: ......

Everyone will talk about GA as being one of the best DJs to come out of Miami for years, no doubt, unfortunately we have not seen any his musical abilities with regard to live work.

There are countless DJ/Producers who have successfully graduated from beat mixing to making music, and have revolutionzed the way that music is celebrated around the world because of their live work utilizing samplers, drum machines, keyboards, instruments, etc.

GA is in dire need of non-DJ musical credibility and although I'm a loyal local fan, he needs to step it up a notch and start demonstrating musical skills if he wants to gain artistic recognition.

PS -- I know that he has more than "Planet Soul."

Tweak on. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Guest saleen351

Hey biz when your club and your djs have roll calls 6 months before the club even opens up again for the year, then we'll talk vibe and all the club BS.....

MDW 03 Temps with Tsettos, those who know, know...

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132295

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132486

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132485

LP you were fed wrong info from your booking girl and other people. OG's been there and liked the club, but he was never there for tsettos... Its not cheese...

When your club, and when your djs can get Roll calls 6 months ahead of opening weekend, then call me... now go hang out with those faggots at spin, cheese 1 and cheese 2....

you have my email addy, lets stop the bs and book some fucking jersey talent...

o.k. i will be honest with you. i haven't heard acosta in a very long time. i am willing to give him the oppurtunity and check one of his sets out. last time i heard him he was quite trancy which is not my cup of tea.

ariel baund is one of the most underated dj's in miami. he is fantastic. i always liked him a lot more than acosta. he was always a lot deeper and groovier and with a lot more energy...and he always played house not trance. let's give acosta an oppurtunity i guess?

Ariel is one of those DJ's that has truly found his own sound. He is a great producer and a great DJ. He and acosta have been together for a while now. Actually Acosta would probably be nowhere today without him. Members of X was compiled mostly by ariel baund and it was a huge success. Ariel does a great job of opening up the night, but he has had to adjust to the whole Level thing over the past year. I remember going to Level one night at around 11 and walking into the main room, which was not even open yet, and he was in there spinning alone. then they closed the curtain on him and opened up the room. AS soon as Acosta came on, the curtain was lifted. What a bunch of bullshit. Hopefully Ariel will start opening up the night the way he used to at Shadow, when there was no set time for GA to come on and he just kind of showed up and took over the decks. Hell, I'll go out earlier to catch his set now at Spin.