Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rules for Approaching a DJ!

bottom line:

the dj is there to rock the party, which means giving the people what they want. but there's a fine line between being an ARTIST who caters to the crowd while upholding their own musical mission, and being a human jukebox.

it's tough to draw that line sometimes.

no wonder DJ booths are often 20 feet above the floor!

Stop MTV from polluting everyones brain with nothing but ghetto hip hop & club music might thrive like it was 3-4 yrs ago. Right now it's dead. Most of these kids call it Techno because they have no idea, other than the friggin' Louie Devito discs.

I especially love when they request "track 4 on Underground Party 5" & are surprised when I don't know what that is. If this shit keeps up I'm goin' country

Originally posted by dtrave

Stop MTV from polluting everyones brain with nothing but ghetto hip hop & club music might thrive like it was 3-4 yrs ago. Right now it's dead. Most of these kids call it Techno because they have no idea, other than the friggin' Louie Devito discs.

I especially love when they request "track 4 on Underground Party 5" & are surprised when I don't know what that is. If this shit keeps up I'm goin' country

Get along little doggy and ill be fixin ta' hick a ride wit'cha

:rofl: Country! "What do you spin?" "Ohhh you know... cutting edge electronic linedance music"

John - You're so right about the hip hop. At one point my ex and I just took to pasting big signs on the front of the booth that said "Sorry, the DJ does NOT have ANY HIP HOP" (and even that didn't stop people sometimes!)

Originally posted by dtrave

Aall the people i work with ask me if i listen to techno. i just laugh

Originally posted by liqidtouch

i get this one alot-

suprised its not on here

1) do u have that song that goes "doo doo doo do dud ud di dah dah dah did ah ha di du do it again.....dadadadada da dadodo "

It was there...

PLEASE don't sing for the DJ. They have to put up with smoke filled rooms and dangerous decibel levels all night long...Do them a favor and DON'T give them a rendition of your favorite song.

im getting 5000 flyers printed of this list.. I have heard each of these at least 5 times each! one side is gonna say SHUT THE FUCK UP then the list on the back... (J/K)

but seriously, if u want a stack, PM me with your address and ill send them to you no charge! Just leave a stack wherever u dj :)

Roveen

Originally posted by roveen

It was there...

im getting 5000 flyers printed of this list.. I have heard each of these at least 5 times each! one side is gonna say SHUT THE FUCK UP then the list on the back... (J/K)

but seriously, if u want a stack, PM me with your address and ill send them to you no charge! Just leave a stack wherever u dj :)

Roveen

LOL!!!! Roveen seriously, if you get those made for real I WANT THEM!!!!! :rofl:

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

LOL!!!! Roveen seriously, if you get those made for real I WANT THEM!!!!! :rofl:

I'm really making them!!! Ill have them ready by this wednesday, Ill post an image of the final design when done, so keep those pms coming!

:aright:

Originally posted by liquidsky88

What do you do when you're working a gentlemens club and a hot naked stripper asks you to play a song? It's very hard to say no. :rolleyes:

well iguess it depends on how close she is to you- friend or user?

so either play it or tell her- i have to play it after the others - they just keep askin for more and more-

thats what i use sometimes.

HEY ROVEEN!! CHECK YOUR PMs for liqidtouch

Originally posted by liquidsky88

What do you do when you're working a gentlemens club and a hot naked stripper asks you to play a song? It's very hard to say no. :rolleyes:

dancers are the biggest pain in the asses around. I'll never do another go go bar....EVER.