Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nye Wtf

kelebek

WTF is up w/ NYE

I just wanted to thank all the big clubs for such a difficult decision.

HMMM...should I go to Spin and hear George Acosta or to Level to hear George Acosta or to Space to hear George Acosta

or should I go to Crobar to hear Cedric and Juan Mejia or to Space to hear Cedric and Juan Mejia

Its great that you are trying to keep it local, but I am sure that there are some other local djs that deserve to be in there somewhere.

What is wrong with Miami, why are we afraid to try something new and arouse the intrests of those that can't stand to go out anymore because its so 2 years ago.

Originally posted by kelebek

Its great that you are trying to keep it local, but I am sure that there are some other local djs that deserve to be in there somewhere.

i am sure there are local Djs at those mention clubs...just not headlining...i know that Space has booked many locals for the Patio on NYE...so i really dont know what u are talking about..as far as putting a local talent in the mainroom....maybe to open but def. not headlining...if it aint broke dont try to fix it kind of thinking...but i agree it would be nice to hear some fresh local talents headline...:D

COUGH COUGH Jimmy T. COUGH COUGH

Yeah you are right....gotta go w/ what everone is used to. This is sell out Miami. My wish for the New Years is that someone will have the balls to make a change. Don't try to fix what ain't broke....just repetative and boring.

I also heard that all the local djs got together and decided to ring in the new year w/ DARK BEAT. At exactly 12am at every club in Miami, and of course on 93.1, Dark Beat will be playing loud and clear.

I don't consider it business as usual...usually on New Years, you'll catch some locals who don't usually play that much, if at all nowadays...

All the big-time DJs I know usually stay close to home around that time too...people like Danny Howells, John Digweed, and Sasha are someone's 'local DJ', and they usually make New Years a time to go home and say hello to their friends...

Don't sweat it though, the first or second week of January, I'll expect Space to have Danny Tenaglia, and the other clubs will be back to bringing in the guests..

Yeah you are right....gotta go w/ what everone is used to. This is sell out Miami. My wish for the New Years is that someone will have the balls to make a change. Don't try to fix what ain't broke....just repetative and boring.

I also heard that all the local djs got together and decided to ring in the new year w/ DARK BEAT. At exactly 12am at every club in Miami, and of course on 93.1, Dark Beat will be playing loud and clear.

GET YOUR HATE ON!!!!

This thread is precisely what is wrong with Miami....Someday maybe "local" DJs will get the repect and support they deserve (and get elsewhere)...The day we start doing that is the day that our scene will begin to grow....until then it will be just a bunch of followers and wanna-be djs hating on the current scene....I have lived here my whole life and have been Djing for more than half of that time and have always taken great pride in being from Miami....My partner Ralph and I have always made it a point to try to put Miami on the dance music map and establish this as a scene to be reckoned with..BUT.....many times all you feel is discouraged and frustrated when you read some of the local know-it-alls posts....

Don't get me wrong....I still beleive 100% in this town and it's potential...and am nothing but appreciative and flattered by the support we have received for DARK BEAT by the local DJS and clubbers and radio.....and I still love to play at Space in my hometown better than anywhere else in the world....

The funny thing is DT plays DARK BEAT every week....

It was Pete Tong's essential tune today...

Steve Lawler told me it was his favorite track of the year...

Junior Vasquez and JP play it for half an hour at a time...

Danny Howells and Timo Maas wore out there copies in Ibiza...

It is # 1 on Billboard...

#1 on Radio Italia Network...

one of the most requested songs on 93.1 & KTU in NY....

but yet it is the butt of kelebek's joke and sarcasm...

I guess it is not for the elite....and those who really know music..

later

:D

Originally posted by djoscarg

GET YOUR HATE ON!!!!

This thread is precisely what is wrong with Miami....Someday maybe "local" DJs will get the repect and support they deserve (and get elsewhere)...The day we start doing that is the day that our scene will begin to grow....until then it will be just a bunch of followers and wanna-be djs hating on the current scene....I have lived here my whole life and have been Djing for more than half of that time and have always taken great pride in being from Miami....My partner Ralph and I have always made it a point to try to put Miami on the dance music map and establish this as a scene to be reckoned with..BUT.....many times all you feel is discouraged and frustrated when you read some of the local know-it-alls posts....

Don't get me wrong....I still beleive 100% in this town and it's potential...and am nothing but appreciative and flattered by the support we have received for DARK BEAT by the local DJS and clubbers and radio.....and I still love to play at Space in my hometown better than anywhere else in the world....

The funny thing is DT plays DARK BEAT every week....

It was Pete Tong's essential tune today...

Steve Lawler told me it was his favorite track of the year...

Junior Vasquez and JP play it for half an hour at a time...

Danny Howells and Timo Maas wore out there copies in Ibiza...

It is # 1 on Billboard...

