Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Would you admit you liked this track when it came out?

Guest saleen351

Derb - Derb

Derb - Derbiss

Derb - Derbuss...all the same shit.

Since we are going back to old German Trance sorta tracks, who remembers Hennes Cold - The Second Trip (Scot Project Remix)

1st time I heard his song, i was at a rave in the Amazura Ball Room in queens....my head has never been the same since. Yea the song did kinda fuck with my head too :D

I'll admit I liked the Tetris track. As far as I know, I've never heard Derb. I probably would recognize it if I heard it, but that kind of music just isn't big where I lived at the time (Tampa FL). I was one of about 10 people not to leave the venue the first and only time Venom wnet down there, but he seemed like a nice guy at the very least. In any case, most of the people around there were too busy getting down to La Rissa and Lina Santiago to pay any attention to boom boom stuff like Derb...

Actually, now that I look at what was on the single, I probably have heard it, just didn't know the name. However, Merlyn is a Miami breakbeat guy, so I'm sure it was huge in Ybor...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by brickhouse

I'll admit I liked the Tetris track. As far as I know, I've never heard Derb. I probably would recognize it if I heard it, but that kind of music just isn't big where I lived at the time (Tampa FL). I was one of about 10 people not to leave the venue the first and only time Venom wnet down there, but he seemed like a nice guy at the very least. In any case, most of the people around there were too busy getting down to La Rissa and Lina Santiago to pay any attention to boom boom stuff like Derb...

Actually, now that I look at what was on the single, I probably have heard it, just didn't know the name. However, Merlyn is a Miami breakbeat guy, so I'm sure it was huge in Ybor...

you never heard derb:confused:

the track with 200 remixes, and probably one of the biggest club tracks in the last 5 years..

Does Derb have any lyrics??? Just so I could see if I could recognize it....

Like I said, I was living in Tampa when it came out. That place is a black hole when it comes to 4/4 electronica. However, I'm sure I've heard the Merlyn remix once or twice since Merlyn produces Tampa style breaks. Thanks (or maybe not if it's horrible), but I'm just curious....

Originally posted by brickhouse

Does Derb have any lyrics??? Just so I could see if I could recognize it....

Like I said, I was living in Tampa when it came out. That place is a black hole when it comes to 4/4 electronica. However, I'm sure I've heard the Merlyn remix once or twice since Merlyn produces Tampa style breaks. Thanks (or maybe not if it's horrible), but I'm just curious....

Scratch that....

Found real audio files of it. First off, I guess the Merlyn who did the Derb remix was a different Merlyn, or was just breaking style since it was still hard house. Second, I actually had never heard it before, and now that I have, I'm happy I didn't. Finally, for those who don't know, people who live south of the Mason Dixon Line, or west of Buffalo really could give two rats asses about hard house (aside from Chicago hard house). Guys like JP would never take off outside of the tri-state area because nobody outside of the tri-state area listens to that kind of crap. (BTW, that was in response to the person who said Derb was one of the 5 biggest club tracks in the last 5 years....maybe it was in NYC/Jersey, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't ANYWHERE outside of New York's 150 mile radius.) People back where I'm from get scared if music approaches that level of hardness unless it has a jungle beat behind it....