Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP Banjo Track?

launch

Originally posted by avalondon3

Alot of his dubs are hard to come by. Clean versions are even harder. Why is that?:confused:

he has always liked to keep a tight lid on a lot of his own productions (dubs included) that aren't necessarily commerically released and only really played at the SF. increases the exclusivity I guess and ups the price if he ever wants to sell it or license it.

Originally posted by avalondon3

Alot of his dubs are hard to come by. Clean versions are even harder. Why is that?:confused:

its a joke but most of his dubs r tough to come its all who u know esp. tough to find classic dubs clean and full of wild orchid and joey mac just to name a few which r 2 of my fav old jp dubs ;)

Here's what happens...

U become a notoriously big DJ, want to start producing, grab some great keyboardist/programmer and have them start working with u/for u and u end up getting all the credit (putting only your name on things or first when really u ain't doing much).

It's not exactly the greatest thing for the keyboard dude, but for the DJ who wants to up his/her status with credible productions, it's not a bad gig. I guess maybe the keyboard person, if they become successful doing this, might get other opportunities to work with other DJ's as well, but yet again, they will be credited second regardless. Others still might be able to branch out on their own and do well too (Dez and Mac).

BASIC POINT=lots of DJ's have a right hand man doing most or all the actual production for them.

JP=Jim Heinz, Tony C.

Hex=Mac and Dez

Boris=Doug Beck

Mike Rizzo=he's got someone, but I forget the name at the moment...