#1 on Radio Italia Network...

one of the most requested songs on 93.1 & KTU in NY....

but yet it is the butt of kelebek's joke and sarcasm...

I guess it is not for the elite....and those who really know music..

later

:clap2::punch::clap2:

My only complaint about NYE is that all the lineups haven't been announced. Who cares if its local's or international superstar dj's. Its so sad that you all view our locals as just locals and not as dj's who provide badass music week in and week out. Imagine how hard it must be to prepare for a night like NYE when people expect all kinds of crazy shit like special edits and long loss classics.

If you want superstar dj's go to Giant for the super expensive NYE blowout.

About Dark Beat. hmm be happy for someone to be successful in this year that has been so fucked up with labels and clubs closing. I personally cannot wait for the remix 12"/CD that comes out next year.

Regardless of all this drama. I'll be at Space partying with my friends and bringin in 2003 with a some drums and some drunks. :)

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

areyourestricted?

yes it was sarcasm... but it's not hate

i do support the local djs...it was a joke about having the same djs playing at 3 different clubs on NYE

now where else in the world does that happen but in Miami???

i am pretty educated in the music industry. I have some very close friends that are djs and producers, very close. I have been on the beach for a while. I worked in clubs for a while. I know what is going on in the music industry. Its great for you to have a big hit and sucks that you don't have a sense of humor and have to defend yourself. I believe that Miami still has the potential also, but there are few that really are educated and the rest only know what is shoved down their throats.

I hear your fustration. The sceen is not being held back by haters its being held back by uneducated people. And I know first hand, it makes the job as a dj or promoter or marketing director or club owner that much harder. Good luck in the upcomming yr educating the masses.

OscarG don't listen to the hater's they are just envious of you,

your talent and your acomplishments.

Do you have any idea how many DJ wannabe's are on this board, I truly believe they outnumber the music lovers.

You have amazing talent, pure and simple.

Personally I hope that Space does not bring anyone in for NYE.

That way I know the music be top notch. All I need is you & Roly!

Porque yo soy tu Amiga.

Originally posted by esance

OscarG don't listen to the hater's they are just envious of you,

your talent and your acomplishments.

yea Oscar dont listen to the HATERS...i appreciate what u have done for Miami and its scene musically...i think the only direction Miami can go is up...i think Kelebek is a henchman or henchwoman of ur arch-enemy Dj Stryke!!! she was sent here to defame ur good name and work...u must strike back at Stryke (no pun intended)...dont let him get away with this...;):tongue:

WOW everyone here is really touchy

and no i don't work for Stryke or even know what you are talking about you are all really paranoid

there is no one out to get you

MRMATAS IS JUST MESSING AROUND. HE'S THE CP COMEDIAN AND THE CP GREETER AS WELL. :D

i am pretty educated in the music industry. I have some very close friends that are djs and producers, very close. I have been on the beach for a while. I worked in clubs for a while. I know what is going on in the music industry.

That is a pretty impressive resume....can you please let me in on what is going on in the music industry, because Ive been trying to figure it out for years and I have no clue...

Its great for you to have a big hit and sucks that you don't have a sense of humor and have to defend yourself.

as you can tell from above my sense of humor is in tact....

and I don't feel like my post was about defending myself...

I believe that Miami still has the potential also, but there are few that really are educated and the rest only know what is shoved down their throats.

I agree with you....but I think this goes for most cities on the planet...we have a "grass is greener on the other side" complex

I hear your fustration. The sceen is not being held back by haters its being held back by uneducated people.

I disagree with you here...."uneducated" people don't know any better so they can't really hurt the scene....it is those in the know that hold it back....If the haters were "in it to win it" instead of sitting around all day bitching and moaning...we would be alot better off.....It is people like you and I (who are into this scene and into the music) who are responsible for the direction we take.....if we can't get it together, how can we expect those "uneducated" people to join in...

I disagree with you here...."uneducated" people don't know any better so they can't really hurt the scene....it is those in the know that hold it back....If the haters were "in it to win it" instead of sitting around all day bitching and moaning...we would be alot better off.....It is people like you and I (who are into this scene and into the music) who are responsible for the direction we take.....if we can't get it together, how can we expect those "uneducated" people to join in...

Wow, very well put OG.....:D

Oscar has a valid point with the "grass is greener" statement. I'm in New York right now, and people up here are pretty much saying "our scene sucks, you guys have it so good!" or my favorite "Man, you live 10 minutes from Space?!?!? I want to move in with you!"

We don't realize how good we have it until it's gone, pretty much...

I guess he is lying to me then.....

thanks for clearing that up Brian

He used to play it all the time back in the spring time. I have been there the last 3 weeks and I havent heard it. Maybe he plsys it before or after I am there. Every DJ in the tri state area up here has been playing it and KTU has been playing it alot. It is on 2 compiltiations that I know of so far. I really like the song. I am glad that he id doing well and that you guys are making money off it. I wasnt trying to hate on you about that track.