Clubplanet Nightlife Community

shitty ass music...

anyone else had it up to here with hiphop??? i used to be a huge fan, listened to it religiously and etc. however as of late theres nothing hip nor hopping about it... its like everything is one huge advertisement (which they cant even pronounce the brand name correctly) or some blabber ass bragging about what s/he has and what everyone else is materially lacking... wtf is going on??? is anyone else annoyed or tired of this crap???

it all sounds the same... ie.- always some female singing a hook..

It was great back in 94, 95 when Biggies first album was out, mobb deeps Infamous, wu-tangs albums( Gza and Raekwon), Nas first album..

:rock:

Now i agree its crap, the majority of it anyways..

lack of originality is definately the biggest killer of hip hop... shit how many beats can they sample before they just simple run out of shit??? puffy sampled more shit than a fat chick in baskin robbins... and now with everyone just sampling this that and the other thing theres nothing left... and a new trend im finding in some songs is that ppl are stealing each others rhymes, i couldnt even tell you how many artists stole lines from Biggie... and now a even more popular trend is keep the same rhymes but just change the words inbetween... but essentially its the same ass rhyme... and then the ever so popular rhyme with the same word 5 times.. jada kiss and beanie seagal are the guiltiest of this... that damn song that ends every sentence with "club, club, club, club,"

Im feelin all of u on this one...hip hop is in a sad state...i used to love hiphop and still like it but theres nothing "hot" out anymore...i remember going out and chillin in hip hop rooms more than house rooms at one point...now all it is, is "bang bang shoot em up, nigga die slow" as star from hot 97 says...and all R&B is just some nigga whinning about the same bogus love story meanwhile their baby mothers are running around all over the place

there is still some good stuff coming out, but fewer and farther between....even the old fav's are sucking this time around. (nas, etc)..

you're def. right about every time I put 97 or 105.1 on its the same 10 songs (camron "we gonna get high tonight", or "jenny from the block" or missy ('lemme see how hard I gotta work it') or eve (gangsta lovin) or eminem (8 mile) or the new jay-z song or maaybe if I'm lucky its the erick sermon/redman track.....and can they let go of "even when I'm with my boo...ya know I'm crazy over you..."

whatever happened to playing OTHER songs from teh album?

groups i grew up with

Public Enemy

Run DMC

Kool Moe D

KRS1

Tribe Called Quest

De La Sol

Cypress Hill

...just to name a few...i've been complaining about hip hop for the last five fuckin years...you can only weed through some of the shit out there and hope you get a few good jams to listen to...not for nothing but i do dig on eminem and missy elliot (not so much on her rhyming skills, but her production - fuckin woman is definitely trying to be cutting edge and unique - even though her new track is sampled and features old school hip hop images - yeah that sounds a bit off but I am talking about her work as a whole....)

better days must be coming or hip hop is doomed...its founding element of story-telling is nothing more than vapors right now...

peace y'all

phattie phat

Originally posted by sugar_n_spice

also worth mentioning-not only does it all suck these days, anytime i turn the radio on, its the same crappy songs being played every hour (esp. hot 97) :bigfinge:

goddamn it i hate that shit! at least 105.1 will throw on some old stuff every now and then....

lmao... hell yeah... you know whos the guiltiest... KTU/z100...

Originally posted by charrails

there is still some good stuff coming out, but fewer and farther between....even the old fav's are sucking this time around. (nas, etc)..

you're def. right about every time I put 97 or 105.1 on its the same 10 songs (camron "we gonna get high tonight", or "jenny from the block" or missy ('lemme see how hard I gotta work it') or eve (gangsta lovin) or eminem (8 mile) or the new jay-z song or maaybe if I'm lucky its the erick sermon/redman track.....and can they let go of "even when I'm with my boo...ya know I'm crazy over you..."

whatever happened to playing OTHER songs from teh album?

lol sooooo true...

holy shit GIRLY ...i think i love u ....u just mentioned LIQUID SWORDS and CUBAN LINKS....2 of the GREATEST albums ever put out...

ive thought about this rap game for a while...and boy oh boy is it in trouble...

who remembers rockin Black Moon in ur headphones goin to school on those cold ass winter days?

how about layin back and lettin Mobb Deep take u thru NYC at the time with some of the tightest lyrics put out?

if u wanted to laugh..put on some ODB- Brooklyn Zoo style..

the Wu did it for everyone....from the Chambers...to the solo projects.....they kept it in the streets

GZA's liquid swords...i dare say it...THE GREATEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME ...it canttttt b fucked with

Capone N Noreaga ...BloodMoney..T.O.N.Y....fuckin great shit

M.O.P. is just about the only crew still doin it like they used to..unfortunately since they signed to COCAFELLA records theyve done NOTHIN

Snoop n Dre hittin us with hot shit from the West Side

remember when you could put on HOT 97 and actually not wana punch the shit out of the radio?

