Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who is the most creative dj out there?

Guest gabo

Guest gabo
Originally posted by £ddie

Other DJs spin records, Junior creates music. End of Story.

I was gonna say junya but i thought i would get ripped to shreads... this isnt a junior friendly crowd.

Originally posted by mattm2o

Im a big fan of Turntabalist teams!

ISP, X-Men, Anomolies, 5th Platoon, Scratch Perverts!

Yeah, I don't listen to nearly enough turntablists. Should start...:D I really should hit up a DMC regionals one of these days.

It's just ridiculous when you take away the vibe and the track selection aspect and listen to PURE SKILLS. Even if you don't like whatever they're spinning, you just can't help but be impressed. That's when you know it's baaaaaaaaad-ass. :eek:

Originally posted by Randy

richie hawtin

agreed. nothing like getting a little fx and 909 in the middle of a dj set. he really knows his music well (especially since he's produced so much of it!) that it enables him to do crazy things with it live... layering 2-3 trax at a time, etc.

i'd also like to add chris leibing to that list - integrating realtime sampling for on-the-fly remixing and buildups/breakdowns.

but by far the most creativity comes from the turtablists...

Originally posted by dialectics

agreed. nothing like getting a little fx and 909 in the middle of a dj set. he really knows his music well (especially since he's produced so much of it!) that it enables him to do crazy things with it live... layering 2-3 trax at a time, etc.

i'd also like to add chris leibing to that list - integrating realtime sampling for on-the-fly remixing and buildups/breakdowns.

but by far the most creativity comes from the turtablists...

Then, don't forget Mills...:aright:

I've been more impressed with Mills than Hawtin, although maybe hawtin can be called more creative (experimental = creative?)

most creative? hmm...

haven't heard Laurent Garnier besides some downloaded stuff but he crosses genres pretty frequently from what I heard and what people have said