now we got Nelly "stompin in his ERRRRRRR force ones..."....JaRule singin on "rap" songs...every track has to have a female vocal (ashanti)...Fat Joe makin love songs..LL COOL J actin like some 40 yr old with a mid life crisis still tryin to hold on to his youth...Bobby Fuckin Brown makin a "comeback"...

whatever happened to the days when motherfuckers like Ja Rule and Nelly would get their Raider jackets stolen?? i miss those days man!

all i gotta say is...Common (sense) told it like it is on " I USED TO LOVE H.E.R." ...described the evolution of he for a while...and boy oh boy is it in trouble...

who remembers rockin Black Moon in ur headphones goin to school on those cold ass winter days?

how about layin back and lettin Mobb Deethe Wu did it for everyone....from the Chambers...to the solo projects.....they kept it in the streets

GZA's liquid swords...i dare say it...THE GREATEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME ...it canttttt b fucked with

M.O.P. is just about the only crew still doin it like they used to..unfortunately since they signed to COCAFELLA records theyve done NOTHIN

remember when you could put on HOT 97 and actually not wana punch the shit out of the radio?

now we got Nelly "stompin in his ERRRRRRR force ones..."....JaRule singin on "rap" songs...every track has to have a female vocal (ashanti)...Fat Joe makin love songs..LL COOL J actin like some 40 yr old with a mid life crisis still tryin to hold on to his youth...Bobby Fuckin Brown makin a "comeback"...

whatever happened to the days when motherfuckers like Ja Rule and Nelly would get their Raider jackets stolen?? i miss those days man!

all i gotta say is...Common (sense) told it like it is on " I USED TO LOVE H.E.R." ...described the evolution of he for a while...and boy oh boy is it in trouble...

how about layin back and lettin Mobb Deep take u thru NYC at the time with some of the tightest lyrics put out?

the Wu did it for everyone....from the Chambers...to the solo projects.....they kept it in the streets

p take u thru NYC at the time with some of the tightest lyrics put out?

Originally posted by jimk29

Hip hop is dead... and I used to love it. But you are right... It's all about the bling bling. Its garbage pure and simple.

Whatever happened to the good stuff like Kurtis Blow?

some may see hip hop as dead but it isn't eminem is still going strong since his first song, although commerical, "My name is" but your forgettin three characters G UNIT 50 cent lloyd banks and tony yayo these three rappers flow are insane and 50 cent did put out Wangsta which wasnt such a bad song but commerical nonetheless but lissen to old school 50 cent when he wasn't big such as songs like "bad news" ,"how to rob an industry nigga" also check out the " i'm a soldier remix" 50 cent in my own opinion and with much support from many rap fans will and is the next big thing in hip hop lemme know your opinions of G Unit and Eminem....peace

matt

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

holy shit GIRLY ...i think i love u ....u just mentioned LIQUID SWORDS and CUBAN LINKS....2 of the GREATEST albums ever put out...

ive thought about this rap game for a while...and boy oh boy is it in trouble...

how about layin back and lettin Mobb Deethe Wu did it for everyone....from

how about layin back and lettin Mobb Deethe Wu did it for everyone....from the Chambers...to the solo projects.....they kept it in the streets

the Chambers...to the solo projects.....they kept it in the streets

if u wanted to laugh..put on some O

how about layin back and lettin Mobb Deep take u tDB- Brooklyn Zoo style..

attachment.php?s=&postid=941075

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

TIME ...it canttttt b fucked with?

:aright: I know every word 2 those 2 albums. LOl. I had the capone and Nore album too...good stuff especially all the first wu albums..what about the Bobby digital album? That was one of my favs too.

the difference is, back then it was new, now its pop/mainstream rap you guys are talking about... the underground never dies....

necro, outsidaz, brooklyn academy, bad seed, buc fifty, grafh, juice, super natural, journalist, stawz, swollen memebrs, copyrite, ect.. :smoke:

Originally posted by girly

:aright: I know every word 2 those 2 albums. LOl. I had the capone and Nore album too...good stuff especially all the first wu albums..what about the Bobby digital album? That was one of my favs too.

holy crap....and to think i hated u at one point.....u r the female version of me...

the Bobby Digi was hot....DOMESTIC VIOLENCE had me pissin on myself....

so...wana be my best friend??

i ain t gonna hate on hip hop cause had it not been for that i prob would have never gotten into the scene ie '98-99 thank u all u whack ass "wrappers" it is all bout advertisin an what ones got it like they are braggin so the public can t relate back then it was from the streets bout the streets so ppl could relate to it an yes the lyrics were tight back then it was story tellin (slick rick):D now the lyrics are just plain ol dumb...an they dun make sense an yes i am fed up with what they play on the radio i dun even listen to the radio all listen to is my mp3s at least 105.1 has a lil variety but still..... until that culture does drastic changes im stickin with me an my "techno":laugh: